Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

We can talk about moves all day, but we will never be a contender as long as Ryan Anderson is a starter.

Unless the other big starting next to him is a star (like damn near the best player on the team), which is unrealistic.

Last edited:
I asked this last year and was thoroughly shot down :lol: so I'll ask it again.....what if Harden is a high level 2 and not a ace, then what?

I asked this last year and was thoroughly shot down :lol: so I'll ask it again.....what if Harden is a high level 2 and not a ace, then what?

There ain't 5 players who would be better than Harden. The problem is, we judge him like he has a 2nd option. Eric Gordon wouldn't be a 3rd option on either of the teams who went to the finals.

I get that and I've never doubted Harden's talent but the trend now I think is undeniable.

Regular season Harden is awesome
Playoff Harden doesn't elevate his game

Every year he's been here at some point he's laid down on us in the playoffs. And I know I've been one loudest voices here saying Harden needs help but at this point are we sure he wants the help or he's just fine doing everything with no real payoff at the end of the season?

I get that and I've never doubted Harden's talent but the trend now I think is undeniable.

Regular season Harden is awesome
Playoff Harden doesn't elevate his game

Every year he's been here at some point he's laid down on us in the playoffs. And I know I've been one loudest voices here saying Harden needs help but at this point are we sure he wants the help or he's just fine doing everything with no real payoff at the end of the season?

Anytime you play a team 4 to 7 times you gonna be able take a players strengths away and magnify their weaknesses. It's especially true when there no one who can take the pressure off.

Last edited:
Our signature moment in 2015 came with Harden riding the bench preparing for the offseason.

At some point it's all just excuses.

Our signature moment in 2015 came with Harden riding the bench preparing for the offseason.

Did game 5 in that series not count? What about game 7? In the game you speak of, he kept us in the game in the 1st half with 20 points. Admittedly he absolutely quit in 3rd quarter.

In 45 playoff games with JH, only once has he had a teammate score 30 or more.

We're basically building the same type of teams Bron had in his first stint in Cleveland with an inferior player.

Having a superstar and 11 role players is not gonna get you close to a championship. In the modern NBA you need at least 3 superstars at minimum.

I don't even think I'm hot taking, I just think he likes to shine dolo. That was probably the biggest point I was trying to make.

Did game 5 in that series not count? What about game 7? In the game you speak of, he kept us in the game in the 1st half with 20 points. Admittedly he absolutely quit in 3rd quarter.

I do know he stunk thru the first 4 games of that series while Redick of all people was giving him trouble. And mind you CP3 missed the first 2 games of the series.

We're basically building the same type of teams Bron had in his first stint in Cleveland with an inferior player.

Having a superstar and 11 role players is not gonna get you close to a championship. In the modern NBA you need at least 3 superstars at minimum.

And I've said this too and what do you know, Lebron quit on that team the same way Harden tends to quit on us.

I think Hardens is great but I also don't think the organization hold him accountable for anything. I do think he had free reign to do whatever he wants.

I do know he stunk thru the first 4 games of that series while Redick of all people was giving him trouble. And mind you CP3 missed the first 2 games of the series.

Game 2 he had 32 and 7 and had the highest plus minus but he stunk it up?

Game 3 he 25 and 11 but he stunk it up?

If those numbers are stinking it up then he'll never meet your expectations

Last edited:
And I've said this too and what do you know, Lebron quit on that team the same way Harden tends to quit on us.

I think Hardens is great but I also don't think the organization hold him accountable for anything. I do think he had free reign to do whatever he wants.

Sure we do give him a lot of free reign, and I agree that could/should be tightened up. That's not mutually exclusive to JH being a hands down 1st option though lol. Like you just said, Bron also quit on his team. Is Bron a 2nd ace?

You can say a slightly flawed 1st option or find a short tier to put him on relative to first options, but he can't be a 2nd fiddle in the NBA, realistically.

I absolutely agree with this

3 superstars? That's hefty

Klay isn't a superstar, nor is Dray
Neither is Love, lol

You need 2 superstars or a superstar and a star at minimum.

3 superstars? That's hefty

Klay isn't a superstar, nor is Dray
Neither is Love, lol

You need 2 superstars or a superstar and a star at minimum.

Whether you think Dray, Love and Klay are superstars or not. It's undeniable that they all can give you superstar production at anytime.

all good....We probably (definitely) have a different definition of "superstar" and "superstar production" :lol:

There are like 5-8 superstars total in the league, imo.

Sure we do give him a lot of free reign, and I agree that could/should be tightened up. That's not mutually exclusive to JH being a hands down 1st option though lol. Like you just said, Bron also quit on his team. Is Bron a 2nd ace?

You can say a slightly flawed 1st option or find a short tier to put him on relative to first options, but he can't be a 2nd fiddle in the NBA, realistically.

Bron had already led his team to a Finals too. Hell the Orlando series in 09 he was 38/8/8. Has Harden ever been at that level in the playoffs for us?

Bron had already led his team to a Finals too. Hell the Orlando series in 09 he was 38/8/8. Has Harden ever been at that level in the playoffs for us?

1. Harden not Bron
2. Bron did that in the LEast and got swept

JH has really not lost in any playoff series he was expected to win, other than a Kawhi-less Spurs team, maybe. and Portland, maybe? Probably.

I'm not expecting JH to beat the Warriors without another star at absolute minimum
I'm not expecting JH to beat the Cavs with their healthy big 3, unless ..." " (we give them problems though, their defense gets lazy after the first/2nd pass)
I'm not expecting JH to beat the Spurs with Pop/Kwahi unless we get another star or Dantoni magically figures out how to make us play tier 1 defense

everybody else can be had

Last edited:
i think we would have at least competed against the warriors this year...maybe won a game or two. unless morey can somehow manage to steal a star from somewhere without giving up too much, i think we're stuck where we are. i wouldn't mind giving up anderson at all for someone more physical and bigger, but that person still has to be able to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom