Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

That was such an ugly game by these types of teams :lol: it is a bittersweet victory with Paul’s injury. Just don’t know how up to par he’s be with a turnaround like this.

a pyrrhic victory indeed.

expect luc to play now. maybe even ryno (thought he could've got time against david west at least).

just gonna throw this out there tho...

chris paul did eliminate the spurs in game 7, who were the defending champs, on a bum hamstring a couple years back. hit the game winner too :nerd:

a pyrrhic victory indeed.

expect luc to play now. maybe even ryno (thought he could've got time against david west at least).

just gonna throw this out there tho...

chris paul did eliminate the spurs in game 7, who were the defending champs, on a bum hamstring a couple years back. hit the game winner too :nerd:

If CP is out game 6 and Luc is healthier he should get the minutes. Otherwise we’ll probably see Ego slide in. 20-30mins for Green and an increase in minutes for Capela. Then spot minutes for Luc/Ryno with a quick trigger on a sub if it’s not going well.

Break glass resort, Joe Johnson.

Am I the only one hoping Green walks into Oracle with a CP jersey on?

Last edited:
If CP is out game 6 and Luc is healthier he should get the minutes. Otherwise we’ll probably see Ego slide in. 20-30mins for Green and an increase in minutes for Capela. Then spot minutes for Luc/Ryno with a quick trigger on a sub if it’s not going well.

Most definitely need to find relief minutes somewhere. Bell, Cook, and Liv barely scored, but both this game and last game that had some irritating defensive possessions, and that could go a long way in some games.
ROX.PNG
GSW.PNG

yep. i expect everyone's minutes to go up if cp3 is out. luc is definitely next in line to get minutes though. cannot do a 6 man rotation with a possible game 7 on deck (and travel/one day rest).

iso joe/ryno could be in there when west plays, so there's your spot minutes. MDA is stubborn though so i doubt either plays and it'll just be luc. everyone needs to step up if paul sits, harden especially. he was terrible shooting the rock. most of his shot selection didn't bother me as much as his lazy passes did. his defense was pretty damn good though, especially in the 4th. looks like OKC harden on defense, expending a lot of his energy on that end.

Agreed. People can say what they want about Harden and yes it’s frustrating watching him play at times, but he does what a MVP does imo.

Finds ways to impact the game. Tonight and game 4 has been on the defensive end, but damn, imagine that intensity all the time on defense. Unsustainable with his offensive workload but impressive none the less. Offensively he stepped up when needed to. That last play I was fully expecting a 3 or step back and the whole time was hoping he’d drive. You’re in the bonus, see if you can get to the line and he made a great drive and kick out to Gordon and we walk out up 3-2.

Agreed. People can say what they want about Harden and yes it’s frustrating watching him play at times, but he does what a MVP does imo.

Finds ways to impact the game. Tonight and game 4 has been on the defensive end, but damn, imagine that intensity all the time on defense. Unsustainable with his offensive workload but impressive none the less. Offensively he stepped up when needed to. That last play I was fully expecting a 3 or step back and the whole time was hoping he’d drive. You’re in the bonus, see if you can get to the line and he made a great drive and kick out to Gordon and we walk out up 3-2.
I thought he did a great job attacking when he got right back in in the 4th and with CP3 sitting. Had fresh legs at that point, and got like 2 straight trips to the line. Then, he got that big steal and dunk out of the Warriors timeout. Had a help block on KD and forced Steph to take a tough layup late. That pass was definitely the goods. Driving left, kicked it out against his body (while sucking in KD, klay, and steph) and hit Gordon right in rhythm.

He's definitely grown as a leader and player.

Feel like his offensive performance would've looked much better had he gotten calls early. Draymond bodied him at least 4-5 times with no call this game.

CP better man up and play. Its championship time. Unless the hammy is hanging outside of his leg, he better play. Otherwise H-town has no chance to win this.

The defense I’m not worried about. The offense is a little iffy right now. Need harden and eg to get going and just need to get enough from Ariza tucker and Capela. If we do, we’ll have a chance to win

Need Harden to play amazing to have a chance
No we don’t. It would be great though. See game two. We played well because everyone shot it well and made everyone hard to guard. Harden scoring 45 gets us no where if the others don’t show up.

We should get make a lot more effort to pull Draymond away from the basket. Whether that's getting him to switch and then rotate the ball or go smaller. Either way, we seem to be very successful with him out of the painted area playing free safety, with us coming down hill. Most everybody else on their team is either frail or can't stay in front of a guard.

don't know bout y'all but i'm ready for our guys to shock the world tonight.

clutch city byke :pimp:

gerald green kiss of death incoming

i'm just assuming cp won't be playing game 7 either if we don't win tonight. need to come out intense and go for the kill.

I picked the Rockets in 7 if they won game 4, but I am more than welcome to a closeout tonight regardless of who's on the court.

Harden Gordon Ariza playing amazing on offense.

We have also messed up a couple of switches and defensive assignments hopefully that gets cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom