Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

The 3 collage option wouldn't give me an even me enough space to fit the stuff eveningly.
IMG_0625.JPG

Remember Sweden last year? A lot of covid deniers were peddling some b.s. about how Sweden was fully open (it was not) and not having much difficulty with covid (they were), so thus restrictions and lockdowns were unnecessary, they argued...

I checked the numbers just now. Sweden: 14,600 covid deaths (10 million population). Norway: 800 covid deaths (5 million population)

• U.S. experts are expected to recommend Covid-19 vaccine boosters for all Americans, regardless of age, eight months after they received their second dose for lasting protection against the virus.
  • Federal health officials have been actively looking at whether extra shots for the vaccinated would be needed as early as this fall, reviewing case numbers in the U.S. and Israel.
  • Among the first to receive them could be health care workers, nursing home residents and other older Americans, who were among the first Americans to be vaccinated.

• Per CNBC which reported per AP

Last edited:

Vaccination is required for all NFL coaches, front-office executives, equipment managers and scouts. Players are not required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, per an agreement with the NFLPA, but those who do not face stricter protocols during training camp and throughout the season -- such as daily testing, mask wearing and travel restrictions -- that vaccinated players are able to forgo.

given this new information, I vote for a moratorium on Falcons choke jokes from now through February.

I hope the falcons keep up with standard safety measures still. 100% vaccinated isn’t perfection. Will they still be subject to testing?

Anyone living in a current hot zone? Are people’s attitudes changing? Are placing changing their hours or capacity limits? Or generally business as usual?

• U.S. experts are expected to recommend Covid-19 vaccine boosters for all Americans, regardless of age, eight months after they received their second dose for lasting protection against the virus.
  • Federal health officials have been actively looking at whether extra shots for the vaccinated would be needed as early as this fall, reviewing case numbers in the U.S. and Israel.
  • Among the first to receive them could be health care workers, nursing home residents and other older Americans, who were among the first Americans to be vaccinated.

• Per CNBC which reported per AP

I hope the falcons keep up with standard safety measures still. 100% vaccinated isn’t perfection. Will they still be subject to testing?

Anyone living in a current hot zone? Are people’s attitudes changing? Are placing changing their hours or capacity limits? Or generally business as usual?

I'm totally with you, actually sad that it's even news but you gotta take what you can get out of this cluster****.

as for whether I'm living in a hot zone at the moment:

1629209935780.png

hell *** no people's attitudes aren't changing...it's #hotvaxsummer...the Phils are in 1st, and Made in America is next month!

oh yeah, and school or whatever.

this is fine.

Desantis gonna swoop in and take all these school faculty members homes, 401k, golden apple awards away if they think they are going to mask up. :rolleyes

So my friend texted me and said he was informed by the company he works for that he has until 9/30 to be fully vaccinated or he will be laid off. He states he's not anti-vaxx but has hesitancy about the vaccine and doesn't have a strong enough religious/health reason to not get it. He has to get his first shot by tomorrow in order to be fully vaccinated by 9/30.

At this point, I'm like, aren't you not worried about your daughter's well-being? She tested positive when he and his wife got COVID but didn't get any sever symptoms. Also you work for a major bio-med company and your wife is a nurse. How is there doubt about the vaccine? And even if he decided to not get the vaccine and get laid off, what are the chances that all the other major companies go the route of requiring a vaccination for employment?

It's frustrating that he's in this situation, when he clearly doesn't have to be. But it is what it is.

So my friend texted me and said he was informed by the company he works for that he has until 9/30 to be fully vaccinated or he will be laid off. He states he's not anti-vaxx but has hesitancy about the vaccine and doesn't have a strong enough religious/health reason to not get it. He has to get his first shot by tomorrow in order to be fully vaccinated by 9/30.

At this point, I'm like, aren't you not worried about your daughter's well-being? She tested positive when he and his wife got COVID but didn't get any sever symptoms. Also you work for a major bio-med company and your wife is a nurse. How is there doubt about the vaccine? And even if he decided to not get the vaccine and get laid off, what are the chances that all the other major companies go the route of requiring a vaccination for employment?

It's frustrating that he's in this situation, when he clearly doesn't have to be. But it is what it is.

This is just the start of vaccine mandates and I really hope it starts to get people off their a** who are sitting on the sidelines unnecessarily for dumb reasons. I really feel like there's a significant amount of people who aren't necessarily opposed, but also aren't excited about getting vaccinated whether it's their fear of needles, distrust of western medicine, or whatever. These people will only get vaccinated once being unvaccinated starts to impact their daily lives, whether it's a mandate from their employer, favorite restaurant, theme park, airline, THE RAIDERS!, etc. These people are just in denial and think the pandemic will magically go away instead of doing something proactive to help the situation, so it's about time they feel the urgency the rest of us felt long ago.

I'm just glad institutions are stepping up and making people chose a side. Just praying something will shift in a similar fashion and force my mom to get it soon.

A part of me just wants to call him and be like "just get the damn shot and protect your kid and our kids when we get together". But he's an adult and he's going to have to live with his decision. I hope the decision he does make is truly what's best for him and his family.

A part of me just wants to call him and be like "just get the damn shot and protect your kid and our kids when we get together". But he's an adult and he's going to have to live with his decision. I hope the decision he does make is truly what's best for him and his family.
If it's a close enough friend, tell him that. If it's just an acquaintance, tell him to secure the bag. If it's just some dude...yeah, let him do him.

Lots of good reasons to express to loved ones as to why they should just get the damn shot without seeming like you're talking down to them.

Back
Top Bottom