Hoopin in Jordans....

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

Retro's are for casual wear...it's a 20 + year old old design after all. You will never beat the comfort and durability of the newer J's for ball, so I don't even bother trying anymore.

This^^ why play ball in shoes with old technology. And OP retros are made for casual use, its a sad but true fact.

Retro's are for casual wear...it's a 20 + year old old design after all. You will never beat the comfort and durability of the newer J's for ball, so I don't even bother trying anymore.

This^^ why play ball in shoes with old technology. And OP retros are made for casual use, its a sad but true fact.

the xx2's r surprisingly real comfortable to ball in. especially with the interchangeable support.

the xx2's r surprisingly real comfortable to ball in. especially with the interchangeable support.

Having played ball in all of the numbered Jordans from 3-23, my favorites and not so favorites (the ones I did not mention are middle of the road in terms of performance):

3 thru 5- Not so great, old, cushioning was sub-par (good for their time, but not in the face of the newer Jordans)

XI- Overrated. Uppers not very sturdy, good shoe overall tho for hoops.

XII, XIII, and XIV- I found these excellent for hooping, especially the XIV. 3 of my favorites to play in in terms of comfort and overall performance.

XVI- did not like, poor traction.

XVII, XVIII, XIX - all 3 are great, with the edge going to the XVIII (great zoom air setup and good traction). XIX are ugly, but a great performer as well, minus the awful lacing system.

XX, XX2 - also very good ball shoes, comfortable and good traction. I would say the XX2 are probably the best Jordan overall to play ball in.

Having played ball in all of the numbered Jordans from 3-23, my favorites and not so favorites (the ones I did not mention are middle of the road in terms of performance):

3 thru 5- Not so great, old, cushioning was sub-par (good for their time, but not in the face of the newer Jordans)

XII, XIII, and XIV- I found these excellent for hooping, especially the XIV. 3 of my favorites to play in in terms of comfort and overall performance.

XVII, XVIII, XIX - all 3 are great, with the edge going to the XVIII (great zoom air setup and good traction). XIX are ugly, but a great performer as well, minus the awful lacing system.

XX, XX2 - also very good ball shoes, comfortable and good traction. I would say the XX2 are probably the best Jordan overall to play ball in.

In the past year I have ball in my..

-XII (flints)
-XIX (low)
-X (steel)

I almost beat all of them to death..

In the past year I have ball in my..

-XII (flints)
-XIX (low)
-X (steel)

I almost beat all of them to death..

Back
Top Bottom