Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Boosters still free?
Make sure you get it done before the new year. Government funding will be phased out and your insurance can choose whether or not to charge you. I’m sure they’ll be free still anyway since they’re preventative care, but you may be limited in where you can go to receive etc. this is assuming you’re in the states obviously.

That's a tough one, but if you test negative then I say get the booster. I wake up with a mild sore throat occasionally from post nasal drip and every time I assume the worst, but I can usually tell the difference. Do you have any claritin+D (or similar non-drowsy antihistamine/decongestant)? That usually clears up any allergy symptoms really quick for me.

That is what I was leaning towards

I have some claritin leftover from a few months back when I had bad allergy symptoms. Will see if that helps

Thought it might be covid then too as I never really had allergies in the past but tested negative

Not my Bae
MWKI.gif

So what’s up with these articles saying a Pfizer executive admits the vaccine was never tested against transmission?

So what’s up with these articles saying a Pfizer executive admits the vaccine was never tested against transmission?
IIRC, the trials did not measure efficacy against transmission, but rather individual symptomatic infections. Sounds like fishing for a “gotcha” moment against vaccines when they are doing exactly what any competent virologist (not MD) would have expected, which is reduce your chance of severe disease and death. There is no such thing as vaccine induced sterilizing immunity from respiratory virus. Even polio vaccines don’t prevent infection, but they keep you from getting paralyzed.

That thread is the usual mix of support (my favorite being “I pity the flu!”) and “my friend died minutes after that vaccine”, “you’re just a government shill” and “never had a shot never been sick because I have an immune system”.

Basically 50/50. The future will not look kindly on this era - at least hundreds of years ago they didn’t know stuff. We don’t have that excuse now.

IIRC, the trials did not measure efficacy against transmission, but rather individual symptomatic infections. Sounds like fishing for a “gotcha” moment against vaccines when they are doing exactly what any competent virologist (not MD) would have expected, which is reduce your chance of severe disease and death. There is no such thing as vaccine induced sterilizing immunity from respiratory virus. Even polio vaccines don’t prevent infection, but they keep you from getting paralyzed.

I understand what your saying, but when the vaccine was first released to the public, the overall public messaging at first WAS that it prevented you from catching Covid, that was quickly shot down, but then they said “well it prevents you from spreading it to other people” and there was a very large narrative about getting vaccinated to prevent spreading it to other people.

Regardless of your high level knowledge of how vaccines work, that WAS the messaging. Now I’m not saying I’m upset by any means about it, but I’ve seen quite a few “Anti vax” folks calling out how everyone was told to get vaccinated to help stop the spread as well and to help protect the vulnerable. The inconsistency and lack of transparency with this messaging is a big part of reason the folks who won’t get vaccinated won’t get vaccinated.

The general public aren’t competent virologists, nor are they competent, so I don’t see how that explanation makes the messaging that was being given back in Spring of 2021 acceptable.

I understand what your saying, but when the vaccine was first released to the public, the overall public messaging at first WAS that it prevented you from catching Covid, that was quickly shot down, but then they said “well it prevents you from spreading it to other people” and there was a very large narrative about getting vaccinated to prevent spreading it to other people.

Regardless of your high level knowledge of how vaccines work, that WAS the messaging. Now I’m not saying I’m upset by any means about it, but I’ve seen quite a few “Anti vax” folks calling out how everyone was told to get vaccinated to help stop the spread as well and to help protect the vulnerable. The inconsistency and lack of transparency with this messaging is a big part of reason the folks who won’t get vaccinated won’t get vaccinated.

The general public aren’t competent virologists, nor are they competent, so I don’t see how that explanation makes the messaging that was being given back in Spring of 2021 acceptable.
I agree, to an extent. At the time it was developed, the vaccine was a very good match for the virus. It DID prevent symptomatic infection, and therefore transmission, to a large degree. The variants changed everything.

I agree, to an extent. At the time it was developed, the vaccine was a very good match for the virus. It DID prevent symptomatic infection, and therefore transmission, to a large degree. The variants changed everything.

That makes sense as well. Not trying to be combative by any means (as I feel like sometimes I can come off that way lol) just was sharing a viewpoint I’ve seen a few people on my feed saying.

That thread is the usual mix of support (my favorite being “I pity the flu!”) and “my friend died minutes after that vaccine”, “you’re just a government shill” and “never had a shot never been sick because I have an immune system”.

Basically 50/50. The future will not look kindly on this era - at least hundreds of years ago they didn’t know stuff. We don’t have that excuse now.

If I have to post that George Carlin video again, it wouldn't be soon enough.

The mandatory mask mandate was lifted over here at the beginning of October.

Still wear my mask when I'm out most of the time especially to high crowded areas like the food store and restaurants.

Still practicing social distancing too.

Gonna take a while for me to get use to not having to wear mask all the time.

You still be masked up IATT IATT ?

Back
Top Bottom