High school basketball star gets 3 years for kidnap/assault of his ex Did he deserve it?

More details
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/08/garfield_heights_high_school_b.html

Tony Farmer's highly anticipated college basketball career came to a screeching halt Tuesday.

Farmer, a heavily recruited high school basketball player from Garfield Heights, Ohio, was sentenced to three years in prison for kidnapping and assault of his ex-girlfriend, Andrea Lane.

Farmer, 18, turned to his attorney after the sentence was announced and collapsed to the floor.

The sentence is set to be reviewed after 180 days.

The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reports that the incident, which took place last April in the lobby and parking lot of Lane's apartment complex, was caught on the apartment complex's videotape. Farmer also reportedly sent threatening text messages to Lane.

Farmer, a 6-foot-6 forward, was one of the top 100 prospects in the class of 2013. Xavier, Dayton, Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, West Virginia and Illinois were all courting him.

Most schools recruiting Farmer will be waiting to see how the case plays out, Garfield Heights High School basketball coach Sonny Johnson told The Plain Dealer.

By no means do I feel what dude did is justifiable but dude didn't deserve 3 years IMO. Just seems like a young couple who let emotions get the best of them. The girl and her family asked for leniency with his sentencing. What do you guys think?

wait, so why wouldn't he deserve it?

I honestly can say I'm being a little bias because he had a guaranteed bright future ahead of him, not to mention the girl + the parents didn't think he should get such a severe punishment and he's never been in trouble before. There's people who do more sever crimes and don't see a minute in jail. Idk I just feel bad for dude, if the victim can say she doesn't think he deserves the punishment I agree.

are you kidding me he kidnapped and assaulted his girlfriend and you think because his girlfriend is too stupid to do the right thing he should be given a lighter sentence?? :x

Of course he deserved it, No sympathy for clowns that kidnap much less assault females. :smh:

Why should he get a pass, Because he's a basketball "star" in High School? :stoneface: :lol:

Because I don't see the "bright future" on a person that's commiting crimes like these in high school, They'd probably get worse down the road...

Lock his *** up!

I doubt he'll get three years though. :nerd:

Last edited:
Can't embed on my phone, Dude at court:

Welp, When keeping it real goes wrong. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Never mind just read dude got charged with intimidating a witness for sending her threatening texts and phone calls about testifying. Guess he wasn't that sorry. Still a messed up situation for all parties involved.

All dude had to do was stay on a straight and narrow path and he wouldve prolly been a promising player. But now his life is all upside down. This is why athletic kids gotta stay focused until after they're established then they can get into criminal troubles like Ocho and Tyson.

OP know damn well that he deserves it 
laugh.gif

Son took a female against her will.  Idk the law like that, but I would guess like 5 years minimum on that alone.

Of course he deserved it, No sympathy for clowns that kidnap much less assault females. :smh:

I have no remorse for dudes that put their hands on females.

why does it matter if it's a male or female? I'm tired of women being untouchable in such situations, if a girl kidnapped a dude then the guy would be clowned for life.

regardless he deserved it but it doesn't matter that it was a female. get that straight.

Last edited:
why should I feel sorry for him? Because hes tall and play play a sport? Next time he should be a little smarter.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

all bad. hate to see a young brother go down man....at the same time he should know better. kidnapping robbery and assualt is no joke.

ALOT of these athletes have a serious God complex, doing whatever and thinking they cant be touched.............but that's a whole another discussion
laugh.gif

its imperative to leave these birds alone and focus on your craft, whatever it may be. gotta see how this plays out.
i know NT detectives can get a pic of this chick though.
nerd.gif

He should be thankful, this government of ours has no remorse for young ignorant youth or adults who obviously shows no interest in a brighter future and commit crimes like they're invincible. ESPECIALLY young African Americans, what's even worse is he had a blessing and blew it over some female who'll probably have a new man the day following his incarceration. Ignorant he is, and a punk for putting his hands on a female so he deserves it. He made that bed, now it's nap time.

I ain't never been in no domestic trouble...and will never understand how a ***** can drive a man to throw his future away.

There's girls everywhere. Just get another one...

:smh:

Aquille Carr who ironically is in the same graduating class as this dude, just got locked up for beating up his child's mother. I really don't understand it.

Last edited:
why does it matter if it's a male or female? I'm tired of women being untouchable in such situations, if a girl kidnapped a dude then the guy would be clowned for life.
regardless he deserved it but it doesn't matter that it was a female. get that straight.
reppppped.

Further more, was the girl white?

What was he doing kidnapping and assaulting this broad? You have to know when to walk away from a situation like this. These b****** are the downfall of men & we keep letting them get the upperhand.

3 years is light considering this is a kidnapping case.

Back
Top Bottom