Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

You can pull it off in Miami Beach. They have very strict zones, so it’s not easy. That video does exaggerate a bit.

Yeah from what I’ve read Airbnb arbitrage itself is perfectly fine to do as long as Airbnb is allowed in that city or zone which should go without saying, and that the lease allows. Which should also go without saying. Besides that I don’t see anything about it that’s “illegal”

Abnb arbitrage is legal

Most major cities do not allow it

If the permanent residents are handing their entire space to an Airbnb renter for less than 30 days, it's not in NYC.

Also if the space is being rent controlled - it is illegal

Another facet - in certain states you need a license PER home

Last edited:
Have friends who leased a property out to someone who is using it as AirBnb. Seems to be legal where we live in Florida and they are happy because they are receiving more than market rate for the house.

Have some cash burning a hole in my pocket so I went to look at a beach house on Friday. About 45 minutes away - close enough to get to easily but far enough where you feel like you’re out of town. House is listed as 4/2 at $750k. Get there and walk around, but there’s no 4th bedroom. My realtor reaches out to listing agent to see if it was mistake, he says ”no, the dining room could be turned into 4th bedroom if you closed off walls and added closet.” 🙄🙄🙄

We liked the house but thought it was overpriced (especially with no 4th bedroom). My realtor tells listing agent how we liked it but felt it was over priced and would only be interested at $100k less. He calls us back next day and says he has another family interested and could we do $720k. At this point, house has only been on market for two days. Don’t know why he would want to drop price so quick. My guess is that if he is calling us trying to get us to put in offer, there really is no interest at that price. Going to err on the side of not trusting the guy, especially after the 4th bedroom move.

Remodeled my pool area with pebbletec and new pavers

Catch me out here at night blowing trees and letting the stresses of the day fade away

0BB3555E-0414-4940-BD15-2488C384B46B.jpeg
C27DD938-2B62-48DA-9688-3B42A5E6CCED.jpeg

Before- with an ugly *** shark lol. Can’t see but a lot of break down in the stamped concrete.

3F569467-7091-44EC-937C-8AFA7257D08C.jpeg

I love the Florida houses. Ramblers with fatty lanais.
I'm sayin, 20-30 years ago those enclosed pools looked soooo luxurious to me. living in the desolate suburbs of Buffalo NY I figured most ppl in Florida just had outdoor pools.

I'm sayin, 20-30 years ago those enclosed pools looked soooo luxurious to me. living in the desolate suburbs of Buffalo NY I figured most ppl in Florida just had outdoor pools.

yeah it's nice, my grandparents have this big *** door that is basically the whole wall that slides open too so your whole living room can be open on the 36 days a year it's nice enough to not have the ac on. :lol:

plus you can have a nice outdoor kitchen.

Yeah i don’t get it. ^ interested to know also.

Unrelated. Is the market slowing down? Can i possibly buy a place now that these rates are up.

Looking to spend 800-1M in Orange County.

Yeah i don’t get it. ^ interested to know also.

Unrelated. Is the market slowing down? Can i possibly buy a place now that these rates are up.

Looking to spend 800-1M in Orange County.

I wouldn’t think so - my boy in OC (Yorba Linda) bought a property he heard was going on the market for 1M - told the owner he would pay 100k over without an inspection and to keep it off the market.

Best of luck man - I don’t envy looking right now!

Back
Top Bottom