Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Nearly 80k….geeez…your space must be huge…I’ve been gradually getting my basement done and so far I’m at about 17k, still need to do the full bath which I’m considering actually doing a sauna/shower instead and will probably run 15-20k, putting in some glass sliding door and probably heated floors with white oak wood….but this is where I’m at 17k in.

I have a steam shower and its worth every penny.. god bless the previous owner that got it installed :nthat:

Nearly 80k….geeez…your space must be huge…I’ve been gradually getting my basement done and so far I’m at about 17k, still need to do the full bath which I’m considering actually doing a sauna/shower instead and will probably run 15-20k, putting in some glass sliding door and probably heated floors with white oak wood….but this is where I’m at 17k in.

Looks nice

But your house has its own Instagram page? Lmao, 2022 different

I think that's his IG page which I have a lot of questions about :lol:
Eh yea I saw what you saw lol but he links a separate house ig page in that post w/the basement video

I know people have ig pages for their pets, and I also know adults that go to Disney without children. These people are lunatics imo, not sure what to make of a home ig page. I’d get it if it was for a business like a contractor or interior designer. Or if it was like an mtv cribs type of place lol

0C2EB414-BC83-445F-8AE6-8C5077808B45.jpeg

Tempted to sell but we don’t want to spend the same in another state

as much as it makes sense for prices to not come down, the prices also don't make sense either to me :lol:
for example this house is from a neighborhood i grew up in, very blue collar and its in the suburbs of los angeles. this house was 100k in the early 90s. now look what they asking

popcorn ceilings :stoneface:

Last edited:
as much as it makes sense for prices to not come down, the prices also don't make sense either to me :lol:
for example this house is from a neighborhood i grew up in, very blue collar and its in the suburbs of los angeles. this house was 100k in the early 90s. now look what they asking

popcorn ceilings :stoneface:
Yeah I feel like anywhere here in LA County is never really gonna be "normal" again

Palmdale and those areas, it's only a matter of time too

Eastvale, Corona, etc. are already getting to these crazy levels

It's just like, good f'n luck to anyone of working class folks trying to buy. "Well off" people can't even find anything

popcorn ceilings are wack... that's the only thing I don't like about my condo... it's from the 80s though so not surprised... my painter quoted me like 5gs to remove I was like no thanks lol

I feel like the housing market prices were always high even back in the day and depending where you live/located it could be more expensive... I remember visiting my aunt like in 2001 in San Jose she said her house is worth one million.... I thought she was joking because she had a ranch with like 3 bedroom 2 full bath and a pool and garage ... house was so simple and basic looking and nothing special....

Eh yea I saw what you saw lol but he links a separate house ig page in that post w/the basement video

I know people have ig pages for their pets, and I also know adults that go to Disney without children. These people are lunatics imo, not sure what to make of a home ig page. I’d get it if it was for a business like a contractor or interior designer. Or if it was like an mtv cribs type of place lol

I just like to document content, always have and building/designing this house from scratch was a huge deal for us, while documenting it, I was actually able to help out a lot of people that reached out thinking of doing the same…not really that serious and I’ve gotten some good stuff from vendors and discounts from my contractor as I was building for pushing his business through that account, I did end up making it private and do t really post much on that account after I was done with the process of building….i forget the nature of NT sometimes tho, so I should know better by now :lol:

I just like to document content, always have and building/designing this house from scratch was a huge deal for us, while documenting it, I was actually able to help out a lot of people that reached out thinking of doing the same…not really that serious and I’ve gotten some good stuff from vendors and discounts from my contractor as I was building for pushing his business through that account, I did end up making it private and do t really post much on that account after I was done with the process of building….i forget the nature of NT sometimes tho, so I should know better by now :lol:
Nice

Influencers gonna influence :nthat:

the before and after is always the best..I renovated my place and my pops helped me a lot with ideas and particularly the floor plan which he designed himself... he's an architect so he's good with drawings.... he basically drew out the floorplan of my place and everytime I wanted furniture he would put it on the floorplan... so it made the vision a lot easier... and best of all I didn't have to measure anything...

the before and after is always the best..I renovated my place and my pops helped me a lot with ideas and particularly the floor plan which he designed himself... he's an architect so he's good with drawings.... he basically drew out the floorplan of my place and everytime I wanted furniture he would put it on the floorplan... so it made the vision a lot easier... and best of all I didn't have to measure anything...

I downloaded this app and basically drew up my own designed….all we had to do was run it by an architect in the end to make sure everything was within code….but the house came out pretty close to how I thought it out…

App is called HomeDesign3D

6CF5C958-E988-449D-9015-317EFDB8998A.png

Alright someone school me on HELOC

What a good rate, terms, etc.

Need to pull around $100k to pay off someone :angry: , and I think that's probably the best option vs cashing out 401ks, Roth, etc.

Been having Zillow and Redfin send me my home estimates every month...

Typically they were always 5k within each other, Zillow usually being the lower

Starting 3 months ago Zillow started jumping up 15k more than Redfin

And then today Zillow jumped up 30k more than Redfin...

There's a unit here for sale in my building that is the same exact floor plan with very similar finishes but without inside washer/dryer that I have.. I can't wait to see what it gets purchased for

It's been pending for about a month now.. and I'm almost certain the purchase price will be more than the list price, which is already way more than I paid less than 2 years ago

I wish there was a way to remove your home from Zillow/Redfin.. I know contractors be searching that and be rubbing their hands like birdman before they show up to bid. :smh:

Idk if I’ve been sleeping but I never heard of this :nerd:

On first thought it sounds just like my friend that does a lil Turo side hustle where he leases a few whips and rents them on Turo. Obviously the dealership wouldn’t want him to do that so what he told me is when you apply for the car lease, you go get as many as you can/want within 30 days and then put em up on Turo. So this idea sounds the same to me- someone else owns the house or car but you make extra by putting it on Airbnb or turo

🤣. 🤡.

“they don’t know how run to a business”

MF. Being a landlord is a business. And good luck finding ANY one who will put that in the lease terms.

That Turo stuff also gets your car repo’d

🤣. 🤡.

“they don’t know how run to a business”

MF. Being a landlord is a business. And good luck finding ANY one who will put that in the lease terms.

That Turo stuff also gets your car repo’d
Haha yeah if I was renting out a crib I wouldn’t want them subleasing it on abnb. But I wonder if a lot of rentals don’t even have anything in the lease about it.

Haha yeah if I was renting out a crib I wouldn’t want them subleasing it on abnb. But I wonder if a lot of rentals don’t even have anything in the lease about it.

To be transparent I got my leases from legal zoom 😂

But the little I read, there was a subsection about non paying house guests staying more than 24 hours or something.

And to be clear my response was to the tik tok guy not you. After reading my response it may be read in that context but I was 100000% talking to the video guy

Back
Top Bottom