Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

There’s huge upside in this trade. Melton just looked so savvy and like a vet during Summer League, I wanted to see how that would look during the regular season.

But there’s positives all over the place for this. Let’s say they’re actually not used in another trade...you have an even better backup PG (barring health), finally some athleticism at PF, along with getting way younger. If they are used in another trade, you have to much younger much more trade friendly pieces, with way better contracts, clearly to use for wings more than likely.

I’m not saying I didn’t like Melton or anything.

Just saying, it the scope of this deal, there’s nothing to complain about imo. We’re in a win now state and our window is this year, maybe next and trusting a 2nd round rookie is not what you want.

I’m not saying I didn’t like Melton or anything.

Just saying, it the scope of this deal, there’s nothing to complain about imo. We’re in a win now state and our window is this year, maybe next and trusting a 2nd round rookie is not what you want.
no doubt. I agree with you. it would've been hard for melton to crack and stay in the rotation. just adding to the discussion because i was high on melton after initially not being a huge fan of the pick.

definitely major upside to the trade and Peep Game Peep Game touched on it there with the trade possibilities.

morey lowkey conning the suns if we end up getting ariza back too :lol:

Always kinda liked Chriss, and Knights in the final year of his contract right? I could see them flipping him (Knight) come trade deadline. I like it, Ryno for Chriss and Melton for Knight ( which could turn into something else very easily).

no doubt. I agree with you. it would've been hard for melton to crack and stay in the rotation. just adding to the discussion because i was high on melton after initially not being a huge fan of the pick.

definitely major upside to the trade and Peep Game Peep Game touched on it there with the trade possibilities.

Agreed. Lost in this is potentially getting ~5.5 off the books a year early if Chriss just flat out doesn’t pan out.

Always kinda liked Chriss, and Knights in the final year of his contract right? I could see them flipping him (Knight) come trade deadline. I like it, Ryno for Chriss and Melton for Knight ( which could turn into something else very easily).

Knight has 2 years left including this one.

Still want another big wing but a good trade.
Hopefully chirss matures a lil bit.
CP/Knight
Harden/Gordon
Ennis/
Tucker/Melo
Capela/Nene Chriss

Maybe Tyson Chandler too if they end up buying him out...:rofl:

really? i hate dude's game :lol: i understand his potential but his antics really annoy me. maybe on a team with vets and a winning atmosphere, he'll be more reigned in.

he's only 20 too so that's good. part of why he got drafted so high

Same amount of time as Rynos at 6 mil less.

Which means a lot easier to move if needed.

Agreed. Lost in this is potentially getting ~5.5 off the books a year early if Chriss just flat out doesn’t pan out.
i'm pretty sure we save like 10-12m in luxury tax too (not that it matters to us personally).

really hope knight is healthy cause he can for sure play a role on our team in comparison to ryno or melton.

All this Melton talk, if you had to give up a first or Melton attached to Ryno, which are you doing?
the 1st for sure has more value so logically speaking, trading melton is the right choice.

however, i feel confident in saying that melton will be better than whoever we'd draft. i don't have the ability to predict the future but this upcoming draft seems weak and we're most likely locked in for a late 20s pick. but his situation will now be different so who really knows.

the point is moot cause the suns were obviously high enough on him to have him as a semi-centerpiece of the deal.

i'm fine with it though as melton was not realistically going to get immediate PT and we keep the more coveted asset in the 1st rounder. not to mention not signing him helps with our MLE and overall cap situation.

Dl509H6XcAAGwF7.jpg

:lol:

really? i hate dude's game :lol: i understand his potential but his antics really annoy me. maybe on a team with vets and a winning atmosphere, he'll be more reigned in.

he's only 20 too so that's good. part of why he got drafted so high

Him and Capela on PnR's is gonna be fun to watch IMO.

Back
Top Bottom