Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think some dudes just have a hardon for steezy. I feel like I missed something along the way since I only know bro from the golden days of the Dressing Better thread. Steezy was always loved in there, now it seems like every time homie post it’s scrutinized to 10th degree. Let me be one of the guys to say thank you ksteezy ksteezy for not only sharing your experience but also for your service. I acknowledge that you are not only putting yourself and your wife at certain risk but also doing it in what is likely to be one of the most stressful times in our lives.

While I agree that travel RNs etc should be paid well for their services during this dire time. I can also admit I’d be a lil upset that “the home team” nurses aren’t also fairly compensated. Not saying 250 a hour but I think some well deserved bonus’ should at least be considered for going above and beyond during this time. However, sometimes a jobs a job.

Tbh I’m a little conflicted about some nurses right now. My mom finally came home Sunday after coming down with Pneumonia a couple weeks ago. She was on the vent for over a week and then had some trouble regaining her balance after they took her off of sedation. She spent over a week in the hospital just recuperating.

While I’m more than thankful for everything the hospital has done to save my mom I was hurt to hear that she felt mistreated during her stay. It’s clear that a lot of people are having their limits testing during time and although I believe most medical professionals take some sort of oath, a lot of that goes out the window during times like this when the world is on edge. I don’t know what the world looks like when this is all over but I’m more than sure we will see quite a few career changes and societal changes. I just hope that it’s for the better.

Ps thanks for all who checked in on my mom and I during this time. I was so glad she didn’t get covid. It was a ***** not being able to see her at all during her hospital stay. Hearing that she fearful of her caregivers near the end did not help. Moms made it very clear to me if she ever gets sick or goes down I can never send her to that hospital again.

93373802_3578123462249693_8661878940635234304_n.jpg

Rumor around my hospital is that traveling RNs are clocking in 250$/hr

THAT IS NUTS, specially when the in-house RNs are not seeing anything near that andthey are the ones really keeping the hospital afloat as these temp RNs are pretty clueless right now..

yeah down here they were asking nurses to work in louisiana, specifically NO for 10k a week
i don't know anyone who accepted
imo the price is on point cause people still not trying to work for that amount and i don't blame them either way

i also feel all healthcare workers should be tax free till this ends
when i was in the military, deployment was tax free and got hazard pay etc.
i don't see how this is any different. i actually felt safer in the military if we are keeping it 100

Last edited:
I think ksteezy ksteezy is speaking from first hand knowledge. How would some of you feel if you were working harder, putting up with the same risk and making far less than a counterpart?

And I've talked to a travel RN who went, she did it for the check not nobility. You dudes need to chill with the judgement sometimes

Dude is on the front line speaking from his perspective.

That seems like a bigger problem in term of normal nurses needing to get hazard pay and not how much traveling nurses make.

My wife is a nurse. Much of her clinic was furloughed due to a decrease in patients. Most of her coworkers make more on unemployment than she makes employed. That's not an issue with how much people are making in unemployment, that's an issue with how much nurses are being paid.

****ting on one group of people getting paid fairly does nothing to help those who should be getting additional hazard pay.

New model projects 95% infection rate by August in LA County if Stay at Home order lifted now.

WTF? How?
It’s to wake people up to the fact that while having their “freedom” back might sound nice in theory, we’d be walking right into the fire. You know how many idiots would head straight to Disneyland tomorrow if they opened back up?...

It’s to wake people up to the fact that while having their “freedom” back might sound nice in theory, we’d be walking right into the fire. You know how many idiots would head straight to Disneyland tomorrow if they opened back up?...
absolutely, and hopefully Gavin understands this with whatever plan he has in store for us.

I'm just curious how the model came to 95% infection rate. To me, its saying the **** hasn't hit the fan yet for Cali?

Rumor around my hospital is that traveling RNs are clocking in 250$/hr

THAT IS NUTS, specially when the in-house RNs are not seeing anything near that andthey are the ones really keeping the hospital afloat as these temp RNs are pretty clueless right now..
Pocket watchin

absolutely, and hopefully Gavin understands this with whatever plan he has in store for us.

I'm just curious how the model came to 95% infection rate. To me, its saying the **** hasn't hit the fan yet for Cali?

While infection rates have been very low so far, don’t forget that models are only as good as the data that is input. I believe Newsom originally said ~56% of Californians would be infected within 8 weeks? Partly worst case scenario, but mainly scare tactics because he wanted to secure that floating hospital and encourage people to obey the stay at home order.

This actually still happening in New York City?
Hear Atlanta too. Unbelievable the careless stupidity. Why wouldn’t the tall goofy inept mayor have asked for national guard and enforced curfew past weeks ago.

Shocking moment motorcycles and quad bikes take over Manhattan street
Link didn’t work but if this about those “Ruff Ryders” then yeah these guys are all over the place enjoying trafficless streets. I can hear them all the time on the GCP
right now the hospital is in no position to be petty enforcing micromanaging policies bro....lol
True. I was wondering if it’s actually accurate that you need a clean shaven face for the masks to function properly or if you only need to shave for the fitting.

Back
Top Bottom