Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be fair, the no plan plan was like Field of Dreams where it was just imagined that state and local governments could figure out the details, which obviously has not worked out well in many areas. I honestly don't think anyone expected safe and effective vaccines so quickly and the infrastructure was never built.
I don't think is a "to be fair" response to this.

I think ****ting on them for having no plan is perfectly fair. Covid is a national problem, an interstate problem, but there needed to be a national response of some kind.

It would be like a country evading America, battles are being thought in all 50 states, and the federal government saying "you guys got national guards, take care of it yourself"

Then vaccines were in stage one trials there were economists and scientists talking about how the infrastructure should be built out and other steps that need to be taken.

They clearly ignored all that advice. This vaccine situation comes off the **** show with PPE.

Not letting states off the hook for where they are dropping the ball and their foolishness, but what the Trump administration did was so egregiously incompetent is borders on malicious

I don't think is a "to be fair" response to this.

I think ****ting on them for having no plan is perfectly fair. Covid is a national problem, an interstate problem, but there needed to be a national response of some kind.

It would be like a country evading America, battles are being thought in all 50 states, and the federal government saying "you guys got national guards, take care of it yourself"

Then vaccines were in stage one trials there were economists and scientists talking about how the infrastructure should be built out and other steps that need to be taken.

They clearly ignored all that advice. This vaccine situation comes off the **** show with PPE.

Not letting states off the hook for where they are dropping the ball and their foolishness, but what the Trump administration did was so egregiously incompetent is borders on malicious

You're absolutely right, I shouldn't have said "to be fair" but rather "for what it's worth" which obviously isn't much. If the federal government did anything right, it was putting big money behind vaccine development and manufacturing. Obviously, Pfizer went it alone successfully, but Moderna certainly benefited greatly and would otherwise not be at the stage it is currently. I know it's very popular to sh*t on the previous administration for everything (rightfully so) but I honestly feel they did get this important part right.

You're absolutely right, I shouldn't have said "to be fair" but rather "for what it's worth" which obviously isn't much. If the federal government did anything right, it was putting big money behind vaccine development and manufacturing. Obviously, Pfizer went it alone successfully, but Moderna certainly benefited greatly and would otherwise not be at the stage it is currently. I know it's very popular to sh*t on the previous administration for everything (rightfully so) but I honestly feel they did get this important part right.
Fair enough, they did the right thing funding the development of vaccines

But their nonsense with distribution massively undercut the country's capability to get vaccines into people's arms

Anti-vaxxer's (which I think use to be a small group) use to get clowned, but pretty much all of the older people in my family will not take it. When I ask why, they all know a nurse or a doctor that told them they personally were not going to take it because of the side effects and such.... I'm sitting her thinking who am I to tell them not to listen to their doctor? Also thinking can I just take their spot?... I'm pretty much last in line and I gotta listen to people that are eligible tell me they don't want it? :smh:

I'm glad to have older parents, both 65+, that are anxious to take the vaccine and already scheduled their first dose for next week. I'd be lying to tell you I'm not a little concerned about potential side effects but am hoping for the best.

I think many people will see the rare few that do experience a serious side effect and give them pause. This would be in addition to folks who were anti vaxx from a long time ago.

It's funny (not in a funny way) -- the one thing Trump administration got some credit for is operation warp speed and helping push development of a vaccine. But they have also undermined some of the benefit of the vaccine, like trading for KD and then benching him for the season.

They did this in 3 ways: 1) eroded public trust in medicine (which breeds anti-vaccine idiots), 2) no coordinated plan to roll-out the vaccine, 3) uncontrolled spread has led to increased chance of mutations. It seems like we're ok as the vaccine is still effective against the new variants, but our failure at controlling the virus over the past year (and especially this fall) means we've added a big risk here.

this thread is a year old today

Because of this plague the world is worse off then it’s ever been and so many other people will die unnecessarily or get sick and if they recover never lived a life that they did before

Last edited:
Anti-vaxxer's (which I think use to be a small group) use to get clowned, but pretty much all of the older people in my family will not take it. When I ask why, they all know a nurse or a doctor that told them they personally were not going to take it because of the side effects and such.... I'm sitting her thinking who am I to tell them not to listen to their doctor? Also thinking can I just take their spot?... I'm pretty much last in line and I gotta listen to people that are eligible tell me they don't want it? :smh:
Because of short term side effects is a terrible reason.

i have been trying to fight this fight everywhere i go.
it's exhausting. a lot of my closest homies wont even come close to taking the vaccine and it's changed the way i look at them because it's so personal and so influential in my life.
I think it might be that a lot of people don't wanna be the ones to go first. They wanna see ppl they know go ahead first and see what happens to them. They scared lol

Back
Top Bottom