Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
$200 extra a week? That would put me at $600/wk, which is like a $22/hr job? If people are making $600 a week A LOT of people still wont look for a gig.
yeah, we pay are assistants less than that!

Wondering, can you file for unemployment if you're fired because of performance? I have a guy who I think is doing awful on purpose in hopes of being fired. Not sure how unemployment works in that situation

one of the main reasons why I am asking is that i went to all the worst schools in my state growing up & i strongly believe it wouldn't have made a difference for me to miss 1/2 year to 3/2 years.
I would have flourished with schooling from home, as long as Mom didn't have to work. Too many distractions being in class during my time

yeah, we pay are assistants less than that!

Wondering, can you file for unemployment if you're fired because of performance? I have a guy who I think is doing awful on purpose in hopes of being fired. Not sure how unemployment works in that situation

Yes, unemployment for fired or laid off, not quit unless it can be proven that you quit due to unsafe working conditions, employer's negligence, etc.

Yes, unemployment for fired or laid off, not quit unless it can be proven that you quit due to unsafe working conditions, employer's negligence, etc.
thanks for clarifying. I always wondered. I mean, you gotta be pretty stupid to want to get fired in this environment. But there are those who don't care, only to get paid more and then find out its gone. Guarantee a bunch of people purposely got fired because of the extra $600 per week, now sweating it because its going to drop.

Could be wrong but i thought you don't qualify for unemployment if you get fired only laid off
They must be out of work through no fault of their own
If that was the case you figure every person who has a min wage job would try to get fired to get unemployment

Could be wrong but i thought you don't qualify for unemployment if you get fired only laid off
They must be out of work through no fault of their own
If that was the case you figure every person who has a min wage job would try to get fired to get unemployment

At least here in CA, you would be eligible when fired unless it was for something crazy, not just doing a bad job.

this might be a dumb question but imma ask it anyways...i already know the kids missed several months of school but does missing say another year make a significant difference down the road? i'm only wondering from a purely education standpoint.

Depends on the child and environment. My son goes to private School and attended kinder this past year. Being with him during the online learning benefited him because we focused on his learning, reading, math, etc... He would’ve gotten similar attention from his teachers but there are 12-14 kids in his class. My son is just like me when it comes to learning...he needs a quiet place cuz he’s easily distracted by his classmates. So having the online learning actually helped him more IMO. The main thing I’m worried about is having no socialization amongst other kids/peers. Especially at my son’s age of 6 yrs old. I have an 7 month old as well so I’m not about him

unfortunately for kids who are living in poverty stricken neighborhoods or schools who don’t have the proper learning tools in place for online courses, they will suffer.

Pretty long thread but if you're curious how Covid impacts some people long term, this is an interesting read.

Definitely interesting although we start to get into the murky unresolved waters of chronic fatigue...

For anyone interested, read about encephalitis lethargica or read the book Awakenings (or watch the movie that's based on the book). Or at least read the wiki lol. It was basically an outbreak of a weird sleeping sickness, likely due to an autoimmune disease that was triggered by an infection. Some speculated it was a result of the 1918 flu but more likely it was a different infection that led to it.

ddzhsyurlgd51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom