HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Good with one pair? We will see about that. :lol:

I picked up a size 9 for a friend of mine and these things are freaking gorgeous in hand. Seriously.
🤣 Nah I’m good. I guess if somehow I lucked into another pair for retail I’d probably do it just for the hell of it, but these are behind Concords, Jams and Playoffs for me. Honestly I barely even tried to get a pair. Only even entered the Footlocker and Hibbett raffles. Totally expected to get zero pairs and I was fine with that. Maybe I hit on a pair BECAUSE I didn’t even care that much. That’s sneaker karma for you LOL

🤣 Nah I’m good. I guess if somehow I lucked into another pair for retail I’d probably do it just for the hell of it,
You’d be an idiot not to get another pair for retail if you lucked into it. Just sayin’. :lol:

These are nice in hand. 👌

Super glad you were able to get a pair. 💪

You’d be an idiot not to get another pair for retail if you lucked into it. Just sayin’. :lol:

These are nice in hand. 👌

Super glad you were able to get a pair. 💪
Ya for sure. If nothing else, down the road you could sell them for $400-plus, so it’s a no-lose scenario. But I’m not gonna be hunting restocks so I’d literally have to see something pop up while I’m working at my computer to even have a chance. It’s happened before but I’m not holding my breath.

That said, I am pretty psyched to get these, and glad I got a pair like you said. First thing I’m gonna do is throw in a new pair of thicker white XI Rope Lace Supply laces like I’ve done in my Concords. Minor but fun and closer-to-OG upgrade. I have a few packages of those laces on hand already. Bought for my Concord stash but I have an extra set.

Feel grateful that I was able to secure 2 pairs from all the shenanigans. :pimp:

IMG_20211212_010113596_HDR~2.jpg

After seeing one of my pairs in person, I have to say this is one of those rare times that the most recent retro trumps all other versions. I mean between the higher patent cut, overall shape and the feel of the nubuck down to the tint of the sole…I haven’t seen a fresher pair of J’s like this in a while. Well done JB, and I rarely say that nowadays

had a couple pairs in my size and really should not be surprised at how bad Nike QC is. Literally have to check each pair and pick the best one with the least flaws. Sucks for the amount of money we throw at Nike

if i had two pairs of concords id trade for a cool grey and cash

multiples are a no no imo. ill probably die before even getting to wear a specific shoe more than 5 times. have too many shoes to **** around with multiples

what use is a fresh ds pair of shoes when you're dead?

you gon be rollin over in your grave when your wife/gf's new man rockin your jays

Last edited:
its 50 percent of seller fees till Monday I think so prices might jump after that
Doubt it. But I don't see these falling under $300...ever.
A quick release day stories:

I planned a spontaneous date with a girl I started talking to recently. I picked her up from her place and she wore some sneakers due to this being a sneaker related day. We arrived at the mall and we waited in the line for the counter. When we get to the counter the cashier told us that I had to find a sales associate and tell them I won the raffle and show them my information. We left the counter to find an associate and showed them my information. They retrieved the box from the stock room and it looked like it seen better days. We had to get back in line for the counter to secure the shoes then left. Once we were back in the car we talked for a while and made out then drove to a restaurant and talked for a while waiting for our table then made out there. We had good conversation in the restaurant about Marvel, Harry Potter (She was a Gryffindor and I was a Hufflepuff), and then about video games. After that I took her home and had a third make out session. All in all today was a good day!

1639292145674.gif
Hufflepuff? :smh:

multiples are a no no imo. ill probably die before even getting to wear a specific shoe more than 5 times. have too many shoes to **** around with multiples

you gon be rollin over in your coffin when your wife/gf's new man rockin your jays

i hear u, i really do, but these are needed for the double, I see these skyrocketing

n this is coming from a guy that doesn't do doubles at all, I most likely wont double down, got enough grey ish already, last double up was some white ups

you gon be rollin over in your grave when your wife/gf's new man rockin your jays
i hear u, i really do, but these are needed for the double, I see these skyrocketing

n this is coming from a guy that doesn't do doubles at all, I most likely wont double down, got enough grey ish already, last double up was some white ups

I have never done doubles and was the same stance as noble, but I had to double up on these. These are so nice!

Woke up with shipping confirmation from Hibbett. :smile:

I'm excited for these. I'll share a story/history of why...

Back in 2000/2001 seeing that these were coming out via Slam magazine at the time, I had to have them because they were a March release, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to get my first pair of XIs. I was too young to drive and mom and I went to a local mall that we confirmed would have them on release day. This was of course back when FCFS was the primary way for getting shoes, and this particular foot action was the only store who was going to have them.

We arrived a little over an hour early, thinking we would be able to secure a spot easily. We were way off, and there was about 100+ people queued. I was bummed TF out, and so was mom for me because she knew how much I wanted them.

We did some shopping that day still for my birthday, and I ended up getting some random pair of shoes and then a pair of "Cool Grey" Air Max Plus that were out at the time. It was a joke between us that we would get something grey regardless of these being gone.

Missing out on these in 2001 caused me to get curious as to how I would not miss out on another shoe, ever. It's what brought me to NT after searching online for resources and info to prepare for the Bred release later in the year, which I was able to secure.

The shoe had its second release, and I was not into sneakers at the time, mostly due to that phase many of us go through in transitioning from Young Adult to Adult Adult with additional responsibilities, bills, etc etc.

Now I'm here 20 years later, cooked on a pair of my personal grails after all, and mom will be able to give these to me for Christmas. :nthat:

Picked up from FTA after work…. I bet they were disappointed when I showed up coz the cut off was 7 and I got there around 6:50ish lol…. Sorry but I worked almost 12 hours today….

Walked around the mall to see if they have any sizes for my lil man and asked around but no bueno… all raffled out… 🤦🏽‍♂️

12BA38B2-EB96-4061-8FCA-FF53203F1136.jpeg

That stock room is getting out of hand ozboi ozboi

Back
Top Bottom