Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got a positive rapid test yesterday after coming back from Florida
Waiting for PCR results
Symptoms: sore throat + runny nose/congestion

In self-quarantine in the family basement now
No shower/bathtub down here, so I'm gonna toughen it out

Welp I came back from Florida on Saturday and I took a rapid test today and tested positive. Moderna ^3 power for me.

Only cold like symptoms with a runny nose. Thankfully I’m working from home anyway.

Omarion don't miss

Stunting on this thread right now like...
yeet-shooting.gif

first day back at my son’s school. they random tested some of the students. 2/269 elementary school kids tested positive. 6/508 kids from 7th to 12th grade tested positive. that actually seemed really high to me for a random sampling of people presumptively negative.

started feeling real scratchy in the throat so i took another test and swabbed my throat then swabbed my nose. that was not fun. results were negative.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get an at home test in SoCal? My GF developed a cough yesterday and has some fatigue but can’t I book her a test anywhere. **** is ridiculous right now

Before last night, DCPS Teachers were expected to go to their school to pickup the Rapid Tests. (Each school has a limited number based on the # of teachers that work there)
Snow hit the area and folks are unable to move around so then we were told we could go to ANY DCPS to pickup tests.
I have 2 schools within a 5 minute walk of my house. If I didn't, I just wouldn't have gotten a test because I damn sure wasn't driving ANYWHERE in these conditions.
I walked down the street and got a test. (Nobody asked me for proof of employment :lol:)
I took the test home and produced a negative result.
Attempted to upload my result and the site is down. :lol:

One of our IT contractors tested positive yesterday. He said his symptoms were scratchy throat, body aches, some light congestion and fatigue, but no headache, fever, or loss of taste/smell. He said they called and told him his sample was selected for genomic sequencing and he's got Delta. Never heard of that before. Any of you who have had COVID been told what variant?

So, we (teachers and students) were all supposed to have uploaded a negative test result to be able to come back to school WEDNESDAY.
The snows pushed everything back 1 day, so the new open day is Thursday.
We are supposed to get more snows THursday night.
Also, all people (students/teachers) that HAVEN'T produced a negative test will be rapid tested on the spot.
I am fully expecting a few hundred kids having to go through this.
I can't expect any teaching will take place Thursday morning.

I might just call out and see these folks Monday.

Anyone know where I can get an at home test in SoCal? My GF developed a cough yesterday and has some fatigue but can’t I book her a test anywhere. **** is ridiculous right now

try searching around 7-9pm. I was able to get a test last wednesday morning (7:30am) the tuesday night before (8:30pm)

Got my results from a sample on 1/2 and I’m still testing positive. So 12/28, 12/30, and 1/2 have all been positive. Feel 100% fine but took another PCR test today. Been testing positive for like a week now.
Do you need a negative PCR for some reason or just peace of mind? PCR detects viral particles whether they are active/infectious or not. You can technically test positive on PCR long after your infectious period has passed because you will continue shedding inactive viral particles that are in your system. This is why many experts such as Michael Mina feel that rapid antigen tests are a more accurate way of determining if someone is CURRENTLY infectious. However, PCR will pick up the virus sooner indicating that you should isolate before infecting others.

Do you need a negative PCR for some reason or just peace of mind? PCR detects viral particles whether they are active/infectious or not. You can technically test positive on PCR long after your infectious period has passed because you will continue shedding inactive viral particles that are in your system. This is why many experts such as Michael Mina feel that rapid antigen tests are a more accurate way of determining if someone is infectious.
Ohh I see. Makes sense. I’m full telework at the moment so still working from home. It was just a piece of mind thing. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom