Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anything is possible. Not sure how they can dismiss a case in a matter of hours. What kind of testing do they do and how long does it take to get results back?

Dr Anthony Fauci (sic) from US cNoV task force said today that because of asymptomatic characteristics, it makes it near impossible to test for until patient becomes symptomatic...all the while patient is spreading nCoV...

I'm a health care professional in NYC and this is confirmed.

The media is blowing this way outta proportion. Unless you are severely immunocompromised or immunosuppressed you guys will be fine.

I hope you're right.
I'm in Biotech. This thing is scary.
To protect Markets, media is suppressing this story.

"Coronovirus, lethal, mysterious, frightening. "Common " flu not mysterious, preventable, yet lethal anyway through ignorance"

CHINA'S HUANGGANG CITY MAYOR SAYS THERE MAY BE A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN CONFIRMED CORONAVIRUS CASES FOR CITY ON SATURDAY, SUNDAY

Last edited:
I'm a health care professional in NYC and this is confirmed.

The media is blowing this way outta proportion. Unless you are severely immunocompromised or immunosuppressed you guys will be fine.
Not for nothing ... I don't think the CDC would be causing alarm for something that's normal and people will be fine.

Is this some type of plague that you're dead within a few days , no, but it is serious.

While doctors have focused on respiratory samples from pneumonia cases to identify coronavirus patients, they might have ignored a less apparent and hidden source of the spread: diarrhea.

The novel coronavirus was detected in the loose stool of the first U.S. case -- a finding that hasn’t featured among case reports from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak. However, that doesn’t surprise scientists who have studied coronaviruses, nor doctors familiar with the bug that caused SARS.

The discovery of the Wuhan virus, dubbed 2019-nCoV, in the fecal material of the 35-year-old man treated at the Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Washington is “interesting,” said Scott Lindquist, the state epidemiologist for infectious disease at Washington’s Department of Health.
“That adds to the knowledge about this,” he told reporters on a conference call Friday. “It’s not only excreted in your respiratory secretions, it’s also secreted in your stool.”

Last edited:
i haven't been paying nearly as much as attention as I should but it has my attention now. Thanks to this thread.

Are the symptoms different than that of the flu? I'm the kind of person that gets the flu and NEVER goes to see the doctor. I stay home and ride it out. Had the flu 3 weeks ago and was out for 3 days.

This is transmitted like the regular flu? From touching to breathing/ingesting it in?

i haven't been paying nearly as much as attention as I should but it has my attention now. Thanks to this thread.

Are the symptoms different than that of the flu? I'm the kind of person that gets the flu and NEVER goes to see the doctor. I stay home and ride it out. Had the flu 3 weeks ago and was out for 3 days.

This is transmitted like the regular flu? From touching to breathing/ingesting it in?

we don’t know for sure but don’t let anyone sneeze or cough in close proximity to you, droplets can reach up to 2m away

I hope they can contain majority of it before my trip to Japan at the end of March. Seattle to Narita straight flight. I

China reports Bird Flu H5N1...deadlier than SARS but very difficult to transmit and spread.

33 yr old German national who came into contact with a woman from Shanghai survived nCoV and was back at work within 3 days. On day 1 of being symptomatic, he had sore throat and body aches. Day 2, he had a fever of 102 deg. Day 3, he was back at work. He was rechecked by doctors and they determined that he still had nCoV in his sputum and was still contagious to others.

Last edited:
I hope you're right.
I'm in Biotech. This thing is scary.
To protect Markets, media is suppressing this story.

"Coronovirus, lethal, mysterious, frightening. "Common " flu not mysterious, preventable, yet lethal anyway through ignorance"

CHINA'S HUANGGANG CITY MAYOR SAYS THERE MAY BE A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN CONFIRMED CORONAVIRUS CASES FOR CITY ON SATURDAY, SUNDAY
What do you do? I am in biotech as well, currently working in immuno-oncology, came from rare disease. I’m a stat/prog/dm person, not clinical.

No Racism...Legit ques...
Is nCoV affecting Asians harder than Caucasians? German dude was back at work, feeling fine after 3 days...whilst the Asians are literally dropping dead in the streets.

If you want to track information, I recommend these two.

I don't think that's racist but I doubt it affects a different race, differently :lol:

I doubt anyone in the US even really had it tbh.

No Racism...Legit ques...
Is nCoV affecting Asians harder than Caucasians? German dude was back at work, feeling fine after 3 days...whilst the Asians are literally dropping dead in the streets.

I mean statistically, more Chinese will die. Looking at confirmed reports, there's a 2% fatality rate (11,871 cases, 259 deaths) for China's population. The next highest country with confirmed cases is Japan with 20.

Couple this with the fact that China was ground zero, overcrowded hospitals, and the relative recency of the virus.

BREAKING:
@EsperDoD
approves request to house at military bases as many as 1,000 people arriving from overseas who may need to be quarantined due to coronavirus.

Bases: Fort Carson, Colorado
Travis Air Force Base, California
Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
Air Station Miramar, CA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom