Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Yeah think you will be fine my man 🙏
House on my street sold for 375k listed for 295k June '21. They did a gut reno and added a floor to the property. Not a complete floor because there was second floor with dormers now its regular walls and windows. Listing came out yesterday asking price is 890k. Will def be interesting to see how this sale goes.

House on my street sold for 375k listed for 295k June '21. They did a gut reno and added a floor to the property. Not a complete floor because there was second floor with dormers now its regular walls and windows. Listing came out yesterday asking price is 890k. Will def be interesting to see how this sale goes.

That’s the house down the street from me - sold for 800k - listing is 1.4 and no movement in 30ish days

Currently in escrow for a Condo and the appraisal just came back. 10K over the purchase price. I'll take it. :lol:
Where you at? In DC they are going for less than selling price. I’m some cases sellers have been paying closing. This has been going on since before the rate increases.

appraisal came back $7k over purchase price. nice. almost all wrapped up with so far it’s been smooth. From the repair request they took care of all the minor repairs and they’re throwing in $500. The father of the family (the sellers) of the house is a mechanical engineer and his dad is a home inspector…they got to the stuff that would of taken me months. After some thought we decided we’re just gonna do maintenance on the hvac and not replace it.

Got conditional approval for a HELOC. Now in the appraisal phase. Anyone have experience or tips? House is less than 2 years old so wondering if they'll do a home visit or just look at recent sales comps. Only issue is on the exterior with the grass (pet spots) which will be torn up to extend the patio.

Got conditional approval for a HELOC. Now in the appraisal phase. Anyone have experience or tips? House is less than 2 years old so wondering if they'll do a home visit or just look at recent sales comps. Only issue is on the exterior with the grass (pet spots) which will be torn up to extend the patio.

Those pet spots will not affect the price. They are looking at big picture things, not a couple of scuffs on the baseboards or torn up patch in the yard. If you haven’t made any major improvements, they may not do home visit.

Credit union came out for us. BofA Just gave me one

This home buying process nuts lol so many reports. Got back a termite report - all clear. Submitted some final paperwork all signs looking clear for the 8/6 close. Woohoo (minus the now i can’t quit my job part)

Agreed those little things don’t mean anything. We did a HELOC a few months ago. There’s 3 types of appraisals apparently. 1. A computer generated one. That will spit out some number based on trends and recent home sales. If that one dosent give you enough borrowing power there’s a hybrid version. 2. Appraiser uses the computer generated one and comes out to your house but does a drive by. Both of those were covered by our bank. If the second one dosent do it then the third is a full appraisal that we would’ve had to pay for.

The second one did the trick. Came back 300k over what we paid.

Thanks for the insight. I got the official credit approval notice for the limit I requested, now it comes down to the appraisal. And the HOA needs to stop dragging their feet on approving my plans... Need their approval before I can lock in contractor. Hopefully get the patio done to use in the fall.

Well, I am going solar...

Screenshot_20220728-075734_Ameren.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-080610_Ameren.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-080731_Calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-080750_Calculator.jpg

Gonna cost 50k to get it done, but it will pay for itself in less than 15 years at this rate, and the rates are going up...

Also make sure you're in an optimal spot to really get the benefit. We've had several consults and it is almost not worth it. These energy bills are ridiculous though. How many sqft is your home? We need some regulations on this crap or something.

Well, I am going solar...

Screenshot_20220728-075734_Ameren.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-080610_Ameren.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-080731_Calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-080750_Calculator.jpg

Gonna cost 50k to get it done, but it will pay for itself in less than 15 years at this rate, and the rates are going up...
You mining bitcoin or something? Why is your bill so high? Mine was 80$ this month and I keep my house 73 degrees and it's been as high as 110 outside. Well this apartment is small but when I was in a house 2x as big I was averaging maybe 150 to 200 on a bad month.

I was looking into solar with a battery backup. We’ve been getting these random power outages that can last for a few hours. Annoying especially when they only impact my street.

I was looking into solar with a battery backup. We’ve been getting these random power outages that can last for a few hours. Annoying especially when they only impact my street.
have you looked into a generator?

Back
Top Bottom