Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

Sucks. I'm sure we offered Anderson for PG and they didn't bite, but I wonder if we ever offered Gordon. I feel like that would have been more appealing than oladipo after this past season.

Heard we tried to dump Anderson on anyone that was willing to take him and no one wanted him. I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with him.

Sucks. I'm sure we offered Anderson for PG and they didn't bite, but I wonder if we ever offered Gordon. I feel like that would have been more appealing than oladipo after this past season.

Heard we tried to dump Anderson on anyone that was willing to take him and no one wanted him. I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with him.

Yep. We even offered him to the knicks for Melo and they turned it down.

Nene byke for 4 years 15 mil. That basically takes him into retirement. A Mutombo swan song and possible trade chip

He's pretty solid still. Think that's a great deal for us and we can always get rid of it easily if we need to.

Doubt MDA wants him here.hes the reason he got fired in NY and he hates him.

Who knows though Melo wouldn't call any shots here.

Not liking that Nene news. How did the contract go from 4/15 to 3/10.9? And based on Qi signing a multi-year deal, that basically means no Nene, and we'd still need a vet C/PF

Last edited:
Not liking that Nene news. How did the contract go from 4/15 to 3/10.9? And based on Qi signing a multi-year deal, that basically means no Nene, and we'd still need a vet C/PF

Over 38 rule. Nene woulda turned 39 if he got a four year deal. The most amount of years he can sign for is 3

Qi most likely signed with for the minimum so no cap space was needed.

Marc J. Spears @MarcJSpearsESPN

The Rockets are optimistic they will work a deal out with Nene, a source said.

Determined to add perimeter defense and toughness to their rotation, the Rockets chased several targets before getting the qualities they have wanted late on Saturday.

The Rockets reached agreement on a four-year, $32 million deal with Raptors forward P.J. Tucker, a person with knowledge of the agreement said on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced

Tucker, a 6-6, 245 forward, has long been highly-regarded for his defensive intensity, including several memorable battles with Rockets star James Harden when he was with the Suns.

A second-team All-American at Texas, he made 40 percent of his 3-pointers after the trade to the Raptors last season, but did not shoot well in the playoffs, his first postseason appearance in seven NBA seasons.

Tucker began his career with the Raptors before playing for five seasons in Europe. He returned to the NBA with the Suns in 2012-13 and built his reputation as a tenacious defensive player. - Houston Chronicle

Last edited:
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Chris Paul played big role getting friend PJ Tucker to HOU. Raps offered 3 yrs/$33M, Rockets deal is 4/$32M, partial guarantee in last year

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Chris Paul played big role getting friend PJ Tucker to HOU. Raps offered 3 yrs/$33M, Rockets deal is 4/$32M, partial guarantee in last year

Damn an extra year and still less overall...kinda nuts

So he the new Bev then? Lord knows we need as many dogs as possible.

Well in Toronto he wears number 2, and it looks like he'll keep that number :lol: :lol:

Also,

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Nene agrees to a 3-year, $11M deal, per source.

For real this time :lol:

Tucker's a classic 3 and D player. Should fare well in this system. Somebody that will actually be able to supplant Trevor when he goes on his trash stretches. :lol:

With players ranging from potentially-important members of the Rockets' regular-season roster to a familiar name from the Rockets past, the Rockets announced their list of players participating in their summer league mini-camp prior to their play in the Las Vegas Summer League this week.

Along with their second-round picks the past two seasons, Zhou Qi, Chinanu Onuaku and Isaiah Hartenstein, the Rockets will bring Adam Drexler, the son of Hall of Famer Clyde Drexler to their mini-camp this week.

The camp and summer league could be especially important for Zhou and Onuanku, who are both expected to be on the Rockets roster next season, with Onuaku a potential
option to assume the role Montrezl Harrell held last season as a third center behind Clint Capela and Nene.

The summer league could also be a chance for forward Cameron Oliver, an undrafted free agent who reached agreement on a contract with the Rockets immediately after the draft, to show whether he could be considered a candidate the regular-season roster.

The Rockets have three of their players with non-guaranteed or partially guaranteed contracts – guard Isaiah Taylor, forward Jarrod Uthoff and guard/forward Tim Quarterman along with free agent Troy Williams who played with the Rockets late last season on the summer league roster.

Pringles on the Chris Paul-James Harden Fit

There'll be a Hall of Fame point guard on the floor at all times for 48 minutes—that's good. And then they're really good off the ball also. Chris Paul is one of the better shooters in the league; James has played off the ball his whole career and was runner-up for MVP off the ball ... I don't see that much of a problem.

... I'm looking at Clint Capela like he'll be our leading scorer because of all the lobs he's gonna get.

Back
Top Bottom