Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Thanks man, yeah we’ll move there eventually is the plan. I have to save some more money first and more than likely sell our house and pay for construction with that money.

that house is dope. I like all the windows and the fact that it’s one floor.

I looked into prefab but it ends up costing more per sq. Ft than building.

one of the reasons I got this one is it has city water, electric and gas to the lot already which saves like 100k+ plus a lot of places here have dry wells and you have to get a cistern.

we will probably end up doing drive under the way the building site is and I don’t want to take down a lot of trees so build up vs out. Plus you can see far as hell once you’re above the trees and the poured walls on the ground level are good for fire protection. Then I get a garage gym. :pimp:

Where you thinking about buying some land?
Nowhere yet really, something not far from a city wouldn't be terrible.

Anyone else washed and watch hgtv/diy all the time? :lol:

just started watching shoes with that dude Mike Holmes. I like them, he’s super knowledgeable and you learn something every episode. Watched most of “Holmes and Holmes”

Pics of land and the area. I’ll probably put up the cheapest house in the neighborhood. :lol:

my boy copped 15 acres down the way and another couple that are my wife’s friends own a lot down the road they will build on about the same time as me.

2C09E8EE-27F5-4BFF-8EB8-D699D7ABC56B.jpeg

FE30D322-7C96-49D9-971B-1CBF4A688802.jpeg

this is the view from the road in front of the lot facing the other way.
beautiful and congrats
Thanks man, yeah we’ll move there eventually is the plan. I have to save some more money first and more than likely sell our house and pay for construction with that money.

that house is dope. I like all the windows and the fact that it’s one floor.

I looked into prefab but it ends up costing more per sq. Ft than building.

one of the reasons I got this one is it has city water, electric and gas to the lot already which saves like 100k+ plus a lot of places here have dry wells and you have to get a cistern.

we will probably end up doing drive under the way the building site is and I don’t want to take down a lot of trees so build up vs out. Plus you can see far as hell once you’re above the trees and the poured walls on the ground level are good for fire protection. Then I get a garage gym. :pimp:

Where you thinking about buying some land?
Utilities already there is fireee

now hows the cell phone reception?

beautiful and congrats

Utilities already there is fireee

now hows the cell phone reception?
Thanks man, yeah the utilities there is HUGE. I wouldn’t have done it otherwise.

cell reception is spotty at best. For lte but they have fiber optic internet too :lol: data is spotty but you always have voice.

it’s not in the middle of no where, it’s right between lead and spearfish so they got lead city water and gas.

my boys lot is a little farther out so he has no utilities but he’s bringing in gas since the neighbor has it it will be cheap and going all solar with a natural gas generator as backup.

my roads are also maintained. They get 250 inches of snow a year so that’s a big deal. You have to get a tractor or something otherwise.

Congrats mplsdunk mplsdunk on the new purchase!

That’s gonna be an exciting project to build it out to your liking! Looking forward to those before and after pics some day.

I've been wanting to do a weekend trip from denver up there. My neighbors are from that area and recommend spearfish to do cool ****

yeah there’s a bunch to do, I’d go in the spring or summer. You can rent a side by side if you’re into that. TONS of trails and old mining roads all over.

Custer park, needles is sick, black elk peak hike is cool.

fishing if you’re into that, world class trout streams.

some good restaurants in spearfish, rapid city and Custer.

if you like the outdoors you’ll have fun. You got devils tower and the bear lodge mountains in Wyoming too an hour away.

Congrats mplsdunk mplsdunk on the new purchase!

That’s gonna be an exciting project to build it out to your liking! Looking forward to those before and after pics some day.

thanks!

it’s gonna be a while, got some stuff to wrap up here first but it will be fun and not too stressful I’m hoping. :lol:

C3998B3A-E4F4-42B1-A848-81300E457873.jpeg

Bought 2/1 Dec 2018
It’s now a 3/2 fully remodeled. Last 3/2’s in the neighborhood that were updated sold for $920-1.1million.
Born and raised here but were seriously thinking of making an exit to another state and work part time to raise the children in a slower and way more safe place

It’s booming out there actually near Yellowstone. My co worker just bought something out there to rent out.

I think with more people working from home you’re going to see people moving out that way more. I’m also sure they’ll see their first winter and sell it come spring time. :lol:

I like people just fine I just need room to roam.

I feel like it’s impossible to afford that these days. Like you have to have it in your family.

would be :pimp: though.

Anyone able to direct me to the best real estate course they know of in NY or if not an online course ?? Thanks in advance

Putting my first crib on the market next month...been a fun two years. Went under contract on new construction at better area and property value has shot up 5k before closing...feels good man

Back
Top Bottom