HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

just pay reatail.. the difference you pay vs "getting a steal" is peace of mind... whats that worth to you???

It's absolutely worth it but the OG with the all-white sole is last years version so literally no option other than wait for a restock that may never happen.

Did ever one of you guys have trouble ordering from matchesfashion.com?
My
Mind is blown right now.
I purchased a pair of sneakers from their website this morning.
I received an email to verify my my identity since I’m a first time customer.
The email customer care sent me stated to provide them with a drivers license, passport etc.
I went ahead and scanned my Virginia issued drivers license and emailed it as a pdf file back. Shortly after I received a cancellation email. So I called customer care and they told me they canceled my order because my drivers license is not valid. I was confused because wtf lol. She said it’s a fake drivers license and they will forward this matter to the police.
My mind is pretty blown right now how someone from another country going to say my license is fake. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?
Matches is a hit or miss for me. Had an experience where they sent me some different from what I ordered and basically had to go through hell to get them to send me the correct item. Ended up filing a chargeback with my card provider. I've placed 3 orders with them, the first was good, the second was the aforementioned incident and third was good.

Last edited:
Yes i thought it was odd too. But when I spoke to my bank they told me recently they had a lot of fraudulent transaction especially from the uk shipping to us. People placing orders then open a claim with the bank to dispute transaction.
that likely why matchesfasion asked to provide id.
But when I called to figure out why they canceled my order..they transferred me to the security lady which was telling me I provided a fake id. That’s would blew my
Mind. I send their customer service a long email. But they haven’t responded yet.

that matches story is crazy, never heard of that

it's like one of those nigerian prince emails saying their millionaires :lol:

you sure you didn't click one of those emails?

that matches story is crazy, never heard of that

it's like one of those nigerian prince emails saying their millionaires :lol:

you sure you didn't click one of those emails?

I know this seems unreal, but whatever..they ain’t getting my business anymore.
Their response to my email to customer service was funny too.
“I’m sorry to hear your last transaction did not pass security screening”.

What a nice way of saying oh we believe you provided us with a fake ID and try to scam someone with their credit card. Lol
I’ve been called a lot of things in my life but basically callin me a scammer is prolly a new low lol.

Attachments

• 896988F3-AAA9-496D-BCB7-2676473576A3.jpeg
    896988F3-AAA9-496D-BCB7-2676473576A3.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 24
Whoa, asking for ID is standard practice for 1st time customers at Matches?

If so, no need for me to browse that site anymore lol.

i don't remember doing that for Matches but eons ago when I used to order from UK websites, I think one of the first times, I had to provide that info to the US customs so they would release my order

I believe it was some boots from Paul Smiths UK website and maybe the leather was being held on customs and they had to make sure but it was like a one time thing and haven't had to worry about it since

these days it's much easier and many can just paypal through their orders and not worry much but that was the most extensive process i had to go through and it was the government, not the store

Hmm, that's true. I paypal everywhere it's accepted, so maybe the ID thing can be mitigated.

But still, no way in the world am I sending a photo of my ID to an online retailer (let alone EMAILING it, of all things lol).

Sometimes orders show up as fraud or potentially fraudulent and when this happens, it's common practice for the store to ask the customer for ID to verify their identity. My Customer Care team does this all the time with our stores. Not sure why people are so averse to this; your payment information is encrypted and we can't see anything other than the last 4 digits.

Sometimes orders show up as fraud or potentially fraudulent and when this happens, it's common practice for the store to ask the customer for ID to verify their identity. My Customer Care team does this all the time with our stores. Not sure why people are so averse to this; your payment information is encrypted and we can't see anything other than the last 4 digits.
This...

Hey y'all, just wondering if by these pics can you tell if of these were legit or not?
Screenshot_20180414-232920.png
Screenshot_20180414-232901.png
Screenshot_20180414-232856.png
Screenshot_20180414-232851.png
Screenshot_20180414-232845.png

Back
Top Bottom