"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

You implying that the glorification of drugs (Ross and 'it's only entertainment') is the fault of white execs?

That stuff sells because that's what dudes wanna hear.
Very much so ..

The execs control what you listen too now ..

Radio playing the same damn song 2o times in a row for 20hrs

that **** ain't by demand , it's by design.

I wouldn't even trip if there was some diversity .. some balance

but there isn't.

If they wanted to make positive music at the forefront they could ..
there was an article not long ago about this sort of vertical integration

The Illusion of Choice.

http://frugaldad.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/IllusionofChoice.jpg

click

Last edited:
If they wanted to make positive music at the forefront they could ..
What "positive" rapper could sell hundreds of thousands of records right now? What would make it profitable for a label to promote a positive rapper? Aside from Kendrick obviously who IS getting promotion and IS already popular because a lot of people like his music, which is why he and the rest of TDE got signed. Same with Cole.

And of course labels are forcing drug rap down our throats because Scooter, Future, Chief Keef, etc., all their popularity just came out of thin air right? They are label created? Are labels forcing Troy Ave down our throats? Are they forcing Schoolboy Q upon us?

Or is that just what dudes wanna hear in 2013?

Last edited:
What "positive" rapper could sell hundreds of thousands of records right now? What would make it profitable for a label to promote a positive rapper? Aside from Kendrick obviously who IS getting promotion and IS already popular because a lot of people like his music, which is why he and the rest of TDE got signed. Same with Cole.

And of course labels are forcing drug rap down our throats because Scooter, Future, Chief Keef, etc., all their popularity just came out of thin air right? They are label created? Are labels forcing Troy Ave down our throats? Are they forcing Schoolboy Q upon us?

Any positive rapper "they" choose to sell hundreds of thousands of records.

But ****** ain't in the business of promoting positivity you know?

I remember ****** clowned Tpain for using Auto Tune ..

Yet **** with future ..  and Tpain is a better artist imo.

All them ****** you named are  are the same ****** who I said walked into the trap with their eyes open , for whatever their reasons were ..

And we gotta blame ourselves partially too cuz we the fans ate that **** up ..

Any positive rapper "they" choose to sell hundreds of thousands of records.

But ****** ain't in the business of promoting positivity you know?

I remember ****** clowned Tpain for using Auto Tune ..

Yet **** with future ..  and Tpain is a better artist imo.

All them ****** you named are  are the same ****** who I said walked into the trap with their eyes open , for whatever their reasons were ..

And we gotta blame ourselves partially too cuz we the fans ate that **** up ..
That last line is all I wanted to hear. As long as y'all admit that the fans control what's popular and being played "20x a day" on the radio

As far as Future and T-Pain . . . T-Pain fell off because he started making corny records and people **** with Future because he's like the 08-Early 09 Codeine'd out Wayne but with better song making abilities and better beats, and he doesn't have to live up to the actual rapping ability that Wayne had in 04-08, so it's not a disappointment.

That last line is all I wanted to hear. As long as y'all admit that the fans control what's popular and being played "20x a day" on the radio

As far as Future and T-Pain . . . T-Pain fell off because he started making corny records and people **** with Future because he's like the 08-Early 09 Codeine'd out Wayne but with better song making abilities and better beats, and he doesn't have to live up to the actual rapping ability that Wayne had in 04-08, so it's not a disappointment.
Nah, don't put words in my mouth

Fans don't control **** ..

Media controls whats popular , media controls who they choose to make popular.

That power got taken away a loooonnngg time ago

Fans don't control nothing on radio , I know this as fact.

If you keep hearing the same **** over and over it eventually will get engrained in your brain.

even if you hate it.

Same **** with what you see , thats why you got dudes wearing leather skirts and **** ..

Thats by design , not by choice.

We just chose to accept it off the rip.

Some of y'all are so ignorant and caught up in the foolishness Face was talking about and you don't even know it.
Please explain.

I'm curious to hear your credentials so I can weigh your opinion versus Scarface who has been involved in music both as an artist and from behind the scenes.

how is saying u think someone is mad for being irrelevant disrespectful? yall think everything is disrespect... you can have an opinion that's not necessarily positive or negative....

i didnt say he was wack i said folks aint checkin for him.... thats just the truth of reality fam...

Please explain.

I'm curious to hear your credentials so I can weigh your opinion versus Scarface who has been involved in music both as an artist and from behind the scenes.

Nah bruh that ain't what I was saying, you're misunderstanding me.

What I'm saying is people in here are caught up in this mainstream/white CEO dominated hip-hop that they don't realize what's going on. I was agreeing with Face. When he was saying its a whole generation of dudes being lost in this bulls*** "hip hop" that's what I meant by being caught up in the foolishness, people in here are caught up in this trash rap they promote they can't even see that's its trash

How exactly does the consumer "control" what's put out?

It's not even an issue about "positive" or "non-positive" rap. It's the parity. At it's forefront...there was MUCH more diversity on the commercial level in Hip-Hop. There wasn't one sound that dominated the airwaves. That's not the case today. How is that NOT by design?

If I turn the radio...I'm guaranteed to hear songs about the same ol ********. How is that NOT the result of what the suits choose to market towards the public? 

Last edited:
Take this Molly **** for instance...

Ya'll really think its a coincidence that damn near everybody that is somebody has made a reference to it? ******g Wiz Khalifa went on a tangent on Twitter about how uncool that **** was 2 years ago and now he's on a damn song called Molly. You cannot believe that the consumer is the trendsetter. The artists are...and they're being GIVEN the trends to set by the suits.

It's all one vicious cycle.

It's not even an issue about "positive" or "non-positive" rap. It's the parity. At it's forefront...there was MUCH more diversity on the commercial level in Hip-Hop. There wasn't one sound that dominated the airwaves. That's not the case today. How is that NOT by design?

If I turn the radio...I'm guaranteed to hear songs about the same ol ********. How is that NOT the result of what the suits choose to market towards the public? 

Exactly. The only songs in the past year that made the radio that broke the mold and weren't essentially forced on everybody was KL's "Swimming Pools", "Poetic Justice" and Wale's "Bad". Everything else follows that same Mike Will, Future or Drake on the hook formula.

how is saying u think someone is mad for being irrelevant disrespectful? yall think everything is disrespect... you can have an opinion that's not necessarily positive or negative....

i didnt say he was wack i said folks aint checkin for him.... thats just the truth of reality fam...
No one has to be checkin for him ..

Someone has to be checked for or relevant to make their opinion hold value?

He's an elder dropping jewels ..

He's mad cuz he see the hip hop is ****** UP.

He's sees who ****** it up too

**** I'm bothered by how Hip Hop is ****** up.

I grew up knowing there was all types of hip that you could pick and choose from ..

and all types were played on the radio ..

Face My moms age and She says the same thing ..

There no balance and diversity .. you don't have to be relevant to see or say that.

Take this Molly **** for instance...

Ya'll really think its a coincidence that damn near everybody that is somebody has made a reference to it? ******g Wiz Khalifa went on a tangent on Twitter about how uncool that **** was 2 years ago and now he's on a damn song called Molly. You cannot believe that the consumer is the trendsetter. The artists are...and they're being GIVEN the trends to set by the suits.

It's all one vicious cycle.
EXACTLY

I seen that **** and just 
mean.gif

***** is a pawn.

Face nailed it. he couldn't said it any better.

My gripe is with these young kids (some that posted in this thread also):

They have no interest nor do they care about the artists that paved the way. If they see a legend like Face spittin' knowledge, they're quick to say "he's old" or "he's irrelevant" blah blah. But that's common problem especially for the 90s babies: They don't respect their elders. sorry for the rant, but that just pisses me off. I remember my older cousins puttin' me on Eric B and Rakim as a youngin' and was very greatful for that to this day.

Last edited:

The fact that you called a vet irrelevant is disrespectful. What makes him irrelevant, not having a recent hit? Have you checked the man's catalog and credentials? And then you assume that he's mad because YOU think he's irrelevant? Do you think there are many if any bigger names in southern hip hop that can overstep or pull rank on Scarface?

So... how exactly is he irrelevant? If he offered you a free feature or better yet, offered to feature you on his project, you would turn that down?

The fact that you called a vet irrelevant is disrespectful. What makes him irrelevant, not having a recent hit? Have you checked the man's catalog and credentials? And then you assume that he's mad because YOU think he's irrelevant? Do you think there are many if any bigger names in southern hip hop that can overstep or pull rank on Scarface?

So... how exactly is he irrelevant? If he offered you a free feature or better yet, offered to feature you on his project, you would turn that down?

:lol: man read my other posts in the thread... the word irrelevant doesn't discredit anything he's done...

yall take everything the wrong way

yall also think the word overrated means wack...

im not about to type up a whole bunch of **** to try and make you understand my perspective

Drake, Rocky, Ross, Kendrick, and Future are the biggest rappers out right now and they all sound NOTHING alike.

What one sound is dominating?

Exactly. The only songs in the past year that made the radio that broke the mold and weren't essentially forced on everybody was KL's "Swimming Pools", "Poetic Justice" and Wale's "Bad". Everything else follows that same Mike Will, Future or Drake on the hook formula.
Because Mike Will, Future, and Drake are popular right now
laugh.gif
. Lolwut?

Even with Drake, Started From The Bottom has a modern day Wu-Tang instrumental and he COMPLETELY changed his voice and flow for that record, it wasn't a "safe" record at all as far as a formula

Forced upon means that the people don't want it . . .

Y'all also overestimating the power of "radio" in general . . . In an age where everyone has a smartphone and everyone has Pandora/Spotify, I'd be willing to bet a majority of people go to blogs like Rap Radar for new music than they'd go checking their local "Rap" stations for it . . . and if you look at the internet, it's needless to say the diversity in rap is at an all time high . . .

Back
Top Bottom