Homesick vol college is killing me

so reflecting back on what ive experienced my freshman year so far, i discovered i'm not a partier, i'm a loner, and i realized how much i love my family n friends.
i'm doing good in school n everything, i have friends that hit me up to hang but if im not with my family or my close friends back home im not happy. I feel that i will never make a stronger bond than what i have at home. wat am i doing wrong.
i honestly cried more this past couple months than i have in the past 5 or 6 years of my life from missing family n firends, and im not a softie. i know i should be here because itll be better for me in the future but i honestly dont think i can live another 3 years at a place where i dont consider a single person a true friend no matter how much i try.

Suck it up
laugh.gif
I'm 2,000 miles away from home and haven't been back since August.

It's always like that freshman year...you'll open up more sophmore year and it will be the most fun you ever have. Cheer up bucko! 
happy.gif

you might not make a stronger bond, but the ones you could make in college could prove just as vital.

it sounds like you just need to not overthink the situation (because obviously that's not healthy) and just go out. i ended a serious relationship last summer and became a hermit. work, groceries, home, that was it. i just didn't want to go out and be reminded of things. then i saw Ice Cube was coming to town and that snapped me out of my funk. i'm out again, bars, parties, shenanigans, the works.

i wasted so much effing time wallowing in what i didn't have instead of what i could be doing and blam, that's like 6 months i'll never get back.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Suck it up
laugh.gif
I'm 2,000 miles away from home and haven't been back since August.

im only 4 hours away and i have to force myself to stay at school sometimes when i think ive been going home too much. i dont know how u do it.

It is ok OP. Just remember why you are there. You will eventually get to go back home. Nothing you can do about it man. Just enjoy life where you are. I am sure a few people from back home would die to have your opportunity. So just hang in there man. There will be brighter days.

Get a job if you haven't already.
Play sports.
Get into school activities/groups.

There are a lot of things you can do to meet new people and to keep your mind away from being bored/lonely.

You're in college for the education. Focus on your studies and once you're done, you're free to do whatever you want. If this really bothers you, join organizations that have the same interests as you and maybe you meet people whom you can truly be friends with.

You must step out of your comfort zone to better yourself. If your family allows you to come back they truly do not want the best for you. Grow up, get your degree, the go home and trick off

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It is ok OP. Just remember why you are there. You will eventually get to go back home. Nothing you can do about it man. Just enjoy life where you are. I am sure a few people from back home would die to have your opportunity. So just hang in there man. There will be brighter days.

Get a job if you haven't already.
Play sports.
Get into school activities/groups.

There are a lot of things you can do to meet new people and to keep your mind away from being bored/lonely.
i play football, and i actually am pretty good. started 3 games this year. but thats another thing, i honestly think that the football team hates me. i will walk by some teammates on the way to class and some wont even acknowledge my existence. but i just said f it and branched out, i just dont feel i match this environment. i dont drink or party n may be like the only arab muslim in the school. theres other muslims, but those guys are weird and do nothing but study. wen im home i go out n party n stuff, but wen i go to the parties here i just dont enjoy myself.

The internet is a horrible place for people like you. Especially a messageboard, makes you feel like you have friends when you don't. Go outside and strike up a random convo with someone. Whether it be about a book,clothing,music...or dare I say compliment a female on her shoes and see what happens from there. If you start having sex let's see how much you miss watching Rugrats reruns with your little bro.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

The internet is a horrible place for people like you. Especially a messageboard, makes you feel like you have friends when you don't. Go outside and strike up a random convo with someone. Whether it be about a book,clothing,music...or dare I say compliment a female on her shoes and see what happens from there. If you start having sex let's see how much you miss watching Rugrats reruns with your little bro.
lol, i may have exaggerated my situation a bit. i have friends and i do talk to people, im def not socially awkward. i think id just rather be alone.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

lol, i may have exaggerated my situation a bit. i have friends and i do talk to people, im def not socially awkward. i think id just rather be alone.

denial

Join organizations and step out your comfort zone.

Took me almost 2 years to realize this.

victoria_nile.gif

It happens man, you'll adjust. It's tough for someone to adjust that quickly.

I go to school 14 hours from home, but it never phased me, I love the separation.

Keep your head up OP

Originally Posted by MrBrown

denial
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

start partying, get drunk, get laid and D's=diploma

you will thank me or otherwise your life will stay this way and you will be the virgin on eHarmony going on a million awkward first dates

Back
Top Bottom