Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

for this reason only nyc and the other 3 states have to shut its borders with all of the US And the rest of the world
no travel in or out of these states

I know it’s not possible but new laws need to be written up and the freedom of travel need to stop or we will never beat this virus
I hate articles like this cause then people gonna take they foot off the gas. I'm already seeing less mask use already in nyc and they just did phase 2 yesterday

Annoying as hell seeing 98% of people in San Francisco wearing a mask and then you got these hardos not wearing masks while running or doing every day activities. Good thing is no store or place will let you in without a mask. Sf should be in decent shape but as summer progresses I guess all bets are off.

I hate articles like this cause then people gonna take they foot off the gas. I'm already seeing less mask use already in nyc and they just did phase 2 yesterday

its good to know this info but at the same time people think where in the clear and where far from that as a state and a country

Annoying as hell seeing 98% of people in San Francisco wearing a mask and then you got these hardos not wearing masks while running or doing every day activities. Good thing is no store or place will let you in without a mask. Sf should be in decent shape but as summer progresses I guess all bets are off.

God forbid people are actually outdoors getting their exercise by running to stay healthy and to build their immune system rather than sitting on the couch.

God forbid people are actually outdoors getting their exercise by running to stay healthy and to build their immune system rather than sitting on the couch.

running Outside is the only time I refuse to wear a mask. It’s bad enough I have no choice but to run in 95 degree heat. A mask while running is unbearable and flat out dangerous. Luckily I can run in an area without many people.

I just biked to the city today from jers

wild heads was outside earlier. Maybe 2/10 people who were out had masks on

running Outside is the only time I refuse to wear a mask. It’s bad enough I have no choice but to run in 95 degree heat. A mask while running is unbearable and flat out dangerous. Luckily I can run in an area without many people.

Outdoor solo exercise should be fine. I'm sure the exercise crowd are aware of social distancing. It's the folks entering indoor venues with no masks that worries me.

Outdoor solo exercise should be fine. I'm sure the exercise crowd are aware of social distancing. It's the folks entering indoor venues with no masks that worries me.

I would say 100% of adult customers I seen in stores locally have masks on by now. I seen employees with masks down or noses exposed though. I know a mask is uncomfortable and sometimes hard to breath but if It’s necessary for stuff to open up, it’s doable. It’s no different than helmet laws or seatbelt laws.

Most states are NOT subtracting cured/recovered cases from their Main count. Subtract deaths and recoveries from the total and that’s your current active count.
This has 2.4 million total cases with about 1 million recovered and 120,000 deaths. Subtract both and you’re around 1.3 million active cases. Of the active, they say about 2% are serious, with most being completely mild.

Same with the World. 9.3 million total. 5 million recovered. 3.8 million active. Of the active, 2% in serious shape.

Many of the ones claiming 1% believe that millions have had the virus and didn’t get tested. So the actual total count is undercounted. If we had 5 million who had it and survived (Without a confirmed test), adding that to the USA figures, it becomes much less deadly, on average.
And then you have to look at states and regions calling everything covid. So the 10% death rate that’s out there also may be over counting. I believe it’s somewhere between both extremes
It can get complicated, so let's define each component.

Detected cases: This is the 2.3 million number. This is the total number of people who have tested positive over all time.

True number of cases: This is unknown because of all the people who never got tested and/or were asymptomatic. We can approximate this by doing antibody tests. This tests to see if you were ever exposed to the virus and mounted an immune response. Typically you test a sample of people (let's say 1000 in a population of 1 million) and see how many have antibodies. If 100 have antibodies, you say 10% of the population has has coronavirus (or 100,000 people). You compare that to the detected cases. Say there are only 10,000 detected cases. So you extrapolate and say that, for every 1 detected case, there are probably 9 undetected cases. In reality, this ratio is probably somewhere between 1 to 5 and 1 to 10.

Current number of active infections: There is no real data for this. We assume an active infection lasts about 2 weeks, so most of those 2.3 million detected cases are no longer actively infected.

Case fatality rate: This is the fraction of deaths among the detected cases. So currently that is 120,000 divided by 2.3 million, or about 5%. But this is unreliable because it depends heavily on how much we're testing.

Infection fatality rate: This is the more meaningful number. It is the fraction of deaths among anyone infected with the virus. However, it requires estimating the the true number of cases, as discussed above. Our best estimates are that it is somewhere between 0.4-1.0%. Let's say it is 1.0%. That means, with 120k deaths, there have been 12 million infections so far.

some caveats -- deaths lag infections by about 2 weeks, so all these numbers are dynamic. also, infection fatality rates depend on demographics (are older people getting infected? how healthy is the population to begin with?) and availability of health care.

Thank you both for helping to make sense of all this. it’s extremely difficult to understand what’s actually going on with all the different headlines being thrown out there. Much appreciated!

Their bleeding heart panders how fake woke and how outrageously hypocritical they can be when politics upstages common sense. Minorities are disproportionately hit by the Virus. There is no natural immunity. Stop effing around discouraging basic minimal safety precautions like masks and social distancing.
Morons in charge and endangering lives.

New Mexico is 8-10% Native American but has 52% of the covid cases. They are something like 40% white and have 11% of the cases, and lastly they are nearly 45% Hispanic and have 28% of the cases.
Is this hitting whites hard anywhere?

I was gonna ask isn't it dangerous to run with a mask on. It's already hard to breathe just wearing it, add in the heat and humidity outside and I'd pass out.

Back
Top Bottom