Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

Ryno was tragic :lol: good grief. We don't when this game without Lou Will holding steady early on, and Harden waking up late. Pat Bev's clutch 3 when it was 106-104 was a bit of an icer as well. Ryno def has to step it going forward. He was just a body out there. I know how much he loves Houston, but frequent games like that will make his stay pretty short.

Ryno was tragic :lol: good grief. We don't when this game without Lou Will holding steady early on, and Harden waking up late. Pat Bev's clutch 3 when it was 106-104 was a bit of an icer as well. Ryno def has to step it going forward. He was just a body out there. I know how much he loves Houston, but frequent games like that will make his stay pretty short.

Man picking up Lou was such an A+ acquisition. EG hit some big shots too but Lou though :pimp:

bruh we stole one (@ home :smh: ) after playing about as lazy as I've seen us play in a min. We oughta be thinking sweep or 5 forreal :evil:

Last edited:
Ryno been fodder :lol:
Clint is starting to annoy me a little more and more. He could be so dominant :lol:

I gotta remember he's only 22

Last edited:
I don't think Capela has the athleticism or the quickness to be a dominant anything. This just may be who he is.

Their bigs ain't really killing us like I thought they would so we really probably could win this series with just our guards.

I don't think Capela has the athleticism or the quickness to be a dominant anything. This just may be who he is.

Feel that way too, especially since emphasis has been put on mostly making him get bigger than faster. There's still more potential in him, but it's probably not a very high ceiling

^ He looks less athletic/quick than when he first entered the league. I think some more offseason weight training could be added for a 22 year old to take another step in those areas. but you might be right...who knows. I think it's on him

Pringles was tripping a little, but I though he did a good job of shadowing Steven Adams with Nene. That's the only big that can legitimately kill us with the RWB PnR but Nene leans on him enough to help slow them down. Taj is good in post iso, but they don't find that matchup within flow of that basic offense. Kanter maybe, but he's too food on defense for them to leave him out there very long

Man, idc what yall say :lol: Melo would be deadly at the 4 catching wide open 3s right now. I heard he likes strippers :nerd:

no better (contending?) city than the H

^ He looks less athletic/quick than when he first entered the league. I think some more offseason weight training could be added for a 22 year old to take another step in those areas. but you might be right...who knows. I think it's on him

Capela is too deliberate in his movements, not really a fluid athlete. He can get a little more athletic but I don't think he'll ever be fast twitchy or super explosive.

Capela is too deliberate in his movements, not really a fluid athlete. He can get a little more athletic but I don't think he'll ever be fast twitchy or super explosive.

He doesn't need to be a bunch more athletic imo. Just power/explosion/strength. Not really tripping much off his quick twitch. He can overcome some of that by just getting his awareness up so he can see plays faster/be in better position. He's terrible at interior defensive positioning

He doesn't need to be a bunch more athletic imo. Just power/explosion/strength. Not really tripping much off his quick twitch. He can overcome some of that by just getting his awareness up so he can see plays faster/be in better position. He's terrible at interior defensive positioning

To me he's plenty athletic, it's he stamina that's the biggest problem. I swear he can't play more than 5 minutes without being visibly winded.

^ no doubt, I threw those few together easily....point being, we have pieces to make it work if we want. Maybe throw in a 3rd team and/or involve picks.

and totally agree with Clint's conditioning. That can be corrected. It looked like it was on the up in that regard....from late last year up until his injury....fell off after. But I think experience and film should help him with his defensive positioning/awareness, even when he's tired.

Last edited:
You can see his teammates like Beverley last night barking on him trying to teach him that you can impose your will but he doesn't think he can.

He is only 22 but i don't know if he got in him to turn into the player we need.

Idk about Melo man. I really want Paul George

You can see his teammates like Beverley last night barking on him trying to teach him that you can impose your will but he doesn't think he can.

He is only 22 but i don't know if he got in him to turn into the player we need.

Idk about Melo man. I really want Paul George

Yo, if PG wanted to come to Houston, I'd trade literally any player except for JH. ANY. and I'd give up any pick for the next 5 years. Melo would be a role player (theoretically). We'd have to talk to him and feel comfortable he understands his role.

and I mostly hear yall on Clint, I just think he has some ceiling left after that injury derailed him a little...but I'm all for shipping him for a bigger paint presence if that option becomes available. We might be able to finesse somebody for a young big that will actually be physical on the interior.

I'd take PG but he's shown to be a crappy teammate recently. Not sure how he would take being second fiddle to Harden.

I'd take PG but he's shown to be a crappy teammate recently. Not sure how he would take being second fiddle to Harden.

Ehh, I'd be frustrated too if the ball found it's way to CJ Miles in crunch time and Lance Stephenson started running away from the ball after being hot :lol:

Back
Top Bottom