Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m just trying to grasp this mindset some have. My area still has indoor mask mandates (who knows if they are working as we’ve had our own surges as other states did nothing but that’s besides the point). Rules are rules, as they say. 98 people will have a mask on and do their shopping just fine. But there’s always that one or two people who don’t. What goes through their mind? Wear the mask for 20 minutes and get on with your life. I could see if it’s a 50-50 split but it’s not. Lately it’s trending towards the older population who already look sickly.
61oZwvhMz7L._AC_UX385_.jpg

because FREEDOM and HOAX and WITCH HUNT

people just that selfish/stupid

edit: but without these people, r/HermanCainAward wouldn't exist...

None of these precautions are working.

Let’s not pretend the infected scientists didn’t just come from South Africa though. It’s not like COVID magically appeared in remote Antarctica without any outside contact. Even PCR tests aren’t perfect and without strict quarantine after arrival one positive case can easily infect others while presymptomatic or asymptomatic. If precautions were really followed as they claim, the risk is low, but not zero.

Let’s not pretend the infected scientists didn’t just come from South Africa though. It’s not like COVID magically appeared in remote Antarctica without any outside contact. Even PCR tests aren’t perfect and without strict quarantine after arrival one positive case can easily infect others while presymptomatic or asymptomatic. If precautions were really followed as they claim, the risk is low, but not zero.
Two thirds of the staff based at Belgium’s Princess Elisabeth Polar Station have caught the Omicron variant, according to Le Soir newspaper. All staff passed multiple PCR tests, quarantining, and being fully vaccinated with one having received a booster shot.

Before leaving for the station, they had a PCR test two hours prior to a flight to South Africa.

In South Africa they then quarantined for ten days before taking another PCR test.

They were also tested before leaving Cape Town for Antarctica and also a final one five days after arrival.

Two thirds of the staff based at Belgium’s Princess Elisabeth Polar Station have caught the Omicron variant, according to Le Soir newspaper. All staff passed multiple PCR tests, quarantining, and being fully vaccinated with one having received a booster shot.

Before leaving for the station, they had a PCR test two hours prior to a flight to South Africa.

In South Africa they then quarantined for ten days before taking another PCR test.

They were also tested before leaving Cape Town for Antarctica and also a final one five days after arrival.
I know all that. They should have quarantined upon arrival in Antarctica. Just because they were PCR negative 2 hours before the flight doesn’t mean they couldn’t catch it at some point afterward, on the flight, etc.

Last edited:
You're gonna catch Covid. Just accept that. You can double booster, triple booster, lock yourself in a bulletproof room, etc it doesn't matter. Unless you don't plan to leave your house for the next few years you're gonna catch it. It's basically inevitable at this point.

So I was vaccinated with Pfizer and wasn't eligible for a booster yet since I got vaccinated less than 2 months ago. Caught Covid this past week but haven't gotten a PCR to specify which version I have. Symptoms were mild basically the entire week (sore throat and some light congestion) but then I lost sense of smell and taste. Does that mean I have delta and not omicron since it's not common to lose taste/smell with omicron? I've been isolating for the past week and don't wanna stand in a 3 hour testing line just to verify which strain I have.

So I was vaccinated with Pfizer and wasn't eligible for a booster yet since I got vaccinated less than 2 months ago. Caught Covid this past week but haven't gotten a PCR to specify which version I have. Symptoms were mild basically the entire week (sore throat and some light congestion) but then I lost sense of smell and taste. Does that mean I have delta and not omicron since it's not common to lose taste/smell with omicron? I've been isolating for the past week and don't wanna stand in a 3 hour testing line just to verify which strain I have.
PCR doesn’t tell you which variant. That’s genomic testing and the infected individual isn’t informed if their sample is selected.

Tested positive yesterday and my god. Body aches, my taste has come and gone, pain in my forearm. Fatigue.

I was with someone who had just left the testing site and we went to get soup. I get home she tested me that she came back positive and then sook after that’s when I started feeling it

Wow

Back
Top Bottom