Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for the reply buddy. Believe me, I've been doing this job for over 23 years now (started when j was 20). I got into it because I'm a car guy. And the cars are what has helped me stick through it for all these years. But it's just not the same anymore. When the price is already fixed (below invoice on basically every new vehicle) we get a $150 flat on every car. And that is before tax. You gotta sell a lot of cars to even make a decent living monthly.

The time and stress isn't worth it. I was going to look for something new while I was out but with the pandemic, so many people lost their jobs and most places aren't hiring right now. Wish I can say I love my job. I did at one point but the luster has work off, sadly. 😞

One of my clients is cars dealer for Honda and dude has been promoting virtual sales like crazy where people buy straight from home and get the car delivered to their doorstep, we are in the cusp of evolution with the way we have performed certain jobs....I’m sure a lot of people will end up at a loss, but I think this whole pandemic has given us a wake up call and we will eventually come out the other side with a better outlook on everything...I’d like to believe we will

i cant believe this guy and he's a doctor in the bronx one of the hardest hit areas in nyc

Wouldn’t totally discount everything the Doctor is saying. He’s pointing out actual numbers based on experience at his hospital location. Shouldn’t restrict other hospital care functions and unintentionally preventing, scaring other patients seeking treatment. Questions should be asked.
Here’s other articles on same topic.

Wouldn’t totally discount everything the Doctor is saying. He’s pointing out actual numbers based on experience at his hospital location. Shouldn’t restrict other hospital care functions and unintentionally preventing, scaring other patients seeking treatment. Questions should be asked.
Here’s other articles on same topic.

I haven't read the other articles you've posted but I did read the one about the ER physician that wants to open the economy back up.

His takes are based on assumptions and not facts. If you read the article, he's pointing to that he's seeing the number of admissions to his hospital plateau-ing, but he's guessing that it's due to herd immunity and not social distancing.

Unless you test everybody, there's no way to prove right now that ny is developing any herd immunity. He didn't really give any other evidence for why he thinks social distancing isn't the reason for the numbers dropping either other than his guess that herd immunity is developing.

Honestly, knowing when to open up is a matter of looking at countries that's peaked earlier than us and seeing if they can successfully open up first ej. Spain, Italy, China, etc. If they haven't successfully opened back up first then logically, I don't see how the USA can.

I feel like the ppl in a rush to open things up aren't paying attention to events overseas.

Last edited:
One of my clients is cars dealer for Honda and dude has been promoting virtual sales like crazy where people buy straight from home and get the car delivered to their doorstep, we are in the cusp of evolution with the way we have performed certain jobs....I’m sure a lot of people will end up at a loss, but I think this whole pandemic has given us a wake up call and we will eventually come out the other side with a better outlook on everything...I’d like to believe we will

I absolutely believe this will make a lot of businesses change. I've been saying it for years that the Auto sales retail model is a broken model. And broken, I mean for both the consumer AND the salesperson. The consumer had to still deal with dealing with a price and a not nice dealer. There are good dealerships. I work at one and have done this so long, but a majority of dealers are a PITA. I've sold generations of families. Yeah, some say we're worthless, but my good customers who bought from me when I was 22, still come back to me when I was 41-42 (I'm 43 now). They watched me grow up as I watched their kids grow up.
I go out of my way to help people. Go states away to get them the new car equipped the way they want. People don't have that time to deal with finding the car while working all day. I do the legwork and spend the time going over anything and everything. Even after the fact, helping with the infotainment, phone issues, etc. People do see value in that.

For salespeople, this hopefully will change the pay structure. If it comes to the fact that cars have to be delivered to houses and such, even for test drives while people are shopping, and that customer passes on said brand of car that someone works for? That salesperson needs to be paid for all the work driving to and from their house. The commission auto salesperson is outdated and antiquated. Young people won't do this job being paid this way as they want to know what they will make, not an estimate (and the estimate was always BS).

Today, you need to sell at minimum 18 cars to have anything decent if most are new cars. And each delivery of a new car/truck/SUV, takes a few hours with all the tech to go over. All that for $150 a car (and some dealers pay $100 per mini deal)? Not anymore. Things need to change as people's bills have gone up but not the pay.

I haven't read the other articles you've posted but I did read the one about the ER physician that wants to open the economy back up.

His takes are based on assumptions and not facts. If you read the article, he's pointing to that he's seeing the number of admissions to his hospital plateau-ing, but he's guessing that it's due to herd immunity and not social distancing.

Unless you test everybody, there's no way to prove right now that ny is developing any herd immunity. He didn't really give any other evidence for why he thinks social distancing isn't the reason for the numbers dropping either other than his guess that herd immunity is developing.

Honestly, knowing when to open up is a matter of looking at countries that's peaked earlier than us and seeing if they can successfully open up first ej. Spain, Italy, China, etc. If they haven't successfully opened back up first then logically, I don't see how the USA can.

I feel like the ppl in a rush to open things up aren't paying attention to events overseas.

I was kinda focusing on the fact he was talking about how some states have restricted certain hospital healthcare functions thus indirectly affecting patients who need/seek other treatments. Scaring the total heck out of some people who need medical attention for other needs. The question of reopening things will be much more complicated.

There has to be some method to the madness. Not going to be an immediate free for all. So if NY Guv is talking some measured relief then he must be seeing progress. Be interesting to see what actual plans develop. No doubt individual precautions still must be primary defense.

Quest Diagnostics Launches Consumer-Initiated COVID-19 Antibody Test Through QuestDirect
Provides physician-guided insight into COVID-19 immune response without a visit to the doctor
Blood draws available with appointment at any of the company's 2,200 patient service centers

87euclsbnev41.jpg

Dude on the news, Owner of a Hair Salon in Georgia, was interviewed and said he wanted to re-open because his workers need money. They can't pay their bills or buy food so they need money. (I know he wants the money too...but anyway...)

This is so disturbing that people aren't looking at the government saying "give us more money". Instead they demand everyone risk their health so people can get hair cuts

Back
Top Bottom