Help! Regarding Paypal Dispute as the Seller

Hey guys,

Hoping to pick some of your brains and get some help with a situation i have with a buyer on Paypal at the moment. Any help or tips would be great as this is the first time out of over 50 sales iv had a dispute raised against me. Situation is below:

I listed a pair of Deadstock OG He got game 13's (Jordans) for sale in a facebook sneaker group im in. As part of the listing i provided all photos and described the item as it exactly was.
Buyer recieved item a week ago and messaged me saying thanks im happy. And then yesterday messaged me asking for a refund. I asked why and he said, they dont look wearable even thought they are brand new. With all OG's or very old kicks i sell i attach a flyer which quickly states these are intended for collection purposes and if your choose to wear thats at your own risk i cant guarantee they will last as they are not a newly made shoe. Purely as a warning to a possible clueless buyer. Im sure most of you have prob seen this sort of message on ebay listing before. I explained to him the item is exactly as descirbed so i am not refunding the amount. He then lodged a claim with paypal which is currently in dispute. He put down they are used on the subject but not in the comments section. I still have pics of the shoe before i sent them DS anyway.
Just would like to know whats my chances of winning this dispute as he really has no legit reason to be asking for a refund other then he changed his mind.

Thanks guys!
Much appreciated

Your first mistake was calling them 'He Got Game' - in OG form they are the Black/White XIII.

Did you send him an invoice for the shoes? Did you also explicitly list all terms and conditions?

Yeh i listed them as He got games for searching purposes etc. Had black toe in the brackets though.
No i actually recieved the funds from him upon supplying my email address as before this we had dealt before and actually pretty good friends. (Yeh i know i should have stuck to my usual invoice procedure even though was a "friend" I did explain the terms and conditions before i posted.
He has gone sour now, wont be dealing again thats for sure!
Ive explained to pay pal via phone my side seem to understand but dosent sound like they listen to sellers even if buyer has no reason from the first reply on here

Some advice when selling OG shoes - you don't want to use some cornball nicknames to attract the current crop of ignorant people who buy JB's poor quality product. You want an older buyer or a sports memorabilia collector.

If you feel like you're going to lose the money, then at least get PayPal to have him send the sneakers back to you.

you did da right thing with da nickname to get more attention to em, but you should've CLEARLY stated they were OG and wearing

them wasn't recommended, NOT buried in fine print.

on another note, i dunno how da OG XIII's aren't wearable..all you gotta do is glue da sole back, they don't crumble if da midsole separates...

Some advice when selling OG shoes - you don't want to use some cornball nicknames to attract the current crop of ignorant people who buy JB's poor quality product. You want an older buyer or a sports memorabilia collector.

If you feel like you're going to lose the money, then at least get PayPal to have him send the sneakers back to you.

Yeah i feel ya. I was after a quick sale so it had more chance of selling if i used all known names but i get what your saying. This dude isnt a OG head as such, pretty sure its his first OG. Thanks for the tip though il remember that.

Yeh i really cant tell how its going to go because ive never had this happen before and he has no leg to stand on. Does paypal listen to the sellers view?
Yeh dont worry no money will be returned unless shoes are returned but i am trying my best to avoid this happening.

you should be ok. I do chargebacks for Visa. As long as merchandise is as described, and you put the disclaimer about we arability you should be good. Generally its who ever got the best documentation wins. If you got those messages saved that will be a plus. (the one saying he's content with purchase).

Last edited:
you did da right thing with da nickname to get more attention to em, but you should've CLEARLY stated they were OG and wearing

them wasn't recommended, NOT buried in fine print.

on another note, i dunno how da OG XIII's aren't wearable..all you gotta do is glue da sole back, they don't crumble if da midsole separates...

Thanks bro, i really think even og heads will search for "he got games" because they think sellers list like that.
Upon discussing the sale and actually on the listing i wrote this in this exact wording "Shoes are Mint and 100% wearable" so buyer knew i was selling a wearable jay. I just add the note with shoes out of procaution, not doing it anymore, amatuers freak out like this ****.
And exactly! 13's are one of them kicks that actually have a long life for wearing.

Two things.

1.  I'm not sure how Paypal takes into consideration messages outside of eBay.  But if dude let you know everything checked out and then later decided to file a claim, I'd imagine that would raise some eyebrows over at Paypal.  Then again, this is Paypal we're talking about. 

2.  That man isn't your friend in any shape, form or fashion.  
laugh.gif

Two things.

1.  I'm not sure how Paypal takes into consideration messages outside of eBay.  But if dude let you know everything checked out and then later decided to file a claim, I'd imagine that would raise some eyebrows over at Paypal.  Then again, this is Paypal we're talking about. 

2.  That man isn't your friend in any shape, form or fashion.  
laugh.gif

Yeh i can obtain them for paypal if they are going to help. I guess itd show his change in heart.

And this dude wont exist to me once this is over with, along with anyone he's linked with.

i hope you took the money out of your account because if you didnt you not seeing it again

i hope you took the money out of your account because if you didnt you not seeing it again

Thats if he wins this dispute.
The amount of cash in my account aint a amount i wanna carry on me.
Im pushing paypal as hard as i can, dude can keep them damn shoes and il keep the damn money

you should be ok. I do chargebacks for Visa. As long as merchandise is as described, and you put the disclaimer about we arability you should be good. Generally its who ever got the best documentation wins. If you got those messages saved that will be a plus. (the one saying he's content with purchase).

Il be calling paypal in a minute offering them messages then, cheers for the tip

Thats if he wins this dispute.
The amount of cash in my account aint a amount i wanna carry on me.
Im pushing paypal as hard as i can, dude can keep them damn shoes and il keep the damn money
Not sure how PPal disputes work, but do they request documentation?

I would print the Product description and pics and have that for them. Also provide a copy of the language that comes with the shoes that talks about wearablility. Provide them with a clear account of each discussion between you and the customer (including dates and times). Do you have refund policy anywhere on your posts? Fine print dont matter, long as its written, that can be a help.

Last edited:
"caveat emptor"

Provide Paypal a link to your disclaimer, a copy of his email stating he was happy with the purchase and also pictures of the shoe being deadstock, it's a hassle since it takes long for paypal to decide on these matters but if you provide them as many information needed then they would eventually rule in your favor.

Also, it would help if you have a good feedback as a seller.

Last edited:
Alright just off the phone with Paypal. Spoke to a good guy this time, sounded like he understood my situation and stated hes a seller etc. Hes taken hold of my claim for now. He said if i didnt call someone would have jusr refunded him without looking into it.
As i sold outside of ebay and through facebook (not my normal process) no listing is abl to be used he said, providing any emails from and to the buyer cant be used as they can be altered he said. He said that he has just sent him a email requesting he get physical evidence stating the item is signifigantly not as described. if he dosent within 10 days i keep my cash ( preferred outcome) if he somehow gets a sign letter from a place stating item is worth, for example $100 then its signifigantly less then purchase price which was $350. Or has to somehow get a valuation from pretty much anywhere even a 24/7 stating its not wearable than he also wins. If he dosent supply docs i win.
If i loose its not the end though he mentioned, he told me if it goes against my favour and i recieve the item and its not as described or it is and i just say its not, i just have to sign a stat dec or something similar stating the item recieved has been worn or damaged and i then get to keep money and shoes. I dont want to go that route but i may have to from the looks.
Long story haha, il come back to this post once its resolved with an update for future sales for everyone including me.
No more selling outside of ebay, lesson learnt

you can list outside of ebay. just make sure you do invoices and include a link to where the item is listed along with filling out the terms portion in the invoice (pretty much the disclaimer you have in your listing).

I honestly just stick with NT and eBay since both provide some sort of feedback (iss too). seems like the crowd is a little more mature/stable than what ive heard from facebook/instagram type groups. Yes, you find good deals on there as a buyer and probably sell quicker but there is a risk of a huge hassle.

If you sell an item, put signature confirmation and possible insurance to cover the "I didn't receive the item" scam. also, print postage electronically if possible so that you can use the shipping company's database to verify you shipped to the correct address vs a handwritten label you may use doing in-store shipping.

Dude saying ALL GOOD is an acknowledgement that the shoes were inspected and confirmed to be new in box.
The listing saying OG or having the disclaimer of age should cover you as far as the wearability is concerned.

Sounds like a case of buyer's remorse at its finest.

PS - dude definitely wasn't your friend.

Last edited:
Yeh i tried explaining that too PP but because the group where it was listed is a private group they cant see it on facebook. They wont accept a screenshot or email or messages as can be edited i was told. My friend told me he knows someone in paypal so hes gonna see what they can do no promises but hes in the same group and has my back along with others.

Yeah most definatley sticking to ebay and ************* from now on for selling after this experience.

Exactly what i thought, ackowledgement was given when recieved that was as descibed, gave more then fair warning and information regarding what a OG shoe entales when puchasing. Its crystal clear he has buyers remorse, obvious as hell.

And yeh, i used that friend term lightly, not at all a friend in heinsieght just someone friendly i thought.

Lets see what my boy can musta up for me, if i loose out and have to refund and get the shoe back. Il play the game against him and get my money back

Fresh from Paypal

"Buyer has supplied a letter from a shoe store stating that the product supplied isnt as described" Refund to buyer will be processed upon proof of postage back to you the seller" He knows a manager at a store, i had a feeling that hurdle was going to be easy for him.

Great!
Ok imma have to play a game once they return.

Fresh from Paypal

"Buyer has supplied a letter from a shoe store stating that the product supplied isnt as described" Refund to buyer will be processed upon proof of postage back to you the seller" He knows a manager at a store, i had a feeling that hurdle was going to be easy for him.

Great!
Ok imma have to play a game once they return.

3rd party letter :smh:

shouldve took the money out of your account and said f paypal and just got the negative balance

dunno why people still use paypal lmao so easy to scam on it... ahh if only i knew about paypa 3-4 years ago id be a rich man

Back
Top Bottom