Hou @ Dallas Mon 11/5 (Rockets going for 4-0)

Surprising Japan shares that kind of logic.

In every WARRIORS or NBA related thread he usually breaks it down in depth with page essays. :lol:
laugh.gif

When the Mavs squeak out a win against the Rockets, it's this ref nonsense.

Good thing the Rockets didn't win.

Or I'd have to read about injuries, refs, it's only the fourth game of the season no biggie, refs, T-Mac still hasn't gotten out of the first round, oh and damn those refs for all these nonsense calls even though we were the home team. What were those refs doing?!. :lol:
laugh.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Just to set the facts straight, I quoted someone on RealGM boards, a Rockets fan. My own fault for not quoting that.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

I didn't see your edit, so I thought you were implying that the only reason the Rockets were even in this game, was because of the refs.

Which would be out of character for you, hence why I posted what I posted. So, yeah.

Quote:
What about Yao? Where was he tonight? It's not that hard to run offense for a big man.

The Mavs had no answer for Yao, and it was unfortunate the Rockets didn't go more to him in the 2nd half. He was killing it out there.

Quote:
I don't buy the whole "we're adjusting to our offense," gig because look how long it took for the Suns to get into their groove with Nash. Albeit Nash turned out to be a great ball handler, he wasn't like that in Dallas, never was, but the offense just clicked. Blaming the game on your guys not being used to the offense? Meh.
ing 5 is the same, but there's 3 new guys coming off the bench for the Rockets. Bonzi who didn't play last year, Scola who's only played 4 NBA games thus far, and Mike James. No doubt though, they look good so far. T-Mac is the barometer for that. He's the proof.

As for the game, as with EVERY Rockets/Mavericks game it comes down to:

T-Mac is going to get his. He always has. Dirk no matter how much he struggles shooting the rock, he usually gets his, pointwise when it's all said and done. They nullify each other.

Yao is going to get his. Nobody on the Mavs can guard him. Not Diop. Not Dampier. The only way Yao is limited is if he gets into foul trouble.

JET. JET always gets his against the Rockets. I'm still traumatized from the playoffs two years ago, as he was the Rockets killer in that series. Houston didn't have an answer for him. They didn't have an answer for him tonight, either.

So Yao + T-Mac = JET + Dirk

It all comes down to everybody else, then.

All I'm saying is, I like the Rockets chances better this year, with Wells, Scola and James than last year's pieces of Dikembe, Juwan and Head.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Oh definitely man, I agree you guys are much better than last year, but Mavericks have gotten better also, no more cancer in Greg Buckner, and Austin Croshere, and in their place we actually got value. I mean, repalce those two with Brandon Bass (who had a good game in preseason against yall :wink:
wink.gif
509333001_f3dd1bdabe.jpg
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Quote:
That's from the prespective of a Rockets fan, I think he hits the nail on the head. Take out all five of our starters, Dirk, J-Ho, Devin, George, and Dampier, for a significant portion of the game, T-Mac scores up there, and Maverick still win. If Dirk and Josh weren't in such early foul trouble throughout the game, then this would have went a different way. Houston just couldn't knock down shots, and I 'd like to attribuite (sp?) that to Dallas' defense, but I know some think that Dallas STILL doesn't have any defense.. When we're healthy, we have so many more options, and we're still doing VERY well without a healthy team.

So basically you're saying if Dirk and Josh weren't in so much foul trouble, it'd be a different story?

Well then, let me say that T-Mac went 4-12 in the 2nd half. Yao only had a total of TWELVE total shots. Yet he went 9-12 and finished with 21 points. If the Rockets went to Yao more in the 2nd half, then hey, maybe the Mavericks don't win by 9. Maybe they lose by 6.

What's the point of trying to make points like this?

Woulda coulda shouldas.

Or wait.

Bonzi isn't the Bonzi we've all come to known, so it's only the 4th game of the season. If Bonzi plays like half the player we know Bonzi is capable of, and if this is the 53rd game of the season in Scola's NBA career instead of his 4th, then they're more of a factor in the game, and this game would have been different.

Or wait.

If JET wasn't as hot as he was, the Mavs don't even win this game, and instead it's the Rockets winning by 9 taking into account Dirk's shooting woes.

Again, what's the point of all this?

Quote:
If Dirk and Josh weren't in such early foul trouble throughout the game, then this would have went a different way.

Quote:
Problem for the Rockets? Fourth quarter execution primarily, as well as team chemistry.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

My whole point with the foul trouble is that the Mavericks were able to execute with J-Ho/Dirk sitting on the bench. It's an obvious plus to have your two best players playing in the game, I know it's all what-if's, but what DID happen was that Dirk and Josh both sat with foul trouble and the Rockets didn't run away with the game, our bench did well and kept us in the game.

What I meant by chemistry is the ebb and flow of playing together where they don't lose momentum throughout the game like some teams do, especially executing late in the game. The Mavericks, Spurs, Suns (and throwing them out there), the Pistons all play very well together regardless of who's on the floor, they all play very good team basketball throughout the entire game.

It will be interesting to see the transformation of the new offense for the Rockets, but something they need to identify is their roles. Maybe it's just me, but Mike James and Rafer have looked a bit lost at times during these games. Will that come with time? Maybe, maybe not.

Is it just me, or is Scola not getting much PT? I see him out there every now and then, but he doesn't seem to do much, I'm sure he's having to make the transition between international basketball and the NBA, and he will probably develop into what the Rockets imagined him to be, but I'd just expect him to start if they had such high hopes for him.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong​

I'm convinced the Rockets didn't stand a chance after Jason Terry went on that 10-0 run by HIMSELF towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

I'm a JET fan, honestly.

But, I hate him against the Rockets.

DIE JET DIE
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Quote:
I know it's all what-if's, but what DID happen was that Dirk and Josh both sat with foul trouble and the Rockets didn't run away with the game, our bench did well and kept us in the game.

Dallas has always been one of the deeper teams in the league, so, no surprise there. Their roster is always stacked.

Quote:
Is it just me, or is Scola not getting much PT? I see him out there every now and then, but he doesn't seem to do much, I'm sure he's having to make the transition between international basketball and the NBA, and he will probably develop into what the Rockets imagined him to be, but I'd just expect him to start if they had such high hopes for him.
ing 5.

That's why Alston + Hayes start.

Yao + T-Mac are the focal poitns of the offense. Hayes brings the defense and the rebounding. Alston isn't looked upon to score, just to run the offense.

Then the second unit comes in which consists of a mix of Scola, Wells, James and Head. They're supposed to spark the offense for the second unit.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Seeing JET go on that run definitely encouraged the team. You can agree or disagree on Dirk being the best player, J-Ho being the second best, and JET being third, but I think it's clear that JET is the heart of this team (even though Dirk has been there his entire career [excluding 5 minutes in Milwaukee :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

Ignoring this game but....

Is T-Mac back??

I've seen every game from him this season except this one, and I can't help but notice that he looks like the T-Mac of old. Is he healthy and is he back... or is it in my imagination? :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DMV / Nuggets Fan
"Young Body, Old Soul" - The Double LP Debut. Coming Soon...
O.G. Member #1​

He's back. And healthy.

He's back to his old ways of attacking the basket and such. As a result, he's getting to the line more. And the difference this year, so far anyway, he's hitting 85% a clip from the line. Compared to 70% from last year.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Meh, i dont care if tmac dropped 600 points on dallas. I rather him get everyone else involved tonight than jack up shots. Tmac is my favorite player and i know him best when he dishes it out when time is needed. That makes him different from a similar guard in the league.

12-31 is unacceptable. 8 dishes was fine, but he coulda got a double double if he looked for Yao more often then not in the second half.

In the end, Houston lost to Dallas, Dallas lost to Atlanta, in the end were both 3-1 and behind spurs...speaking of the spurs...Rockets play them tonight.

Southwest division
Hornets 3-0
Spurs 3-0
Dallas 3-1
Rockets 3-1

memphis 0-2

what a tough division
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Quote:
yes and u beat a team just one month into learning their offense and 4 games into a reg. season. congratulations.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
ed making these championship runs. Yao is better than any player Dirk has ever
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

^ it would b/c they're adjusting. so for them to win against a team running their offense for years vs us running it after one month, it wouln't meant a lot? b/c this team will be much better 3-4 months from now.

yao has been talking about how he's still struggling mightily adjusting to this offense right now. he has spoken up abuout that 2x already. he said he already has talked to adelman and adelman is still adjusting to him. he never had a low post guy like yao.

and apparently from the houston chronicle, nobody on this team outside of tmac is pikcing up this offense fast enough, hence tmac is being asked to carry the scoring load until everybody catches up. when they do, tmac won't score this much anymore b/c he does not have to. he's taking 25 shots a game right now. that's too much.

but apparently he has to since no one on this team is capable of learning the offense yet. we're just basically riding tmac through this tough tough stretch early in the month.

Quote:
T-Mac usually goes off against Dallas

Dude scores a bunch of point in the first three quarters then bricklays in the fourth.

He's done that the last two years.

Quote:
So Dirk is a SF in a PF body...Who cares? Laugh at him all you want, but when it comes down to it, his playoff and big game resume > Tracy's. Cut that up any way you want, but it's fact.

I love how dudes ALWAYS want to drag on and on about how Dirk is surrounded by so much talent, but Jason Terry ain't never seen an AS team. Josh Howard only got there as a replacement. Dirk has played with one (ONE!) legitimate All-Star since Dallas started making these championship runs. Yao is better than any player Dirk has ever played with, and Tracy still ain't seen the second round...Some of you seriously have very little idea about anything you speak of. You know who you are.

Co-sign,

And what's crazy is that people act like Josh and Jet are all-world and never mess up. Like I said earlier I love me some JET but dude is probably the only dude played way worse than Dirk against GS last year but because it's JET no one cares. Josh is good for scoring 20 in the first half and 2 in the second.

How to contain JET?
Easy bring in the franchise
Quote:
If cats was really fly like they believe themselves to be, They wouldn't be so dependent on "exclusives"...

Quote:
and yao ming is better than nash + finley?

no, but Shane Battier and Yao Ming>Nash(remember, pre-MVP nash, nash who only put up 15 and 7 and Finley.

Believe it or not, Tmac has help, you just like to slup Tmac and make it seem as if he win games 1 on 5. But hey, having the best center in the league isn't enough. You'd definately rather have a 18 and 6 player than a 26 and 10 player.

Yao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard

Hell, you can even argue that Yao is > Dirk, or hell, even Tmac for that matter.
Quote:
Comparing losers, eh?
laugh.gif
shoes4life2 stated on August 3rd, 2006:​
Quote:
If the Bulls don't finish with the a #2 seed or higher(record wise), I'll never hype up any of my teams ever again on here.

I also love the whole Dirk > T-Mac thing.

I love how Dallas fans get hyped up thinking their team is one of the elite teams in the league (they ARE) but fail to realize that they're not THAT much better than the Rockets. :lol:
laugh.gif

2 years ago in the playoffs, it went to 7 games.

EVery game really it's been a battle.

They can play each other a 100 times, and both teams might win 50. Give or take a few games.

Or I love how Dallas fans try to justify T-Mac has Yao, and Yao > anybody Dirk has ever played against.

laugh.gif

That may be true, but look at Dirk's squad every year. His team is stacked year in and year out. If he doesn't do well against the Rockets, which he usually doesn't (Ryan Bowen, Shane Battier, and T-Mac has shut him down time after time) he has a TEAM that helps him out.

That's what it's all about. Good for you Dirk.

All these petty arguements is stupid.

Yao > Everybody Dirk has, T-Mac has never gotten into the second round, blah blah blah.

THat's like me rehashing how the Warriors straight ran the Mavs out the gym AS AN 8 SEED. How the Mavs choked as a 1 SEED.

What's the point? What does it prove?

Whatever though. :lol:
laugh.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Charles Barkley is a loser too then? :frown:
frown.gif
ers, but hey, a loss is a loss.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong​

It's all about championships, that's what it comes down to at the end of the day.

To say Dirk this, Dirk that, when you're comparing him to T-Mac doesn't matter.

What has Dirk done?

"Hey, at least Dirk got out of the first round."

Congratulations, Dirk.

T-Mac has won scoring titles?

So what, right? What does it prove?

Nothing really.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Quote:
It's all about championships, that's what it comes down to at the end of the day.

To say Dirk this, Dirk that, when you're comparing him to T-Mac doesn't matter.

What has Dirk done?

"Hey, at least Dirk got out of the first round."

Congratulations, Dirk.

T-Mac has won scoring titles?

So what, right? What does it prove?

Nothing really.

I agree I just like arguing with NT's resident TMAC rider.

Back
Top Bottom