Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Well can’t beat them when the refs just won’t give us a call but you can’t breathe on KD

Game 7 at home. Can’t ask for any more.

Pretty much. The refs didn’t cause all those TOs nor give up the lead, but they most definitely and blatantly impacted the game, practically holding their hands like toddlers. Oh well, game 7 at home, win it with whoever is on the floor.

Way too sloppy. Hard to hold a lead on these guys, but def doesn’t help when you throw stupid passes and keep losing the ball. Refs also seemed to swallow their whistles on our end imo, but they also played good d. Gotta just make shots and stop hoping for bailouts.

Just hope we’re able to get past the mental aspect of losing a lead and getting blown out and come out firing Monday as well, because i know gs is gonna come ready. We got blown out game 3 and came back to win 4 and 5, but we had cp3 those games. This will probably be a little different for us.

we stopped squeezing up on them at the 3 point line, randomly in the 3rd, and not tracking steph/klay on the switches. I think if we do that alone, we don't have to sustain the crazy runs. Play the 3 with those guys and be content with help defense and trying to recover in the midrange or at the rim, or hope they settle like they've been doing all series. It's looking as easy as playing defense at the 3 point line and trying to funnel everything to the bums (Looney, West, Bell, Livingston,Nick Young) , and/or Draymond on the perimeter with some limited attention, but cutting off his passing primarily. Everything else will come along.

we stopped squeezing up on them at the 3 point line, randomly in the 3rd, and not tracking steph/klay on the switches. I think if we do that alone, we don't have to sustain the crazy runs. Play the 3 with those guys and be content with help defense and trying to recover in the midrange or at the rim, or hope they settle like they've been doing all series. It's looking as easy as playing defense at the 3 point line and trying to funnel everything to the bums (Looney, West, Bell, Livingston,Nick Young) , and/or Draymond on the perimeter with some limited attention, but cutting off his passing primarily. Everything else will come along.

Yea it was weird that the Rockets kinda just went away from stuff that was working. I figured they may start getting gassed due to the rotations, but the TOs combined with GSW getting hot at the right time did them in. Plus, GSW was very desperate, played like a team with their backs against the wall in the second half.

missing CP3 was also underrated from a defensive standpoint. he's been phenomenal on switches and defensive communication, especially with klay

it really sucks that Luc is such a liability because of the injury. even with the expected 0 from his offense, i don't think he's really given much on defense either. especially not what we're accustomed to seeing.

You guys had a great season and you were gonna beat the Warriors if CP3 doesn’t get hurt. I think you guys have a better chance to win a title next year if you guys get Lebron.

Idk what happened. Too short of a rotation and it was inevitable the fatigue would get to us. Luc is still boarderline unplayable and injuries forced our hand.

But damn, did CP really have to travel with the team for a possible celebration and podium appreance? I prefer that time to have been spent on recovery. Worse case scenario he gets more time to prepare for game 7 and if we win it he gets more time to be ready for game 1. Instead he’s traveling and I don’t care how lavish NBA travel is, it still sucks. Ultimate goal is not a WCF win for a championship.

Quit pushing the ball. Movement stopped. Refs got progressively worse. Turnovers galore (didn’t think it could get worse after Harden started the game with 4 TOs). Bad rotations/switches on shooters.

Sheesh. Oh well. On to the next one. Monday is gonna be rocking in Toyota Center, but I’m hoping for no Tony Brothers which is a realistic option at this point.

Rockets in 7 Mr. Guy
I hope so. I wouldn’t put money on it though. I’m pissed. I went and saw Solo during the game. I peeked at my phone and saw that 17 point lead and got happy. Checked my phone after the movie to see the blowout final score smh. I’m def not watching game 7.

One thing that def worked for them was Klay or Steph running to the corner 3. Another warrior will be literally right there as well a couple steps up on the sideline. They swing it to the corner for 3. We have two defenders there, but neither one of them really fully commits to defending the shot, because they assume the other one is. They got a good look from that play multiple times. Really hope the rockets communicate on how to defend that so that everyone is on the same page and they stop getting clean looks from it.

And Chris Paul “less than likely” to play game 7. It wasn’t realistic to think he’d play again so quickly.

At least iggy is likely out game 7 as well.

we were defending corner 3s and every version of the splash very well for like 3.25 quarters and randomly just stopped. I felt like we let them get hot, smh. They're just running around looking for spots from 3. Literally give up midrange and layups if you have to. NO THREES "You had one job". Hopefully they can build on that first 3 and change quarters. Warriors make quick adjustments though, we may have let Kerr off the hook, because he was clueless out there with his rotations and play calling.

This worries me.

Officials for Celtics/Cavaliers Game 7:

Marc Davis, James Capers, Zach Zarba

Alternate: Kane Fitzgerald

Replay Center: John Goble

Officiating was bad, but we also had an ungodly number of turnovers. Harden started off sloppy, kinda started going offensively, but then still stayed sloppy with the ball the rest of the game.

If we win tomorrow, we’ve got to hit 3’s and take care of the ball. There’s almost no chance in hell cp plays. Even if he does, he won’t be the cp we know and need. Gotta play d for 48 minutes. Can’t get comfortable with a lead, because they can make any lead disappear within 3 minutes.

Officiating was bad, but we also had an ungodly number of turnovers. Harden started off sloppy, kinda started going offensively, but then still stayed sloppy with the ball the rest of the game.

If we win tomorrow, we’ve got to hit 3’s and take care of the ball. There’s almost no chance in hell cp plays. Even if he does, he won’t be the cp we know and need. Gotta play d for 48 minutes. Can’t get comfortable with a lead, because they can make any lead disappear within 3 minutes.

This. Guys need to know this is game seven and every possession and points count. Build a lead and keep it going.

Back
Top Bottom