Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can the vaccine be given to children younger than 16 years old???
Currently kids under 16 but older than 12 are in trials/studies. The initial Pfizer and moderna tests did not include them. Now they're being guinea pigged. This is a long drawn out process. Officially, it's 16 for Pfizer and 18 for moderna.

CA schools won't be opening for years if these kids are last priority. Meanwhile, 30 other states are open and doing fine,
Despite fauci and others flip flopping about schools.

Can the vaccine be given to children younger than 16 years old???
Pfizer is authorized for 16+, Moderna 18+
They are hoping to have enough information to vaccinate younger children before the next school year, fall 2021. Moderna has reported difficulties getting enough trial participants in younger age groups.

Currently kids under 16 but older than 12 are in trials/studies. The initial Pfizer and moderna tests did not include them. Now they're being guinea pigged. This is a long drawn out process. Officially, it's 16 for Pfizer and 18 for moderna.

CA schools won't be opening for years if these kids are last priority. Meanwhile, 30 other states are open and doing fine,
Despite fauci and others flip flopping about schools.
I don’t agree that schools are “doing fine.” Both my kids are on distance learning though their school has the option for in person as well. They have had several outbreaks, among both staff and students.

We've known it for years. Kids are petri dish for flies and colds etc. I know teacher who haven't been sick in a year but are sick 6-7 times a school year. But my area never tried hybrid with masks and distancing. It's been at home since April.

Blake P Blake P I guess it's the perception that it's fine. We know universities are sketchy. But then there's some states who have schools open (with masks), and they're getting by. I think hybrid should be tried. But my area is waiting for 0.03% of us to be infected to allow that.

And I think getting by may include outbreaks. But every type of business is seeing this. Contact trace the heck out of everything.

Can kids be tested for covid?

We've known it for years. Kids are petri dish for flies and colds etc. I know teacher who haven't been sick in a year but are sick 6-7 times a school year. But my area never tried hybrid with masks and distancing. It's been at home since April.

Blake P Blake P I guess it's the perception that it's fine. We know universities are sketchy. But then there's some states who have schools open (with masks), and they're getting by. I think hybrid should be tried. But my area is waiting for 0.03% of us to be infected to allow that.

And I think getting by may include outbreaks. But every type of business is seeing this. Contact trace the heck out of everything.

Can kids be tested for covid?
Yes, kids can be tested same as adults. School just started back last week and there’s already at least 4 teachers out with COVID. It’s not safe.

RE: Vaccinating Kids

Based on our research, the claim that Democrats passed legislation to vaccinate children without parental knowledge or consent is MISSING CONTEXT. In reality, the D.C. Council passed legislation to allow minors, age 11 and over, rather than their parents, to decide whether they want to receive government-recommended vaccines.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/

RE: Vaccinating Kids

Based on our research, the claim that Democrats passed legislation to vaccinate children without parental knowledge or consent is MISSING CONTEXT. In reality, the D.C. Council passed legislation to allow minors, age 11 and over, rather than their parents, to decide whether they want to receive government-recommended vaccines.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/

Some kids be smarter than their pops

Moderna lot deemed safe to continue vaccinations after brief pause due to some (6?) allergic reactions in San Diego.

Last edited:
just realized it’s been a year since this thread was created and have been in here since day one. Along with the soccer thread, this is the thread I’ve been in everyday.

And for the past 11 months, my life has been on repeat, day after day, week after week. Basically Groundhog Day. Outside of groceries and low risk errands, ive been in operation shut down mode since early March. Can’t wait until it’s my turn for the vaccine and that’s still months away but I’m just holding out hope that things speed up and maybe get mine by April.

The thing that hit me most was "People want outdoor learning options" though schools/districts act like it's impossible. It is certainly not a new idea, and could be our most effective option for getting kids back in school safely...

I think safety is the issue that would hold school districts back from having their kids outside. No protection from outsiders.

All schools don't have enclosed areas/fences etc.

I think safety is the issue that would hold school districts back from having their kids outside. No protection from outsiders.

All schools don't have enclosed areas/fences etc.

Understood. It may not be a one size fits all option, but it certainly hasn't gotten enough attention or consideration, IMO. It's similar to people ignoring the fact that keeping the doors and windows OPEN in classrooms is much safer than sealing everything and running the heater. All this does is help the virus circulate in the air and raise the risk of airborne transmission.

Trump and Pence really had no plan for vaccinations :lol:

I knew they we incompetent, but I didn't really think they would just not even try.

To be fair, the no plan plan was like Field of Dreams where it was just imagined that state and local governments could figure out the details, which obviously has not worked out well in many areas. I honestly don't think anyone expected safe and effective vaccines so quickly and the infrastructure was never built.

Last edited:
Understood. It may not be a one size fits all option, but it certainly hasn't gotten enough attention or consideration, IMO. It's similar to people ignoring the fact that keeping the doors and windows OPEN in classrooms is much safer than sealing everything and running the heater. All this does is help the virus circulate in the air and raise the risk of airborne transmission.

Their response to this, as it has come up in our meetings, is that every school's HVAC system has been upgraded in an attempt to filter/circulate the air more efficiently.

Some has said the same as you, it makes sense to just keep the damn windows open to circulate the air. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom