Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Parents who are planning on buying good masks for your kids before school starts might want to get on it. I was showing my sister in law where I buy my kids' KF94 masks and noticed that several brands are currently sold out in size small. Thankfully 2 of my favorites (BOTN and Blue) are still in stock. PM if you have any questions.

Welp some of the items are showing Pre-Order.....I notice smaller size are OOS. Adult size L still available on some brand. Dang.....I hope my stocks are enough until end of year if I really push it.

Welp some of the items are showing Pre-Order.....I notice smaller size are OOS. Adult size L still available on some brand. Dang.....I hope my stocks are enough until end of year if I really push it.

I'm sure they'll restock quickly, but back to school in the face of Delta obviously has parents looking for higher quality masks, which is a good thing. Really happy I've got enough to last until winter break, but the way things are looking we could be back on distance learning any day...
Apparently our school called an emergency staff meeting this afternoon to discuss the outbreak this week (that parents have still not been informed about) and the principal specifically said if there are any more cases we will have to go back to distance learning. Plenty of parents will be upset, but I might get what I wanted all along!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm sure they'll restock quickly, but back to school in the face of Delta obviously has parents looking for higher quality masks, which is a good thing. Really happy I've got enough to last until winter break, but the way things are looking we could be back on distance learning any day...
Apparently our school called an emergency staff meeting this afternoon to discuss the outbreak this week (that parents have still not been informed about) and the principal specifically said if there are any more cases we will have to go back to distance learning. Plenty of parents will be upset, but I might get what I wanted all along!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I have no doubt that it will be remote learning here in NY next month. Of course it’s inconvenient, but I’ve seen enough “no space in the pediatric icus” articles to know which way the wind is blowing.

Another welp.....my wife's workplace got an outbreak. Mostly everyone has to take rapid test on the spot. More and more employees call in sick and are positive. One of my wife's employee is positive too. He's a white-middle-age-man who's anti-vax, always wear mask under nose, and a strong christian belief.

Odd question. With the 3rd shot approved for those with weak immune systems; isn't it a solid assumption that if you catch covid or are in the hospital, that you have a weak(ER) immune system?

Some dummy let their kid go to my cousins school so school is out and my cousin has to quarantine and miss an important sports game. She’s upset.

My girl has been sick for the past few days. Covid test came back positive. Haven’t seen her since Sunday but I’m gonna get a test tomorrow.

**** is pissing me off

Odd question. With the 3rd shot approved for those with weak immune systems; isn't it a solid assumption that if you catch covid or are in the hospital, that you have a weak(ER) immune system?

Not necessarily. The weaker system is only for particular cases. Called my county health commission who did the vaccines earlier this year. They heard about the 3rd shot but won't get it out for a few weeks yet, once they know how it's gonna be handled. I'm a transplant patient (liver) and will get it as soon as they post the info saying it's available.

They require proof of need, so my transplant letter works he said. But just because some people catch it doesn't mean they automatically have a week immune system. I have no immune system since I take the meds to turn it off.

05fordgt 05fordgt it makes sense in your situation, and pretty much anyone above 65 with any sort of compromised ability/condition.
What the news likes to highlight are those cases where seemingly healthy people drop dead from this. Maybe we should be demanding full scope physicals along with these shots. I guess what I'm saying is; something is making them.immune compromised as an undiagnosed issue. It feels like a third booster for all is coming soon, but they want to phase it out slower?

Tldr. Many don't know or realize their immune system is junk until they're basically near death. I guess the third shot for now is for those obvious cases and not the hypotheticals.

05fordgt 05fordgt it makes sense in your situation, and pretty much anyone above 65 with any sort of compromised ability/condition.
What the news likes to highlight are those cases where seemingly healthy people drop dead from this. Maybe we should be demanding full scope physicals along with these shots. I guess what I'm saying is; something is making them.immune compromised as an undiagnosed issue. It feels like a third booster for all is coming soon, but they want to phase it out slower?

Tldr. Many don't know or realize their immune system is junk until they're basically near death. I guess the third shot for now is for those obvious cases and not the hypotheticals.

it could be that some of these people are in the "he/she seemed perfectly healthy" because they haven't been to the doctor in years, while in reality they're pre-diabetic, pre-hypertensive, cholesterol slightly elevated, BMI overweight, etc. Obesity or diabetes has been shown to negatively affect your immune system.

it could be that some of these people are in the "he/she seemed perfectly healthy" because they haven't been to the doctor in years, while in reality they're pre-diabetic, pre-hypertensive, cholesterol slightly elevated, BMI overweight, etc. Obesity or diabetes has been shown to negatively affect your immune system.
True. But it's also the hidden tumors or growths. I've sadly known many who had brain aneurysms without a single symptom. Our health care system overall is a fraud. Yearly physicals and screenings should be required in the most basic sense. I think the USA likes being where we are health wise (obese beyond regular means).

The 45 year old long distance runner is also at risk for random diagnosises. It's crazy our there. Covid makes it all more fragile

I'm surprised there aren't overall studies yet on what type of person is most compromised for covid.

Sad. This happened last year and no one there has learned

Wouldn't they start to pull the plug on covid patients first? One bad accident and I think if they're vaccinated, they get priority?

What are they actually doing? Covid should be last priority at this point. You had your chance

True. But it's also the hidden tumors or growths. I've sadly known many who had brain aneurysms without a single symptom. Our health care system overall is a fraud. Yearly physicals and screenings should be required in the most basic sense. I think the USA likes being where we are health wise (obese beyond regular means).

The 45 year old long distance runner is also at risk for random diagnosises. It's crazy our there. Covid makes it all more fragile

I'm surprised there aren't overall studies yet on what type of person is most compromised for covid.

totally agreed. Lot of folks without insurance or don’t know how to get it, or those who do just straight up ignore their health.

as for studies, I’m sure in the next few years when things settle down (hopefully they do) then you can bet tons of epidemiological studies and case reports of this will come out

Back
Top Bottom