Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Somewhere where’s it’s green like Vancouver or Big Bear but it doesn’t snow and it never gets below like 45 at night would be perfect

Last edited:
I don’t mind snow. I just don’t like brutal cold. Like it’s -2 here now. I can’t wait to leave. :lol:

mn is too damn cold, tomorrow the high is 3. Like this **** affects you mentally when you can’t go outside for weeks without it hurting.
:lol: Not laughing at you, def laughing with you bro.

It has adverse affects that people just don't realize until they leave. It's such a beautiful city, underrated still and will always be home. But yeah, **** that weather bro! Get out of there, you still headed west to Dakotas?

Yeah, me and my wife kind of assembled a whole squad to roll. So far 3 of our friends got land out there all within 5 minutes of us. :lol: it was weird how everyone was like f it let’s dip. :lol:

it gets cold out there too but it doesn’t stick around long. It’s more like denver, cold one day 55 the next.

you’re right, twin cities is a good place to live. I’ve just been here so long and I’m over it. I won’t be far away either so I can make it back in 10 hours for the weekend or whatever.

Anyone here have experience with Airbnb in South Beach, Miami? Tryna figure out the laws there but the Airbnb page isnt so clear.

Yeah, me and my wife kind of assembled a whole squad to roll. So far 3 of our friends got land out there all within 5 minutes of us. :lol: it was weird how everyone was like f it let’s dip. :lol:

it gets cold out there too but it doesn’t stick around long. It’s more like denver, cold one day 55 the next.

you’re right, twin cities is a good place to live. I’ve just been here so long and I’m over it. I won’t be far away either so I can make it back in 10 hours for the weekend or whatever.
You got me tall interested in the black hills these last few post. Living in Portland now and love it but always looking ahead.

Wanted to see if we could do Bend but it’s just unaffordable in the grand scheme of things. Looked at Boise but kind of eh.

where did you start your research at? or has it been an are you frequent? that’s supper dope you got a bunch of friends moving with you.

You got me tall interested in the black hills these last few post. Living in Portland now and love it but always looking ahead.

Wanted to see if we could do Bend but it’s just unaffordable in the grand scheme of things. Looked at Boise but kind of eh.

where did you start your research at? or has it been an are you frequent? that’s supper dope you got a bunch of friends moving with you.

check it out, I like it because it’s a bunch of small towns pretty close together so you’re not out in the middle of no where. That said you can get out in the middle of no where quick.

rapid city reminds me of a front range city more like Fort Collins or something. It’s def western vs Midwest. Then you got spearfish which is 20 minutes from my land which is a college town and it’s blowing up there as far as out of towners moving in. A lot of people from denver coming up.

I’ve been going out there forever and always loved it, it’s just different out there vs other places out west. It was kind of a now or never moment with us. Land that was 30k 4 years ago is 100k now. I’m sure a lot of it has to do with Covid but they’ve never had land move like this now so we all just bought ASAP to lock something down. I got beat out on four lots by other buyers.

I’m happy we got a crew rolling. My wife’s good friends and mine. We always talked about it so we finally did it.

I’d say look into spearfish if you want a city, or else lead or deadwood. That’s the spot to be, Custer is dope too but you’re out there at that point. Northern hills are my favorite. Southern is a little more desolate but much cheaper with way less snow and it can be 65 in January.

rapid city is nice too.

What’s up with bend? Been hearing about it lately?

I’m on land watch now looking at land, it’a expensive af. Looks like it’s all subdivisions and you’d be better off buying a fixer upper on a good piece of land.

I’m guessing a billionaire bought up most the land years back and is subdividing it all now.

check it out, I like it because it’s a bunch of small towns pretty close together so you’re not out in the middle of no where. That said you can get out in the middle of no where quick.

rapid city reminds me of a front range city more like Fort Collins or something. It’s def western vs Midwest. Then you got spearfish which is 20 minutes from my land which is a college town and it’s blowing up there as far as out of towners moving in. A lot of people from denver coming up.

I’ve been going out there forever and always loved it, it’s just different out there vs other places out west. It was kind of a now or never moment with us. Land that was 30k 4 years ago is 100k now. I’m sure a lot of it has to do with Covid but they’ve never had land move like this now so we all just bought ASAP to lock something down. I got beat out on four lots by other buyers.

I’m happy we got a crew rolling. My wife’s good friends and mine. We always talked about it so we finally did it.

I’d say look into spearfish if you want a city, or else lead or deadwood. That’s the spot to be, Custer is dope too but you’re out there at that point. Northern hills are my favorite. Southern is a little more desolate but much cheaper with way less snow and it can be 65 in January.

rapid city is nice too.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work up there?

Rapid City has like half of the population of the current Denver suburb I live in, and its the 2nd most populous city in SD. Looks cool that its right at the edge of the hills there.

I’m on land watch now looking at land, it’a expensive af. Looks like it’s all subdivisions and you’d be better off buying a fixer upper on a good piece of land.

I’m guessing a billionaire bought up most the land years back and is subdividing it all now.
Not really sure in regards to the land, but the location is amazing if you like to be outside doing things. Its all there. The mountain is like a 25 min drive from town. It gets as much sun as any city in CA, but with 4 seasons. Was just there last weekend snowboarding and taking a break from the Portland rain. It was 30 something degrees all sun.

Its been a key location for Tech remote workers. A lot of CA and Texas money there now. Half the mansions are empty until Summer and Winter season.

rapid city is nice too.
Nice I gotta check it out. I actually had a friend move to SD because his wife got a job as a Doctor somewhere out there and they ended up staying. He became a Yellowstone ranger for a couple years hahah.

I definitely want to own some land where I can stretch my legs and let my dogs do their thing. By the sounds of it though land is starting to move fast. I had an opportunity to buy some land up north near Seattle where my uncle bought some land and built a spot, but its too rainy for me up there.

I like 4 seasons, but the rain drags just a little too long here in Portland. But man when it isnt raining here its amazing.

Look at Redmond. It's about 15 minutes out but a little cheaper.
Yeah a lot of tech money moving to Bend - hell I’m contemplating buying in Willamette Valley so noskey noskey and I can get drunk once a month on those nice Pinots
My man! :pimp:

Haha this is the most I have ever heard of SD talked about on NT. That is beautiful country. Love the Black Hills area and one of my favorites movies, Dances With Wolves the ending scene was shot in Spearfish Canyon.

For all of you folks visiting if you are in the area make sure you stop by Alpine Inn in Hill City, SD. It is located close by Crazy Horse memorial and Mt. Rushmore. One of the best filet mignons I have ever had. At least back in the day you could get a wedge salad, baked potato, Texas toast and a 9 oz bacon wrapped filet for $14 but make sure you save room for the chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work up there?

Rapid City has like half of the population of the current Denver suburb I live in, and its the 2nd most populous city in SD. Looks cool that its right at the edge of the hills there.

im buying a dump truck once I touch down out there, with all the building going on they need all the help they can get. One of the other guys who’s moving is starting a land management company. Clearing brush and what not before the house construction starts with machines so I’ll help him out too.

wife will more than likely open another restaurant out there in spearfish.

my other friend is an electrician and his girl sells houses and does the interior design for rich people. :lol:

you’re right though, you better have a job figured out before you move.

Not really sure in regards to the land, but the location is amazing if you like to be outside doing things. Its all there. The mountain is like a 25 min drive from town. It gets as much sun as any city in CA, but with 4 seasons. Was just there last weekend snowboarding and taking a break from the Portland rain. It was 30 something degrees all sun.

Its been a key location for Tech remote workers. A lot of CA and Texas money there now. Half the mansions are empty until Summer and Winter season.

that’s what’s sick about the mountains. Drive 30 minutes and it’s a totally different scene.

I think apt of that is happening in sd as well. Been hearing about the “golden clad Californians” moving in flying a drone up and buying land unseen in person. :lol:

Anyone who paid less than 20% down, what was your experience like? Any issues because you didn't put down the 20%?

I wanna buy a condo top of next year. Wanted to wait till 2023, but was only thinking that far ahead because of wanting to put 20% down plus having ample savings after my purchase

I wanna have savings stashed regardless of how much I put down on my purchase

Anyone who paid less than 20% down, what was your experience like? Any issues because you didn't put down the 20%?

I wanna buy a condo top of next year. Wanted to wait till 2023, but was only thinking that far ahead because of wanting to put 20% down plus having ample savings after my purchase

Basically no buyers I work with put 20% down. I didn't put 20% down when I bought. Everything is just fine.

You're just gonna have to pay PMI until you have 20% of your mortgage paid.

Back
Top Bottom