Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Everything on NT turns into a race war. A lotta you guys straight up act and sound like you hate white people.

Chill out already with this foolishness. It's a movie. 
indifferent.gif

So people are saying they hate white people because they see inaccurate perceptions in these films
No, just all the ******** about the media trying to brainwash people and 'keep the black man down'. It's ludicrous. 

The decisions made are about $ at the end of the day and you guys are acting like this *****;

Whole lotta talk about nonsense. 

Why people get bent out of shape because a business values profit over historical accuracy?

I see you're letting your emotions out, but why on earth would you expect otherwise?

Goes without saying this applies pretty much across the board

So they changed the face of the Sphinx in the Film to have European features because of what?? ... The only roles blacks have in this movie consist of robbers/ peasants because that's obviously purely a money issue?

The reason why people get upset with historical inaccuracies because eventually this film will make its way into education either formally or informally.

A kid or teenager sees the film and eventually believes that Ancient Egyptians looked like Christian Bale which is inaccurate

The real issue is parents not being proud of their skin, so they never teach their kids that. To us that had parents that taught us to be proud of ourselves don't have an issue with this (and before NT, NT's, just because you have a problem with it, DOESN'T mean you aren't proud of yourself). because no matter what is on the screen, we aren't going to walk away thinking anything different.

If we were talking school textbooks, which main purpose (presumably) is education, then this type of practice would certainly be inexcusable (skepticism for public schooling notwithstanding).

But in an arena where marketing and "target demographics" reign supreme, liberties are taken to maximize profit. Only shady thing here is the peasant & criminal roles going to blacks, I suppose the actors were probably desperate enough to accept them, and the producers wanted to "diversify" the cast with only menial roles, a shame but still a side effect of the business side of filmmaking.

Now asking WHY an all white cast is more profitable is a much better question IMO

The reason why people get upset with historical inaccuracies because eventually this film will make its way into education either formally or informally.

A kid or teenager sees the film and eventually believes that Ancient Egyptians looked like Christian Bale which is inaccurate

The real issue is parents not being proud of their skin, so they never teach their kids that. To us that had parents that taught us to be proud of ourselves don't have an issue with this (and before NT, NT's, just because you have a problem with it, DOESN'T mean you aren't proud of yourself). because no matter what is on the screen, we aren't going to walk away thinking anything different.

I think it can make a difference in cumulative effect

That cast is really sad to look at. Why not throw some black actors into the mix for the main roles? I don't see why you can't have both "seat fillers" and up and coming black actors

it's not just black people, they do the same thing for Asian characters too. Unless it's some martial arts character, they all get repaced by white guys

I always wondered how Asians felt about Hollywood, Blacks and Latinos are usually crooks or Black are token cats that always get murked, Asians simply dont appear in movies that arent Martial Arts flicks, not even as back ground characters.

I watch a lot of foreign films, so it doesn't bother me much. I find most Asian actors in Hollywood to be females.

Asians run YouTube tho :lol:

If we were talking school textbooks, which main purpose (presumably) is education, then this type of practice would certainly be inexcusable (skepticism for public schooling notwithstanding).

But in an arena where marketing and "target demographics" reign supreme, liberties are taken to maximize profit. Only shady thing here is the peasant & criminal roles going to blacks, I suppose the actors were probably desperate enough to accept them, and the producers wanted to "diversify" the cast with only menial roles, a shame but still a side effect of the business side of filmmaking.

Now asking WHY an all white cast is more profitable is a much better question IMO

Yes i understand that Film companies are looking to bring in the most money off of these films but even then that is not SOLELY the reason behind them blatantly showcasing a certain view of history in every single hollywood film.

Also despite this not being a textbook let's not act like entertainment in the year 2014 doesn't create depictions and habits in people. It's just entertainment isn't a phrase that applies to everybody, and plenty of people get A large portion of their ideas based off only Film, Music etc etc & that's what scares me about this.

Yes i understand that Film companies are looking to bring in the most money off of these films but even then that is not SOLELY the reason behind them blatantly showcasing a certain view of history in every single hollywood film.

Yes, that is the sole reason.

There's no movie producer who's mission is to restore the glory of the Aryan race through repainting history.

They're going with what the culture wants. And the culture is overwhelmingly white, and relates to white, and wants to see white.

Just like all the paintings of White Jesus. If I'm an Italian duke or king or whatever, I'm gonna want to see a Jesus that looks like me.

They are going into OVERKILL to hide the TRUTH

The more they try to hide the TRUTH the more its revealed

Also, its like someone thats trying to plead their case..(in reference too) the more you say the less you say

Da Asians only have Glen from The Walking Dead. :nerd:

I always wondered how Asians felt about Hollywood, Blacks and Latinos are usually crooks or Black are token cats that always get murked, Asians simply dont appear in movies that arent Martial Arts flicks, not even as back ground characters.

View media item 1102945
lead
View media item 1102949
but yeah it's still bad
How could I forget my man Han! :pimp:
Is he in the next fast and furious? He didn't really die in the last one, right? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom