Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If NYC is giving people $100 to get the vaccine, I want $80 for the eventual booster shot.

This part is interesting “The vaccine is best at preventing serious disease, hospitalizations and death, but not infections per se,” said Peter Chin-Hong, an infectious disease expert with UCSF. “The vaccine was never really great at preventing infection.”
Kind of funny that that’s not what they were saying before including him. They all said the vaccine was the way out of this thing.

That article is really good and hits all the main points I've been saying for a while: Vaccination does not stop the virus from getting into your mucous membranes, but it will help prevent serious illness in the majority of people, with the exception being the frail elderly and immune compromised. If surveillance is good, you will pick up many asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic cases among vaccinated individuals. Until we start seeing a higher proportion of vaccinated people getting hospitalized and dying it's proof that the vaccines are working, since the US is basically 50/50 vaccinated/not and right now it's being reported that a high proportion (90%+) of people being hospitalized are unvaccinated, and nearly all of those dying have not been vaccinated. There are some geniuses who will continue to doubt the data they are seeing, and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. But unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, vaccines (and prior infection, to be fair) are preventing hospitalizations and death.

With the BNT162b2 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 93.7% (95% CI, 91.6 to 95.3) among persons with the alpha variant and 88.0% (95% CI, 85.3 to 90.1) among those with the delta variant. With the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 74.5% (95% CI, 68.4 to 79.4) among persons with the alpha variant and 67.0% (95% CI, 61.3 to 71.8) among those with the delta variant.

CONCLUSIONS
Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses.

Effective at what though? Preventing serious disease is what it looks like. If the virus is still going to spread, vaccinated or not, then there is a good amount of people that will get bad symptoms often. Those that can’t get the vaccine basically are a ticking time bomb.

With the BNT162b2 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 93.7% (95% CI, 91.6 to 95.3) among persons with the alpha variant and 88.0% (95% CI, 85.3 to 90.1) among those with the delta variant. With the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 74.5% (95% CI, 68.4 to 79.4) among persons with the alpha variant and 67.0% (95% CI, 61.3 to 71.8) among those with the delta variant.

CONCLUSIONS
Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses.

And that's partly what I mean - that is great info but some idiots will take the last part and say that if it's only 2/3 effective at preventing me getting the virus I'll not take it because I'm young/rich/whatever and I know 10,000 people who went deaf after having the vaccine...

Like I said, you have to know how to read these things - you do, the Republican hordes don't.

it's funny because anti vaxxers use the money as an excuse to not get the shot. "if it's so good, why do they have to pay me to get it?"

if they started charging $1000 to get the vaccine, these people would camp out to get it.
Some people need to be put to sleep instead. There's definitely a few million who refuse the vaccine just because they're being told to take it. I hate being told what to do as well but know when to stop acting like a child.

Today is a complete 180 from yesterday. I'm essentially 100 percent back to what I was before the second Pfizer shot. It's interesting because I had nothing but arm soreness after the first dose.

Has anyone travelled during this pandemic? I have a flight on August 11; 12 hours in a mask will be rough.

Today is a complete 180 from yesterday. I'm essentially 100 percent back to what I was before the second Pfizer shot. It's interesting because I had nothing but arm soreness after the first dose.

Has anyone travelled during this pandemic? I have a flight on August 11; 12 hours in a mask will be rough.

Traveled a couple months ago to LA, planes were pretty packed though going there I had the whole row to myself and I think every other row was taken up. :lol:

Going back home it was fully packed, had an aisle seat. Everyone was masked with the occasional under the nose thing. Just mask up, double mask if you have to.

interesting chart

88EEFF2F-3866-47A1-AABF-28E9AE896544.jpeg

Brooklyn is up to a 2.45% positive rate. I still remember when the city said they would close schools at 3%. My kid is not quite 10, so hoping the under 12 vaccine can be approved somewhere in the fall. It really feels like this will never end at this point.

I doubt the new $100 vaccine bribe is going to motivate someone who is willing to bet their LIFE that it isn’t necessary.

Brooklyn is up to a 2.45% positive rate. I still remember when the city said they would close schools at 3%. My kid is not quite 10, so hoping the under 12 vaccine can be approved somewhere in the fall. It really feels like this will never end at this point.

I doubt the new $100 vaccine bribe is going to motivate someone who is willing to bet their LIFE that it isn’t necessary.

My county is over 7% positivity now and the schools are getting ready for the school year acting like everything is under control...
68e75cd8cb5e82426d77ad57d52b1e13.gif

lets face it this plage will never end

It’s not going to end. Experts have been saying for a while it’s here to stay. The question is how long it will take for everyone to normalize the virus. For now it seems like a lot of people freak out when numbers rise. At some point you have to only worry about the ones in the hospital. I also don’t buy immunity. It seems like reinfection is happing far more widely than experts have predicted. Our case numbers back to where they were last year. You can’t tell me all 0f these people unvaccinated followed protocols last year.

Back
Top Bottom