Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feels like it came from the top, a la Trump and the CDC. Because Florida.
Oh it’s definitely a political statement - and that should be one of the allegations - you failed to put the health of your patients first and instead allowed your political opinions to influence treatment.

State Surgeon General is this guy. Coming from Florida gotta take with a grain of salt, but still I want to see where they got those numbers from. Those are ridiculously high numbers.

1665323598834.png

State Surgeon General is this guy. Coming from Florida gotta take with a grain of salt, but still I want to see where they got those numbers from. Those are ridiculously high numbers.

1665323598834.png

I just read their analysis - they make it quite difficult but if you look at the data at the end it appears to be tiny numbers - so, yes more young men than you would expect had cardiac issues following vaccination - but it’s not many. Cardiac issues in young men are obviously rare so a small number of cases (in a large population) will skew that percentage - when saying eg 0.1% of those who had a vaccine had cardiac issues (completely made up numbers) is required to know the relative risk.

If you weren’t trying to make a political point you would say something like the relative risk of dying from covid is x and the risk of the vaccine is y and you use that to make recommendations - and everything I have ever seen says that the vaccine risks are significantly lower.

I just read their analysis - they make it quite difficult but if you look at the data at the end it appears to be tiny numbers - so, yes more young men than you would expect had cardiac issues following vaccination - but it’s not many. Cardiac issues in young men are obviously rare so a small number of cases (in a large population) will skew that percentage - when saying eg 0.1% of those who had a vaccine had cardiac issues (completely made up numbers) is required to know the relative risk.

If you weren’t trying to make a political point you would say something like the relative risk of dying from covid is x and the risk of the vaccine is y and you use that to make recommendations - and everything I have ever seen says that the vaccine risks are significantly lower.

While myocarditis and pericarditis can be serious conditions, those typically seen after vaccination are transitory and do not cause permanent scarring, as opposed to when it occurs after infection, which should be more cause for concern.

While myocarditis and pericarditis can be serious conditions, those typically seen after vaccination are transitory and do not cause permanent scarring, as opposed to when it occurs after infection, which should be more cause for concern.

That’s true - this only looks at vaccines (those who had covid were excluded - but any reasonable analysis would compare the rates and severity as you say), but to be fair to their skewed study they are only counting deaths, not those who recovered from cardiac issues.

Can I get my 4th booster shot? Tryin to get Moderna one but not findin luck online if I can or not. Jus wonderin if someone is more knowledgeable?

My father in law just caught it and tested positive this morning. He is vaxed with one booster. He has been nauseous and vomiting this morning. He has COPD too from smoking and vaping most of his adult life. I hope he is ok.

I saw him 3 days ago at an outdoor park I tested negative for now.

I feel like people just stopped testing all together. Its the old...im feeling sick...thats it. Then they go about their lives like things are normal. Instead of doing the responsible thing and testing and quarantining if they are positive

My father in law just caught it and tested positive this morning. He is vaxed with one booster. He has been nauseous and vomiting this morning. He has COPD too from smoking and vaping most of his adult life. I hope he is ok.

I saw him 3 days ago at an outdoor park I tested negative for now.

I feel like people just stopped testing all together. Its the old...im feeling sick...thats it. Then they go about their lives like things are normal. Instead of doing the responsible thing and testing and quarantining if they are positive

Anecdotal reports are that nausea and vomiting are more prevalent symptoms with currently circulating variants. Hope he feels better soon and makes a full recovery. I wouldn’t expect you to get infected from an outdoor exposure unless you guys were sitting uncomfortably close and he was coughing on you or you were sharing food/drink, utensils, etc.

Get prepared for the term "variant soup," which seems to be our current reality going forward where rather than individual waves caused by one dominant variant we are more likely to see a long plateau caused by many different variants that all work to outcompete one another simultaneously in endless pursuit of evading our immune memory.

Booster was free for me when I went and got my Moderna bivalent booster the other day. I felt a little sluggish day of, but fine the next. I had previously only got Pfizer through work. Pharmacist was like “Mix and match?” When I responded that I read that the clinical data was slightly better for Moderna v. Pfizer, dude nodded.:lol:

Thanks for all the insights in this thread, fam:nthat:

Was planning to get the booster + flu shot tomorrow and woke up this morning with a sore throat

Feel fine otherwise. Will self test tonight and tomorrow if needed and see what it says

Would y'all get the booster if that was your only symptom? Wanted to get it before a trip coming up next week

I am thinking it's probably allergies or air quality related but who knows

Was planning to get the booster + flu shot tomorrow and woke up this morning with a sore throat

Feel fine otherwise. Will self test tonight and tomorrow if needed and see what it says

Would y'all get the booster if that was your only symptom? Wanted to get it before a trip coming up next week

I am thinking it's probably allergies or air quality related but who knows

That's a tough one, but if you test negative then I say get the booster. I wake up with a mild sore throat occasionally from post nasal drip and every time I assume the worst, but I can usually tell the difference. Do you have any claritin+D (or similar non-drowsy antihistamine/decongestant)? That usually clears up any allergy symptoms really quick for me.

Back
Top Bottom