HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Fit long. Def atleast a half size down, maybe ev

appreciate the feedback

31745649_2064637307150263_1200242599575683072_n.jpg

I feel like any basketball silhouette reminiscent of the Jordan 1s will always be relevant. Some have claimed the SL10H to be washed but the funny thing is they continue to sell like crazy. I want a pair of the bred FOG basketball sneakers but I'm waiting for a deep discount.

Side note. Would any of you guys trade the Y3 triple white pure boost in a straight trade for a pair of Jordan Shadow 1s. I'm fully aware that the 1s are like half the retail cost of the Y3 but I recently sold a pair of OG 1.0 ultra boosts for over $400. I looked at it like I got those Y3 for $200. That's the only reason I even was considering possibly straight trading them.

I've had the Y3 over a year and have them still deadstock. My taste has definitely changed for all white shoes.

IMG_6742.JPG
For my pair of,
IMG_4430.JPG

rfx45 rfx45 it's completely crazy for sure. If you just browse StockX, it will shock you at some of the asking prices of certain sneakers. In this case, the kid was both local and was willing to pay $400 because he claimed they were his "grail UB" and they were deadstock and the very first UB produced with the purple heel cup. I just used StockX as a price guide and he paid the $400. I got them on sale in Iike 2015 for like $90-100. Those joints legit sat and even went on sale deep.

oh yeah, i am aware of how it sat until kanye ***** the all white versions

i'm actually the thread starter of the UB thread, i just handed over the reigns to whoever is in charge of it now because the thread was moving fast

back then, iirc, most who posted there actually ran in them :lol:

the price is crazy though

I feel like any basketball silhouette reminiscent of the Jordan 1s will always be relevant. Some have claimed the SL10H to be washed but the funny thing is they continue to sell like crazy. I want a pair of the bred FOG basketball sneakers but I'm waiting for a deep discount.

I just got rid of my black/red SL10Hs and got a pair of black/red 1s. No more damn squeaking :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Side note. Would any of you guys trade the Y3 triple white pure boost in a straight trade for a pair of Jordan Shadow 1s. I'm fully aware that the 1s are like half the retail cost of the Y3 but I recently sold a pair of OG 1.0 ultra boosts for over $400. I looked at it like I got those Y3 for $200. That's the only reason I even was considering possibly straight trading them.

Depends if you'll wear them or not. I still have my Shadows from the first release a few years back and they're still in rotation. Meanwhile, all my Y-3s etc are in storage.

Depends if you'll wear them or not. I still have my Shadows from the first release a few years back and they're still in rotation. Meanwhile, all my Y-3s etc are in storage.

That's what my exact thinking is/was. I was thinking like the Jordan Shadows are a super versatile and classic colorway for 1s and will stay in a rotation for a long time. Even after the one year of having these Y3 pure boost...my liking of them kind of changed. I still like them but not as much as before. If it was the black/white Y3 pureboost...I would never make that trade.

I've had the Y3 over a year and have them still deadstock. My taste has definitely changed for all white shoes.

IMG_6742.JPG
For my pair of,
IMG_4430.JPG

Take the Shadows. Those Y3 are hella overrated. I don't even like those white ones.

Made the trade bros. Overall I’m happy with the trade because I wasn’t wearing the Y3. The Shadow 1s actually surprised me with how good the leather quality feels. I also feel I was kind of a jerk to the guy that traded me because the Y3 were half a size too big for him. He had legit like 1.5-2 inches of space in the toe. Both of us drove a fair distance to meet up though and I basically said you can’t back out now...:lol:

0CE94DC3-3193-443A-9BD8-0DA16A6E5720.jpeg E5EDD351-DEED-49BA-AB5A-2D50B89C6994.jpeg

Ya he did. Financially the Y3 are worth more. I sold a $100 pair of Ultra Boost for $450 CAD tho so I don’t really feel burned about it. I hadn’t worn the Y3 in over a year and a half of having them. Regardless of the Y3 name bro... they’re cheaply made mesh shoes with boost.

not a dig at anyone because I am genuinely curious but what is the appeal of those Shadow 1s?

like i understand the breds and royals but i just don't get the relevance on the shadows?

again, not a dig at anyone and it's completely understandable if you like it because of the colorway but i am more curious about the hype and how it's sold out?

Ya he did. Financially the Y3 are worth more. I sold a $100 pair of Ultra Boost for $450 CAD tho so I don’t really feel burned about it. I hadn’t worn the Y3 in over a year and a half of having them. Regardless of the Y3 name bro... they’re cheaply made mesh shoes with boost.
Hey whatever makes you happy. Those y3s are cool but I got too many white on whites and they tend to get dirty if you look at em the wrong way

rfx45 rfx45 I think the same question could be asked about the Royals or Breds. Obviously the fact Jordan wore certain CWs in games matters to people but like echau echau said...it's a classic colorway that's easy to rock and match with things. I'm a sucker for black/grey combos and that's probably true to a lot of people.

Guccishades Guccishades I definitely feel that's true. A trade is worth only what each person feels the perceived value of the item is. In this case...Y3 is a "high end" collab with Adidas so they cost a lot MSRP wise. The shoe is not worth $330 or whatever it is US retail is. It feels cheap like any other ultra boost shoe. Maybe they say the materials are "premium" but it's still made in a Chinese Adidas factory. Only thing that would burn me is the fact that I paid double the price that the Jordans are, but I also buy and sell things on the regular and make profit often. I just sold a pair of SL10H that I got for 230$ for $400. Everything is relative to me. I know I'll rock the Shadow 1s more than I cared to rock those Y3. I actually bought the Y3 on a restock impulsively and didn't realize the boutique was final sale on everything. I was stuck with them...

I had them listed on Grailed, Ebay, Craigslist. I had them up for a few months and I'm not even kidding that there was absolutely NO INTEREST in them. I was shocked that they were that unpopular. If it was the black/white Y3 pureboost, I'm sure it would be a different story. I don't think too many people cared for those all white ones.

MJ wore the breds and royals in some marketing capacity back then though, i am not sure about the shadows though

Don’t feel too bad I think he won that trade

He didnt win that trade at all. Like blackchiney said, no one cares about those all white Y3. I seen places that had them for as low as $150 on huge discount. Flyknit is right too that the Y3 get played out but 1s will always be classic. If he wasnt wearin the shoes and made the money back on another sale, then its all good.

Back
Top Bottom