House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

Haha, did you just bring out a line from a corrupt cop?

It's sneakers, not drugs and murder. We've seen numerous releases that were botched for most people, and we'll see hundreds more. It's all dustin the wind, especially if/when they start opening more HoH stores.

roll.gif
^^^ its what you can prove.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It comes down to this in the bigger picture. The higher ups at Nike who are in charge of what happens when their products get released at the House of Hoopsknow whats going to happen. This is about stirring up controversy and hyping up their products. When they release 24 pairs of a shoe like the hyperdunks orJordan VIII PE's they dont care what happens as long as it helps them advertise and sell in the long run.

They do release NYC PE's for the local fans but they make no attempt to cater to Ray Allen fans or Kobe Bryant fans with this release and his appearancelast december.

They could just as easily find local venues in LA, Boston, Chi, ect. to launch these products and control them much better. They want to create buzz for theHouse of Hoops and test the buisiness approach to see if it makes $$$$$. Nike doesnt care about anyone here, nobody is blind to that.

If you want proof then call the House of Hoops, ask some questions, drop in the store. Look at the facts and how they run these releases. Then look at thehands that hold these shoes and the same people who are selling the PE's online everytime.

People can blame the employees if they want, but thats neglecting the bigger picture.
Thats not where I would point my finger.

I just figured I would give some insight on my experiences. I went when it opened in Nov, I've put plenty into their registers in the past half year.

I dont sell shoes and I'm not trying to making a living off it, so I cant be there everyday.

Were all captives to Nike and theres not much to do about it.

Hound, hustle or keep your bank up if you want some shoes. Thats the moral of the story.

Otherwise were going to need to create a new section on NikeTalk for shoe therapy where everyone can go and vent about how they didnt get this or that and allthats unfair for poeple who want to by some nikes.

Unfair is gas prices, food prices, darfur and Sean Bell. A war where poeple come home without arms and legs, depressed and mentaly ill, in caskets.

Some info and some insight, take it or leave it, but what you know does matter.

Originally Posted by ucjb2

It comes down to this in the bigger picture. The higher ups at Nike who are in charge of what happens when their products get released at the House of Hoops know whats going to happen. This is about stirring up controversy and hyping up their products. When they release 24 pairs of a shoe like the hyperdunks or Jordan VIII PE's they dont care what happens as long as it helps them advertise and sell in the long run.

They do release NYC PE's for the local fans but they make no attempt to cater to Ray Allen fans or Kobe Bryant fans with this release and his appearance last december.

They could just as easily find local venues in LA, Boston, Chi, ect. to launch these products and control them much better. They want to create buzz for the House of Hoops and test the buisiness approach to see if it makes $$$$$. Nike doesnt care about anyone here, nobody is blind to that.

If you want proof then call the House of Hoops, ask some questions, drop in the store. Look at the facts and how they run these releases. Then look at the hands that hold these shoes and the same people who are selling the PE's online everytime.

People can blame the employees if they want, but thats neglecting the bigger picture.

I just figured I would give some insight on my experiences. I went when it opened in Nov, I've put plenty into their registers in the past half year.

I dont sell shoes and I'm not trying to making a living off it, so I cant be there everyday.

Hound, hustle or keep your bank up if you want some shoes. Thats the moral of the story.

Otherwise were going to need to create a new section on NikeTalk for shoe therapy where everyone can go and vent about how they didnt get this or that and all thats unfair for poeple who want to by some nikes.

Unfair is gas prices, food prices, darfur and Sean Bell. A war where poeple come home without arms and legs, depressed and mentaly ill, in caskets.

PREACH
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

It comes down to this in the bigger picture. The higher ups at Nike who are in charge of what happens when their products get released at the House of Hoops know whats going to happen. This is about stirring up controversy and hyping up their products. When they release 24 pairs of a shoe like the hyperdunks or Jordan VIII PE's they dont care what happens as long as it helps them advertise and sell in the long run.

They do release NYC PE's for the local fans but they make no attempt to cater to Ray Allen fans or Kobe Bryant fans with this release and his appearance last december.

They could just as easily find local venues in LA, Boston, Chi, ect. to launch these products and control them much better. They want to create buzz for the House of Hoops and test the buisiness approach to see if it makes $$$$$. Nike doesnt care about anyone here, nobody is blind to that.

If you want proof then call the House of Hoops, ask some questions, drop in the store. Look at the facts and how they run these releases. Then look at the hands that hold these shoes and the same people who are selling the PE's online everytime.

Otherwise were going to need to create a new section on NikeTalk for shoe therapy where everyone can go and vent about how they didnt get this or that and all thats unfair for poeple who want to by some nikes.

PREACH
pimp.gif

He does speak alot of truth...but the employees play a big role as well. Plus you have folks on campus who have a surplus of kicks as well. What they dowith them you would be appalled by.

But it won't be happening too much longer.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by xilegacy

PREACH
pimp.gif

He does speak alot of truth...but the employees play a big role as well. Plus you have folks on campus who have a surplus of kicks as well. What they do with them you would be appalled by.

But it won't be happening too much longer.

care to elaborate rock?

I think what he (Rock) said is elaborating enough, at least the part about campus.

If anything, the store will keep going strong, but some of the people running things need to get the axe.

can someone explain why the hate on the HOH??
when they first stated dropping so called info about upcomming releases (WP) most cats felt like it was free promotion and wanted him to stop.
When limited goodies like the yankee lebrons dropped & the line was halfway around the block some said how it wasnt fair.
Is it hate because of the limitedness of the products?
Hyperflight pe's drop without many knowing (
eek.gif
) and people stillcomplain!

If anything, the store will keep going strong, but some of the people running things need to get the axe.
why should some people get the axe if the store is going strong?
I've been there a handfull of times & all the employees are friendly, (
pimp.gif
not to mention the upgrade in women staff
pimp.gif
)
Yea i havent been able to purchase some of the PE's that i like, but that does not make HOH a bad store.
If employees are selling shoes on ebay for 5x the retail, so what? I call it taking advantage of a good situation.
If employees get first dibs i cant be mad, now a days its all about the money. if i was making $9 a hr at footlocker i would be looking for a way to make extramoney as well.
Don't knock the hustle.
edit-
cantknock-morris.jpg

BK preach my man, alot of people are hating because of the limitedness, the KOBE PE's dropped without know1 knowing, and people are still hating.

they just trying to knock other people hustle, WHY? i dont know?

yea the women in thier are also nice,

you know whats crazy alot of people dont ever hate on the people that get PE's, and not HOH PE's im talking about players acutal sizes, they never hateon those people.

but when it come to the HOH alot of hate goes into it

the ONLY piece of info in this post that is
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Some of yall dudes who get sprung off of those females at HoH, keep inmind, you have no chance in hell (word to Vince McMahon).

Employees are not allowed to purchase PE's. Stop being igNant. Hustle harder and stop complaining. Nike isn't listening, trust me.
grin.gif

^Agreed.

I don't think anyone's really hating. Some people are just quick to call anything like a valid complaint "hating". If people are getting allkinds of inconsistent information, and you have to be tight with certain employees to even have a shot at getting stuff, something is wrong with that. I'mnot saying that's how it is because I don't even know, and since I'm not in Harlem, I don't really care.

I would NEVER hate on a reseller, I've gotten plenty of shoes from resellers, I've done it before and I'll probably do it again. People are infortunate situations because of location, it doesn't take a high IQ to realize and accept that. People in Oregon don't pay sales tax, I have access toIn-n-out because I'm in Cali, etc. People getting money is a good thing, and there are customers to cater to.

But about employees selling stuff on ebay (which is pretty easy to stop), the only thing is it's probably against store policy, like stealing andassaulting customers or fellow employees. If you can break one rule, why not all of them?

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
Some of yall dudes who get sprung off of those females at HoH, keep in mind, you have no chance in hell (word to Vince McMahon).
Just gonna keep quiet on this one. But if you beleive so
smile.gif

lol....cats cant hit it off with an attractive female employee at a popular store?...likely? probably not...but not impossible...

I don't think anyone's really hating. Some people are just quick to call anything like a valid complaint "hating

ok, 30 pages of complaints. its all the same.
Half the people wtih complaints probably never even been to the store.
If HOH are practicing shady ways what make you think it wont happen if they open one up in Chicago, LA, Texas etc
yeah the shoes were limited and there was a line. which i thought was funny since they didn't even know if the shoes would get there today.

A friend told me you gotta grease the palms pretty good to have a chance at one of these special releases.

Seems like Nike is doing very little for its basketball consumers other than those near HOH
HOH is a joke.
If this is the way it works then whomever is the manager at HOH should be looking for a new job immediately.
I passed by house of hoops yesterday around 8am but didnt see any activity, except i saw that the lights were on and the manager was in there which i thought was fishy
hell,give HoH a website and I would even stop complaining
The staff at the HOH are..............nvm
f the HoH
That store is shady I don't see this store lasting much longer.
some of the people running things need to get the axe.

complaints right?
wink.gif

i went by there and I spoke to some of the employees. I personally know of 2 that got th hyper PE. Just becuase they are not allowed to get em dont mean theydo not get em. If the line was at least 50 strong min. How did employees get em if some people on that line did not

I can't front, there were some bad broads there but it wasn't necessary to take it there. Dudes already knew what it was when they got in the store.Got my pairs of Sharkleys and kept it movin, u foolin yourself if u think ur gonna bag somethin or leave with one on ur arm
laugh.gif
. Most of em had that'platinum' attitude from jump.

Back
Top Bottom