Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nearly 27 hours after this second Pfizer shot, and I feel terrible. Getting up and walking around is a bit difficult, and I go back and forth between a headache and feeling lightheaded. Remaining hydrated isn't helping much. The arm soreness is very manageable, though. I'm unsure if this is something that was brewing a few days prior, or if it's directly correlated with the shot. I just want to sleep all day.

Nearly 27 hours after this second Pfizer shot, and I feel terrible. Getting up and walking around is a bit difficult, and I feel lightheaded. Staying hydrated isn't helping much. The arm soreness is very manageable, though. I'm unsure if this is something that was brewing a few days prior, or if it's directly correlated to the shot. I just want to sleep all day.

Take some extra strength Tylenol and get some sleep if you can. I had it rough the day after dose 2, but my wife brushed it off and looked at me like I was faking it.

Nearly 27 hours after this second Pfizer shot, and I feel terrible. Getting up and walking around is a bit difficult, and I go back and forth between a headache and feeling lightheaded. Remaining hydrated isn't helping much. The arm soreness is very manageable, though. I'm unsure if this is something that was brewing a few days prior, or if it's directly correlated with the shot. I just want to sleep all day.

the second shot of my moderna had me out for 2 full days and day 3 i could live but still felt bad. It took me about 5 days to feel back to myself. The arm sorness was pretty bad for 1 day that was it. Couldn't sleep on that side basically the first night...while i was sweating and feeling like absolute death

Some of you guys had it bad.

I had a high fever for a day after my second shot, and almost everything went away after that right away (except for the soreness which took 3-4 days)

Yeah about a day after my second dose I felt like I got hit by a bus or something and my whole body was sore.

Took 2 Advil and was back to normal by the next day.

Did you take anything for the symptoms?

Yeah about a day after my second dose I felt like I got hit by a bus or something and my whole body was sore.

Took 2 Advil and was back to normal by the next day.

Did you take anything for the symptoms?

I actually just took an Aleve a few minutes ago. My local pharmacy was out of Tylenol, thus I went with what I thought was the next best option. I'll take another in 8 hours, drink 3-4L water over the next 24 hours and see how it goes.

Props for the suggestions, y'all.

Last edited:
Here's my question: Are all vaccines the up to the individual to take? Aren't some vaccines mandatory once you're born? and the others that follow months/years later? Aren't some mandatory to register your child for school/college etc. then why can't we just add this one to the list? Is it because it's not FDA approved yet?
This approval needs to get warped sped up because it's a big arguement for vaxx hesitant people. Non approval makes it sound like our own government administrations don't trust it

If I had to guess most people who have resisted thus far will fall in line. When push comes to shove, most of these folks are cowards and all talk. Put some $$ on the line and people shut up real quick. But yeah, there will def be some people who “resist” and either lose a job or opt to be tested daily/weekly/etc.

If/when this goes into effect I really hope I’m at work that day. Can’t wait to see these diehard MAGA clowns freak out. :lol: :lol:
Exactly. Guaranteed we'll reach 70%+ if they require mandatory vaccines at all work places. Most people don't even have the courage to ask for a raise let alone talk to their boss. You think they'll have the will to argue against getting vaccinated if their jobs required it?

I just placed an order for some more masks today. Despite being vaccinated I still caught it. And while my illness was not severe, I'd rather not have Covid or have missed work or missed birthday plans or feel like crap the last week and a half.

Mask back on for me baby
Are symptoms worse for you the second time around or were they worse the first time?
Get well soon bro

Here's my question: Are all vaccines the up to the individual to take? Aren't some vaccines mandatory once you're born? and the others that follow months/years later? Aren't some mandatory to register your child for school/college etc. then why can't we just add this one to the list? Is it because it's not FDA approved yet?
This approval needs to get warped sped up because it's a big arguement for vaxx hesitant people. Non approval makes it sound like our own government administrations don't trust it

Exactly. Guaranteed we'll reach 70%+ if they require mandatory vaccines at all work places. Most people don't even have the courage to ask for a raise let alone talk to their boss. You think they'll have the will to argue against getting vaccinated if their jobs required it?

they should be mandatory especially at birth but they're (legally) not. the vast majority of new parents accept them but with the rise of anti-vax idiots theres been more and more rejecting any kind of shots for their babies. its legally their right no matter how stupid it is. there's a recommended vaccine schedule of a bunch of different shots for newborns up to 18 years old for a lot of different preventable diseases but unfortunately these people have brought measles byke.

sad story: when you're born you dont have a strong enough system to clot/prevent bleeding so everyone gets a Vitamin K shot. Babies' blood vessels are more fragile as well. I read that one parent rejected it against medical advice (and sound logic) and the child ended up hemorrhaging and bleeding to death. :smh:

not the same story but heres an article from 2013 that explains it https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles...cle_2f3f8317-6d00-5998-ad17-3e50cb21f254.html

as for school they're required but you can get exemptions and folks exploit this. they don't have to enroll your kid they can go to some school for children with insane parents or be home schooled. AFAIK colleges (at least mine did public in CA) do have the same requirements and a lot of them now are pushing for COVID vaccine being mandatory to be on campus/in class.

I've taken a bunch of mandatory vaccines over the years, no choice. Either it just being a baby, school admission, traveling, college etc. Never have I seen death en masse for the things i've been vaccinated against like this though, wasn't even a question if i'd take it.

When my son was first born and getting vaccines all the time I remember asking his pediatrician why they give kids so many shots for diseases that we hardly even hear about anymore and she patiently explained to my dumazz that the vaccines are the REASON WHY we don't have to worry about those diseases anymore. It was a really short conversation.

for anyone thats gotten it that has already been vaccinated how long has it lasted? curious on a timeline to when ill kick this thing

Dang some of yall getting hit hard by the vaccibe. I was fortunate to not feel anything. I was waiting waiting waiting and when I woke up the next day I was fine. Was honestly surprised.

December 2019 I got really sick, I worked high end retail and a lot of Asian clients, this when Covid was mainly in Asia still, I think it started being a thing Oct-Nov cant remember. I kinda suspected it may have been covid but doubt it cause I never lost my sense my smell or taste and I met with 2 people and they didnt get sick. Anyways, I got super sick, never felt that weak before and I coudnt speak a sentence without coughing a bunch of times. Had the chills bad, though never gad a bad fever. Just theraflu’d it up and was better within 4-5 days. I was really bad for maybe 2 days. I remember going to the store to get soup and felt like I was just gonna pass out at any second.

they should be mandatory especially at birth but they're (legally) not. the vast majority of new parents accept them but with the rise of anti-vax idiots theres been more and more rejecting any kind of shots for their babies. its legally their right no matter how stupid it is. there's a recommended vaccine schedule of a bunch of different shots for newborns up to 18 years old for a lot of different preventable diseases but unfortunately these people have brought measles byke.

sad story: when you're born you dont have a strong enough system to clot/prevent bleeding so everyone gets a Vitamin K shot. Babies' blood vessels are more fragile as well. I read that one parent rejected it against medical advice (and sound logic) and the child ended up hemorrhaging and bleeding to death. :smh:

not the same story but heres an article from 2013 that explains it https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles...cle_2f3f8317-6d00-5998-ad17-3e50cb21f254.html

as for school they're required but you can get exemptions and folks exploit this. they don't have to enroll your kid they can go to some school for children with insane parents or be home schooled. AFAIK colleges (at least mine did public in CA) do have the same requirements and a lot of them now are pushing for COVID vaccine being mandatory to be on campus/in class.
Yeah even if required as mandatory at workplaces, people will find a way to exploit this. I know someone who got a doctors excuse that exempted them form getting th vaxx for work when all they had was an allergic reaction to penecilin some time ago. Doctors won't even argue it they'll be givong exemption letters left and right.

Whether the coronavirus evolves more deadly variants is totally in our hands. If the number of infections remains high, it’s going to continue to evolve. By failing to contain the virus through vaccination, wearing masks and avoiding crowds, people are allowing the coronavirus to morph into increasingly dangerous forms. It’s getting better, and we’re making it better. Having half the population vaccinated and half unvaccinated and unprotected — that is the exact experiment I would design if I were a devil and trying to design a vaccine-busting virus.

Whether the coronavirus evolves more deadly variants is totally in our hands. If the number of infections remains high, it’s going to continue to evolve. By failing to contain the virus through vaccination, wearing masks and avoiding crowds, people are allowing the coronavirus to morph into increasingly dangerous forms. It’s getting better, and we’re making it better. Having half the population vaccinated and half unvaccinated and unprotected — that is the exact experiment I would design if I were a devil and trying to design a vaccine-busting virus.

this is the blueprint for viruses to evolve resistances. vaccinated folks with some unlucky people who get a breakthrough infection/new variant/random mutation that allows for survival after vaccination. then the unvaccinated people catch it and it blows up and bam you got a brand new virus that your fancy vaccine no longer blocks. Extremely accelerated natural selection. similar concept as antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Yeah even if required as mandatory at workplaces, people will find a way to exploit this. I know someone who got a doctors excuse that exempted them form getting th vaxx for work when all they had was an allergic reaction to penecilin some time ago. Doctors won't even argue it they'll be givong exemption letters left and right.

But even then still........making it mandatory will at least reduce the number of "fence-sitting" unvaccinated folk significantly. Even amount the people that will try to BS their way with a doctor's excuse note/report that stretches the truth will not be that high in number, since even that is hard to pull off "in mass quantities" on a legal basis.

They really need to quit worrying about the "FREEDUMS" thing and just make it mandatory all-around, especially in workplaces.........any folk that disagrees can lose their job and worry about not having money/ability to pay their bills instead of having to worry about "losing their freedums" to that vaccine or facemask.

What symptoms were you experiencing? I have not gotten any but I suspect that will change.

Fatigue mostly. Some congestion, sore throat, watery eyes, basically amped up allergies... the fatigue was real though. I got winded doing laundry, walking up stairs, and had to stop mid sentence to catch my breath. Nausea too... that was pretty rough. Body aches too.

About 10 days since I first felt symptomatic and I feel a little better today. I go back to work tomorrow and I haven't felt too winded today and I had a pretty regular "day off" kind of day. So hopefully that means I'm getting back to 100%.

It’s my understanding that they vaccinated whole classes of kids at school for Polio. Wasn’t even an option like today’s entitled snowflakes.
School probably was the only place many kids could get the vaccine, and at a time when healthcare was not a given and with people needing to be able bodied to earn a living, I can imagine that the prospect of becoming permanently disabled from polio was terrifying enough for people to get vaccinated.

It should also be noted that Americans had a very different view of government at the time: up until the 1960s/70s, the majority of Americans thought that the government had an important role to play in public matters such as health. The resistance to vaccines is rooted in anti-government rhetoric, and that's the result of 40 years of right-wing propaganda. It's no wonder they are the ones filling up the ICUs right now, despite a medical solution being available.

If the cdc is now saying vaccinated people carry just as much virus as unvaccinated then there really is no end in sight. More and more evidence is showing that breakthrough infections are not really rare. It almost seems like most vaccinated people do get infected enough to have symptoms. Hopefully we know more how many carry the ability to infect.

Back
Top Bottom