Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
NY GOV CUOMO PRESSER:

66,497 tested positive
9,517 people currently hospitalized
2352 ICU patients

4204 patients Discharged

Last edited:
man it really is hitting these condensed cities bad

i feel for overcrowded places like ny and sf, you can't turn a corner without bumping into people

id be more worried if the area in LA i was in was that dense

i feel for overcrowded places like ny and sf, you can't turn a corner without bumping into people

I'm honestly waiting for SF's number to drastically spike upwards.

thing is New York is 3 parts, upstate, downstate and Long Island(basically part of downstate). Downstate are the most packed more for the 5 boroughs. Upstate and Long Island are spread out.

I'm honestly waiting for SF's number to drastically spike upwards.

It will spike but not dramatically like we've seen elsewhere. Sending home the majority of employees to WFH well over a week before the actual lockdown will do a lot. Downtown SF was empty 5-7 days before the first state lockdown.

Streets aren't empty but they are def less than most urban places.

Italy's case fatality rate is at 11% with the given stats. One has to wonder how many people have it and haven't been tested yet. Idk if I'm hoping more ppl have it and haven't been tested to bring that clip down or just hope the virus is mostly contained and accept that horrendous percentage.

The conversation on the fatality rates had gotten quiet last few weeks too.

Italy's case fatality rate is at 11% with the given stats. One has to wonder how many people have it and haven't been tested yet. Idk if I'm hoping more ppl have it and haven't been tested to bring that clip down or just hope the virus is mostly contained and accept that horrendous percentage.

The conversation on the fatality rates had gotten quiet last few weeks too.

You have to look at the mortality rate by age. A 95 year old man getting it versus a 24 year old man is going to be significantly different. It sounds like the majority of people affected and killed in Italy were over the age of 80.

91444512_299643467666970_1889049457746430457_n.jpg

You have to look at the mortality rate by age. A 95 year old man getting it versus a 24 year old man is going to be significantly different. It sounds like the majority of people affected and killed in Italy were over the age of 80.
I don't feel like differentiating victims based on age. I think it is callous to do so, and I've seen politicians using the same rhetoric to paint a less ugly picture than the one we have right now.

Furthermore, young, healthy people are still dying from this. No matter how you slice it, no one is safe.

I don't feel like differentiating victims based on age. I think it is callous to do so, and I've seen politicians using the same rhetoric to paint a less ugly picture than the one we have right now.

Furthermore, young, healthy people are still dying from this. No matter how you slice it, no one is safe.

Can't agree with this. Numbers are numbers, probability is probability. No political agenda behind that, just stating the reality of the situation .

It will spike but not dramatically like we've seen elsewhere. Sending home the majority of employees to WFH well over a week before the actual lockdown will do a lot. Downtown SF was empty 5-7 days before the first state lockdown.

Streets aren't empty but they are def less than most urban places.
I think in the long run each of those areas will be fine(major metros on the coasts with good infrastructure)

but the south and FL will get screwed

it’s like bullets man, thoughts and prayers won’t stop them

The chances of survival significantly decrease for those who are older though. Their bodies are weaker and they can't work as hard as a younger person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom