Heat Will Break Chicago's Wins Record, Says Jeff Van Gundy

No they won't. Not impossible, but I give them only 10% chance of beating this record this first year and 30% of beating it one of the following 5 seasons. Even if they get into a position where they can beat 72, the question is whether the big 3 will play in the remaining games if they have clinched home court.

No they won't. Not impossible, but I give them only 10% chance of beating this record this first year and 30% of beating it one of the following 5 seasons. Even if they get into a position where they can beat 72, the question is whether the big 3 will play in the remaining games if they have clinched home court.

They have to play Orlando 4 times, Chicago and Boston 3 or 4 times, Lakers twice, etc. In just those games they'd have to go 11-2 or 10-3, probably, and you can't tell me they're going to do that. They'll lose random games they shouldn't. Even the '96 Bulls lost twice to Indiana and lost two in a row at one point in the regular season.

The other problem goes beyond numbers. There's no clear-cut alpha dog on this team. Yeah, it is Wade's team, but not in the way that Chicago was Jordan's team, or the Celtics and Bird. Throw in the fact that Bosh is a total defensive liability (he got punked in the '08 Gold Medal game by the Gasol brothers) and there are bound to be slip-ups. I know the Bulls were weak on centers in '96, but they made up for it with all-league defenders, the 6th Man of The Year (Kukoc) and one of the greatest rebounders of all time (Rodman).

They have to play Orlando 4 times, Chicago and Boston 3 or 4 times, Lakers twice, etc. In just those games they'd have to go 11-2 or 10-3, probably, and you can't tell me they're going to do that. They'll lose random games they shouldn't. Even the '96 Bulls lost twice to Indiana and lost two in a row at one point in the regular season.

The other problem goes beyond numbers. There's no clear-cut alpha dog on this team. Yeah, it is Wade's team, but not in the way that Chicago was Jordan's team, or the Celtics and Bird. Throw in the fact that Bosh is a total defensive liability (he got punked in the '08 Gold Medal game by the Gasol brothers) and there are bound to be slip-ups. I know the Bulls were weak on centers in '96, but they made up for it with all-league defenders, the 6th Man of The Year (Kukoc) and one of the greatest rebounders of all time (Rodman).

same was said about the Lakers last year, AFTER WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP..... and we all saw how that went... at the end of the day its all hear say... and one man's opinion... i think they'll win 69.... 70 tops...

same was said about the Lakers last year, AFTER WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP..... and we all saw how that went... at the end of the day its all hear say... and one man's opinion... i think they'll win 69.... 70 tops...

"Hopes of chemistry issues are being short-circuited by the abuse James has been hearing this summer. The more James, Wade and Bosh are criticized for AAU-izing the NBA, the more they'll be focused on playing as a unit. Rivals hope that James and Wade won't be able to break their self-indulgent habit for pounding the ball; meanwhile, the anti-Miami climate is helping to create the us-against-the-world environment in which Pat Riley's teams have always thrived."

68 is the basement for this team. Quote me.

"Hopes of chemistry issues are being short-circuited by the abuse James has been hearing this summer. The more James, Wade and Bosh are criticized for AAU-izing the NBA, the more they'll be focused on playing as a unit. Rivals hope that James and Wade won't be able to break their self-indulgent habit for pounding the ball; meanwhile, the anti-Miami climate is helping to create the us-against-the-world environment in which Pat Riley's teams have always thrived."

68 is the basement for this team. Quote me.

These are prob the 3 most highly conditioned athletes in the League, after Kobe. That being said it depends on what happens this September in the world championships. If these guys know they have to go qualify next summer they are going to not even attempt to get the record. They arent going to go for this record then beg off of going to qualify. But if were already qualified they would have their best shot at going after it. Regardless I dont think they get it this season.

These are prob the 3 most highly conditioned athletes in the League, after Kobe. That being said it depends on what happens this September in the world championships. If these guys know they have to go qualify next summer they are going to not even attempt to get the record. They arent going to go for this record then beg off of going to qualify. But if were already qualified they would have their best shot at going after it. Regardless I dont think they get it this season.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

its possible. you can tell from the jump if they will.
So what could you have told from watching the Celtics at the start of last season?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

its possible. you can tell from the jump if they will.
So what could you have told from watching the Celtics at the start of last season?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

who cares if they do because they will fall apart in the playoffs

This.I predict that they will go 73-9 and lose to Boston in whatever round of the Playoffs. One of their regular season losses will be a blowout to OKC which will put doubt in their minds around playoff time. Niketalk will erupt with all types of epic pics and gifs once they lose in the playoffs. On the flip side, What if they go undefeated and sweep the playoffs 3 years in a row
eek.gif
. Do you think Stern would take any action?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

who cares if they do because they will fall apart in the playoffs

This.I predict that they will go 73-9 and lose to Boston in whatever round of the Playoffs. One of their regular season losses will be a blowout to OKC which will put doubt in their minds around playoff time. Niketalk will erupt with all types of epic pics and gifs once they lose in the playoffs. On the flip side, What if they go undefeated and sweep the playoffs 3 years in a row
eek.gif
. Do you think Stern would take any action?

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I highly doubt they break that record, but for you dudes saying they ain't ever gonna touch the Finals are PURE hate. Stop sipping Kobe's semen and come back to reality.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I highly doubt they break that record, but for you dudes saying they ain't ever gonna touch the Finals are PURE hate. Stop sipping Kobe's semen and come back to reality.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't know if they do it this year, but I really do believe they'll do it eventually...I could them breaking the record and still losing in the finals though.

I mean LeBron carried one a squad full of scrubs to 66 wins, another top 3 player in the league, an perennial all-star big man and a number of apt role players I wouldn't see why that isn't in play.  This site just like to hold on to all things Jordan as untouchable.

Back
Top Bottom