Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

As long as your being productive, I don't see a problem.

/THREAD
and if you're filipino..
laugh.gif
jk

I'm not but I see your point...it depends on the culture one comes from.

i'm almost 20 and i shulda BEEN gone. some dudes saying you left at 17, did you take out loans or did you parents pay for your rent/ect? Unless yourbusting your buttocks to keep up with expenses, i don't believe anyone has really "moved out"

Its funny because half these dudes that are saying 25 is way to old are about 18-21. Don't worry when I was your age I would think the same thing untilreality hits your **@ and you realize sometimes your childhood dreams and expectations are way to high...

what if you have a single mother and never met your dad. is it alright to just abandon her, even though she did not ? things these days

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]at least your not like my boss who is 1 year shy of 30 and lives in his parents basement[/color]

Who cares what other people think is too old? *%*% aint sweet out here. The problem people run into is they feel they gotta do something by a certain age , due to somebodies conventions. Then you force yourself into bad situations, marriage you can't stand, house/apt you can't afford, credit card bills, now you out there @!%$**% our economy up. Do what you yourself believe is correct. These lames with the rollin smileys aren't even old enough to be making these decisions.
exactly

Originally Posted by ericescobar

i'm almost 20 and i shulda BEEN gone. some dudes saying you left at 17, did you take out loans or did you parents pay for your rent/ect? Unless your busting your buttocks to keep up with expenses, i don't believe anyone has really "moved out"
whats so hard to believe?
I moved out after HS, went to college on football scholarship and have been on my own since 17.
I know people who have moved out and just worked and never returned.

Originally Posted by Hellscream23

Nah it's cool man don't listen to all these haters. Live your life the way you do, that's all that matters. Liars will say, "I moved at 14, 15, 16, 17, etc. and I'm doing fine, blah. blah...." Fact is, they don't know who you are. If you happy then fight on brotha. If you move out just to move out, and have to have 3 jobs with no life and all that, then you are worse off then living with your parents. If you can comfortably leave, then go ahead too. Don't listen to these liars and haters.
Yea dont worry, just go at your own pace. Get yourself a stable career, save up for down payment, move out/move on in life. That's my advice.

Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't plan on continuing for 10 more years. I'm only 20, but I envision myself living at home for the first coupleyears after I graduate and start working....just to save money paying for rent, and take some time to get settled. Probably move out sometime between 25-30y/o...ideally speaking.

failure_to_launch.jpg

if matthew can you it (well, for over an hour he did it), you can too.
pimp.gif
i visited back home this past weekend in southern california and met up w/ some friends. two of them are living at home. one is almost 29 and theother is 27 (or maybe 28). the one who's 29 lives in a mansion, so i cosign w/ him living at home. going to culinary school and is doing just fine
pimp.gif
the other one though, a regular house w/ his parents and brother. iwould say that if you think your situation is bad, then there are some worse off than you.

stay at home. go to school. get your money right. get a career. then move out.

Were in a recession, if you can live with ya folks to ride it out and save money for a better situation later, I don't see a problem.

Do You Bruh. Dont listen to these children on Niketalk. If your parents allow you to be there stay there. It's a smart move. Saving money and going toschool. Kudos to you. Its good to see that some people on this board are actually thinking about their futures. Lifes more than having the fly kicks and latesthypebeast clothing. But word to you guys that keep talking about going to school and then coming out and then buying a house. Sounds like a good plan. But Goodluck man times are ALOT different than they were, things don't always work out as planned. ALways have a Plan A.B. and C.

Nothing wrong with it, do what's best for you. I don't plan on moving out until about 31 or 32(I'm 26). My folks don't make me pay for anythingexcept for groceries, so I'm able to save about 30k each year. The way I see it I'll have a few years of living expenses in the bank, while also beingable to buy a house and pay it off in a short time. (none of that 30 year crap for me) Most of my friends that are "independent" are basically livingpaycheck to paycheck, and I'd never trade places with any of them, but like I said different strokes for different folks.

It depends, if your studying and cant get a full-time job so you can get your own house or something then no its not to old.

we all leave the nest at different ages. there is no set age that you have to be out. i was ready to move out last year but then the economy went to @%@*, workstarted getting slow (mind you, i had the money to leave and be good for a year) but i decided to stay a year to help out my dad so he won't lose thehouse. work has started to pick up a little and im still planing of leaving before the year ends. im 23.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Its funny because half these dudes that are saying 25 is way to old are about 18-21. Don't worry when I was your age I would think the same thing until reality hits your +%! and you realize sometimes your childhood dreams and expectations are way to high...

exactly my cousin wants to get an apartment with me once he graduates high school..
i was living with two friends in new york (bronx) living paycheck to paycheck..
basically just for rent and i still couldnt do it..i had to leave school and work
SmH i shoulda moved down to FL with my mom when she left..
now im down here living with her and starting school at a community college at the age of 22..
Trust me living on your own is cool but you have to be able to pay everything off and still have cash, most of the people who move at the age of 18 are eitherreal lucky at the job they got or have their parents pay for stuff or hustle hard...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by ericescobar

i'm almost 20 and i shulda BEEN gone. some dudes saying you left at 17, did you take out loans or did you parents pay for your rent/ect? Unless your busting your buttocks to keep up with expenses, i don't believe anyone has really "moved out"
whats so hard to believe?
I moved out after HS, went to college on football scholarship and have been on my own since 17.
I know people who have moved out and just worked and never returned.

its easy for me to believe its possible to move out young. what i don't believe is that everyone in year claiming to have moved out at 17 really worked forthe oppurtunity. it's different if an empty appartment is handed to you compared to if someone is in school and working a job to have anough money tosupport themselves. scholarships are tricky. yeah you did something well enough to get someone elses money, but its still handed over. nothing like a goodheadache when nothing is handed to you and you're struggling to make ends meet. feels um um good!

im 25, living at home....appllying for jobs left and right, bc i just finished school last year.

once i get that steady income of a career, im out.

busting %%%, at a restraunt to pay bills = not what a good life sounds like.....im straight upstairs in the parents house.

plus my girl stays over and i come and go as i please.

really no problems.

like others have said, if youre doin something with yourself its all good....... sittin at home, screaming on xbox live all day, is NOT ok....
make productive moves.

Back
Top Bottom