House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by Rick2345

How limited are the Big Nike "Lil Dez" ? so i can know wether to just wait for them to pop up on ebay and pay like 20-30 bucks extra or just ask Rapido to please hook it up with a 9 cause these are dope to me
Might as well get them from Rapido and tip him the 20-30.

After all he deserves that for all he's done around here.
pimp.gif

very true ! PMing Rapido

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

please make those pics bigger.thanks.

Rock- 100% agreed. HOH was once something original,and special (if you want to use that word). With all these HOHs opening, the originality is disappearing and all it will become is regular footlocker stores. Opening up two HOHs in the

same city is stupid,especially in NJ (no hate on NJ) but just saying. I understand if big markets like Cali and NY get 2 HOHs,but still,ONE is enough.

and for the point on about limited kicks Rock, i agree also. People see that "limited" tag,they WANT that shoe even more, its just natural (i guess
grin.gif
). Nike should stop while they're ahead and they should have just placed an HOH in the key parts

of the world/U.S. (NY,LA, Chicago,Florida,Houston,DMV). East coast customers are not far from NY nor DMV,depending on location. Houston, Florida,and Chicago are on their own in their surrounding areas. Cali, I understand why there would

be 2 HOHs there,but anythnig more than 2 is pointless. As far as HOHs worldwide go, London is a good start. Germany would be good, as well as a couple in Asia (although they already get most "HOH exclusives")

As far as Nike "helping" with limited shoes, i think they do also. We're all on here helping eachother out. As rock mentioned, through trades,selling, pick-ups and so on. Some people hate the concept of things being limitied,bu thats the way it

is. not only for shoes but for clothing,toys,cars,etc.

Nike/Footlocker please stop building HOHs
I do agree with you about being to many. But in California we have the one in LA (Beverly hills) was the worst idea ever location wise!!! It isimpossible to get to with the traffic in all.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
I don't mind one in San Fran because they are like 600 miles apart.

Downy.. dont get me wrong... I am more than happy more folks are able to get the PEs and limited releases... BUT on the logical side of things you have torealize.. a bigger part of the buying population LOVES being able to get what's limted. Its a way of life.

Some folks (myself included) just dont really like wearin what everyone else has on. Call me an elitist.. but I either wear (and have done this for years..) ashoe months before it releases or months and months after everyone else has worn theirs to the ground.. OR just wear what no one else has.

However... I dont consider myself the Hypebeast.. because if I cant get it I cant... Oh well.

However.. there is a Marketing aspect to this that Nike could do in order to keep HoH relevant and different, because its like Honda selling cars alreadysupped up they didn't realize.. half the love of a Honda was getting it and supping it up yourself...

For Nike Loyalist and PE lovers.. half the fun is the hunt unless its impossible like Yeezys and such.

When HoH's get put all over and people can all get to them without ebay or websites reselling or our friends hooking us up.. those shoes will sit onshelves longer and longer....and you are right.. this is Footlocker in partnership with Nike... not just Nike.. but Footlocker needs to see this as well.

I sure as hell aint giving how they could execute that on here... for obvious reasons...

Yeah.. I dont get the Dallas getting two.. cause Dallas aint that big unless Fort Worth is the other.. but even then.. it aint that far....Thats a Footlockerthing though.. Not Nike...

rock- i see where you're coming from. you've made alot of great points on the direction each HoH should take and cater to their specific market. Theone thing I don't get is there are currently less than 10 HoHs nationwide, not sure what the plans are for future expansion but from the map i saw itdidn't seem like there were more than 20 currently planned. At that rate you're not going to have many people wearing the same shoe as you. Say theyopen 20 HoHs and each releases 100 pairs of a certain shoe, thats only 2,000 pairs....in my book, and in previous releases thats limited.

The difference is some of these releases are not necessarily casual wear type shoes, which diminishes the appeal to what some call "hypebeast," andbecause of this some shoes don't fly off shelves i.e. zoom flight club PEs, Hypermax PEs etc.

I am a nike loyalist and love to get my hands on PEs. I just don't want to spend the dough or get involved in the underground PE scene, which is probablywhy I love being able to swing by HoH when I'm in NYC and pick up a pair of Mayo Flight Clubs. Sure most PE collectors wouldn't consider these PEs, butthats fine in my book.

At the end of the day, I hope Nike/FTL steals some of your ideas Rock. If they don't, in a couple of years when they have over flowing stockrooms at theirHoHs they'll wish they had.

edit- one last thing... The comparison between old FA exclusives and current HoH release is rather funny to me considering alot of those old FA releases areclassics now. voltage foams anyone?

^^ Hey Downy... my other thought was.. with the way HoH is going.. too many Non interesting releases are sitting on shelves... If things are going to sit onshelves they might as well be a regular Footlocker.. why use a Exclusive store to ALSO have inventory just sitting around?

HoH should be like a Saks.. a rare place to find in a mall and just great prestine releases...

As far as there only being 20 HoHs...and not having many wear what Im wearing.. they only need ONE HoH near where I live in the DMV for me to see thathappen...lol...

Now the folks in Iowa and Montana will still be like its always been... not able to get the good stuff and wondering what it would be like.

You're right, there really is no need for HoH branded stores. At least that should be the case, however, there are tooooooooo many new "sneakerheads" that like shiny new shoe boutique/shops. Gotta make these guys feel special by saying they picked up the latest HoH exclusive instead of aFootlocker exclusive. Lets be honest, the footlocker brand is stale and not many of us even go there unless there is a F&F or EA sale, which means we atmost shop there 2-3 times a year. Need to create excitement around the footlocker brand.

You'll be fine in the dmv considering everyone always wears the same 99X New Balance or Nike boots...with the exception of the young bucks that put awaytheir long tees and baggy jeans from two years ago and are now wearing skinny jeans and vans or some bright colored nikes.

i like wearing shoes that others don't have, butthe way Nike floods the market these days that is tough to accomplish unless you pull out something fromseveral years ago (and I can't even do that since most of my collection is back in Cali)

HoH should be like a Saks.. a rare place to find in a mall and just great prestine releases...
That pretty much sums it up and I do think they're trying to get there. They just need to rethink what they are releasing

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

edit- one last thing... The comparison between old FA exclusives and current HoH release is rather funny to me considering alot of those old FA releases are classics now. voltage foams anyone?

all in due time yes.... but from a business point of view in FA shoes, they were not making a killing on FA exclusives on release. After a couple years and alltheir pairs have been liquidated and people have beat their sale shoes up a handful of DS pairs that are aesthetically pleasing will sell yes. But this doesnot help FA. It's like the same type of scenario for HOH. This discussion is from the retailer standpoint and the overall sales direction of Nike, not thecustomer. Edit: HOH in SF is a smart move though. Can't wait, don't really see myself buying much though..

Originally Posted by macgyver35

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

edit- one last thing... The comparison between old FA exclusives and current HoH release is rather funny to me considering alot of those old FA releases are classics now. voltage foams anyone?

all in due time yes.... but from a business point of view in FA shoes, they were not making a killing on FA exclusives on release. After a couple years and all their pairs have been liquidated and people have beat their sale shoes up a handful of DS pairs that are aesthetically pleasing will sell yes. But this does not help FA. It's like the same type of scenario for HOH. This discussion is from the retailer standpoint and the overall sales direction of Nike, not the customer. Edit: HOH in SF is a smart move though. Can't wait, don't really see myself buying much though..
Can't really make a an argument from a retailers perspective considering I don't know the financials behind the HoH stores. From anoutsiders perspective it seems like they aren't doing too well considering alot of stuff is sitting. One would hope they've taken a hard look at thefinancials and are opening more HoHs with success in mind. As always Niketalk will assume something is not going well, yet they don't know the actualnumbers behind it all. Similar to how everyone always claims JB will cease to exist after every horrible release that doesn't sell out on the first day yettheir shoes are always top sellers every month, and that includes their team Jordan releases.

I agree that HoH should be limited to a few locations and focus on limited shoes... specifically PEs.

They are spreading themselves thin and losing the appeal. Not that they were hot exclusives, but the regular Footlockers got the Blue Chip and Flight Club PEstoo.

Maybe they'll start doing more regional only releases though like the Kryptonite Flightposites with the teams and players for those regions.

I did man, but I had seen you throw out a "Let's Go Yankees" chant so I ignored your PM.
laugh.gif

Just playing man...I haven't even gotten to my PMs recently. I'm checking them now.

Originally Posted by searchin4js

Originally Posted by air max 87

so now you dont like them cause they arent limited
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Why should he? The limited releases is the only thing that seperates HOH stores from a regular Footlocker.

thanks man, he basically answered the question.

and basically Rock summed it up for me.. i dont like wearing shoes that everyone else have. i just buy certain ones. if you guys call that being a hypebeast,then wateva.

and honestly I think when nike does release certain shoes as GR's they ARE HELPING me on making my decision on NOT buying a shoe.

and air max 87 just because a shoe isn't limited doesn't mean that i dont like the shoe any less or more, it just gives it more appeal to buy the kixIMO.

but yea like i said the hoh rep said they are not planning to open many hoh because they want to keep it as exclusive as possible

Originally Posted by Hugo

but yea like i said the hoh rep said they are not planning to open many hoh because they want to keep it as exclusive as possible

Not true they will be 30 HOH Locations in the Nation within 2 years from now, the intial plan was 50 Locations but due to the rough economy NIKE/FOOTLOCKERscale it down to 30...

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Lil Dez Big Nike drops tomorrow at HOH.

BigNikeLilDez3.jpg

WHO CAN COME THRU WITH A SIZE 12 ????

IF YOU KNOW ME , YOU KNOW WHY I " NEED " THESE BADLY.

FRANK - I hit you up , if you dont remember my number its the 408 one, HOLLA back at me ...

and

RAPIDO - holla at me if you can help me out also.

ehhh will only cop those lil dezs if they still around by sunday when i go for 4rings. other then that not worth it to go out my way for imo

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Found this interview on iss with the chairman of footlocker talking house of hoops

Restoring the Locker
MEREDITH DERBY
July 21, 2008
NEW YORK - Matthew Serra is a bit bleary-eyed.

FN: What's the latest update on House of Hoops, which you've said could potentially support as many as 50 stores?

MS: The store on 125th Street in Harlem is doing well. Nike has really supported us. We're planning to open between four and six more stores this year. We expect to open one in Chicago, one in Texas and possibly [in] Las Vegas. We expect to increase sharply the [existing] House of Hoops business in all the Foot Locker stores, and you'll be able to identify key trends in basketball faster. While the basketball business [overall] is not good in America, our basketball business remains good. It's not a secret we have a very large basketball business, and worldwide we are approximately a billion-dollar basketball business. So we're clearly the leader.
Part of an interview posted in August '08.

^6 the Buzz is goin to kill the business if they dont watch how they execute the business model...

i dont like wearing shoes that everyone else have. i just buy certain ones. if you guys call that being a hypebeast, then wateva.
I don't know if its being a hypebeast but it something. I get what your saying somewhat but if you like a sneak who cares if you everybodycops them?

Originally Posted by MJ23KB24LB23

Originally Posted by Hugo

Not true they will be 30 HOH Locations in the Nation within 2 years from now, the intial plan was 50 Locations but due to the rough economy NIKE/FOOTLOCKER scale it down to 30...
30 is way too many, 15-20 max...I don't understand why Texas has two? That doesn't make sense. They need to spread them apart and justleave it, too many and the buzz will get killed. They're getting greedy now

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

i dont like wearing shoes that everyone else have. i just buy certain ones. if you guys call that being a hypebeast, then wateva.
I don't know if its being a hypebeast but it something. I get what your saying somewhat but if you like a sneak who cares if you everybody cops them?

honestly I just wanna be different, wanna be unique..

at the end of the day, it ultimately helps me, i can name a handful of kix i didn't buy because they are GR, Volt uptempo's silver half cents, Griffeysand etc. I love em to death.
but just couldn't do it.. but you won't hear any complaints from me, its just helps me save some dough lol
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom