Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
update on my anti vaxxer coworker who died from covid.
the husband (fire fighter and anti vaxxer) wants to throw a "celebration of life" party at what used to be her favorite bar
you can't make this **** up.

tenor.gif

He just wants some of their friends to join her in the after-life so that she isn't lonely. Sounds like a High Value Man to me.

I havent been on a plane in a year so I'm not aware of how it works. now. If I, and my 2 yo, are expected to wear a mask at all times I wouldn't even attempt it because it ain't gonna happen. Obviously, if you are allowed to eat on a plane then you are not required to wear a mask at all times.

Yeah, a mask on a 2 year old for the flying experience would be tough because it's not just the flight. It's check-in, going through security, waiting for the flight, deboarding, baggage claim, etc. Seems brutal, man.

i thought they stopped serving food on the continental flights or was that just temporary?
haven't flown either

Depends on the airline (I'm an American Airlines loyalist) but in Economy they give you a small package with peanuts/crackers and one of those mini-bottles of water. For international in Economy they still give you a meal and you can get drinks. In first class, whether it's domestic or international, you can get whatever you like.

Saw on the news not to get laminated
Something about the ink going bad
Just make copies of it and take a pic
As of right now there’s no specific places requiring you show your card, so it’s probably safer at home somewhere you will remember and not lose it. Plus, you’ll likely need to add boosters to that card soon enough.

How long is this arm soreness supposed to last for?

Depends on the speed they pushed the plunger in - I was told doing it slow (a 3 count) makes it ache less - it’s not about pain at the time - that’s more about how hard you push the needle in (and I do that fairly gently with their arm relaxed too).

Some folks I work with just jab it in and then hammer the plunger - and I bet their subjects have more arm pain than mine!

Day or two for most even if you just bash it in though.

Depends on the speed they pushed the plunger in - I was told doing it slow (a 3 count) makes it ache less - it’s not about pain at the time - that’s more about how hard you push the needle in (and I do that fairly gently with their arm relaxed too).

Some folks I work with just jab it in and then hammer the plunger - and I bet their subjects have more arm pain than mine!

Day or two for most even if you just bash it in though.

Is it standard procedure to pull the plunger back ("aspirate") first to make sure they aren’t in a blood vessel? I know there was some discussion around this for abnormal blood clotting following vaccination.

Last edited:
I hope they find something more legitimate for proof than those cards. I can easily grab a bunch and start selling them for $200 a card with fake dates and lot numbers.

I hope it’s not just a flash your card and you’re in type thing once venues start opening up more.

I want these digital vaccine passports to become a thing. Will it create two classes of citizens? Yes, the idiots vs the people who understand the dire need for this. Got into a debate with a maga at work as he doesn’t want to take the vaccine. Told him that he better postpone that trip to Europe he wanted because no European country will let him in without verification in the future :lol:

Is it standard procedure to pull the plunger back (I know there’s a name for this, but I can’t remember) first to make sure they aren’t in a blood vessel? I know there was some discussion around this for abnormal blood clotting following vaccination.

I wasn’t taught that - you just find the bone at the top of the shoulder then move down a couple of inches then put the needle in the muscle there.

I think that that technique is used to verify that you have hit a blood vessel when that’s what you’re trying to do - but my only experience of that is my own ER trip a few years ago and I wasn’t in great shape so can’t remember much...

I hope they find something more legitimate for proof than those cards. I can easily grab a bunch and start selling them for $200 a card with fake dates and lot numbers.

I hope it’s not just a flash your card and you’re in type thing once venues start opening up more.

IDK, man.....do you think the average bouncer/usher/ticket taker/ID checker will be able to do more than just look at a flash card? Seems like something they would need to be trained in if fakes become an issue. Sometimes they have a difficult time with state IDs they've seen thousands of. I'd imagine that a piece of paper they're not well-versed in would be a challenge.

Yea I never pull the plunger back after I inject. Slow injection technique works from what i hear in terms of pain instead of just jamming it in.

IDK, man.....do you think the average bouncer/usher/ticket taker/ID checker will be able to do more than just look at a flash card? Seems like something they would need to be trained in if fakes become an issue. Sometimes they have a difficult time with state IDs they've seen thousands of. I'd imagine that a piece of paper they're not well-versed in would be a challenge.

For sure they won’t. I don’t think itll come to that, but maybe a barcode u can scan that comes from the states vaccine database would be better than just a card. I literally have a stack of these and unless you show proof off appointment email not really a fan of the card being full proof.

I want these digital vaccine passports to become a thing. Will it create two classes of citizens? Yes, the idiots vs the people who understand the dire need for this. Got into a debate with a maga at work as he doesn’t want to take the vaccine. Told him that he better postpone that trip to Europe he wanted because no European country will let him in without verification in the future :lol:

Is he anti-test too? I was in Spain a few weeks ago (coming from the US) and the current protocol is just that you need a negative test within 72 hours of our departure. I know a few of my colleagues said they're going to start a digital vaccination passport or something within the EU but will they expand that to US travelers? Is it even a given they'll for sure open up borders to Americans by the summer?

For sure they won’t. I don’t think itll come to that, but maybe a barcode u can scan that comes from the states vaccine database would be better than just a card. I literally have a stack of these and unless you show proof off appointment email not really a fan of the card being full proof.

im glad you brought up the point about how "legit" the card could be cause to me it seems like anyone could just find a way to grab a stack and fake them like you mentioned

but is there an actual database or some sort that is actually keeping track of everyone who is getting vaccinated? personally for me it seems like something that each state can implement on a person's personal ID card if we gotta get to the point of vaccine passports/legitimizing people being truly vaccinated

Yea I never pull the plunger back after I inject. Slow injection technique works from what i hear in terms of pain instead of just jamming it in.

To be clear, I'm talking about pulling the plunger back (aspirate) after inserting the needle, but before injecting the vaccine. If you're in a blood vessel you'll see some blood when you aspirate, indicating you need to try a different spot. It can only happen in very rare instances, but the discussion was about trying to avoid those rare clotting complications.
Here's a video that discusses in greater detail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom