Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

That defense
IMG_0057.PNG
IMG_0094.PNG

I usually still feel like the Rockets can win any game as long as the whole isn't more than 15 points, but I was still pretty shocked at how they made last night's comeback with the way the Pels were shooting. 36 and 37 for E'tawn Moore and Jrue Holliday, and still won. The game pretty much shifted at Chris Paul's buzzer beater 3 at the end of the 3rd, and I had no doubt the Rockets would come back. Chris Paul got them back in it, and Harden finished them off. That needs to be the recipe for the playoffs. EG's 3 to put them up by 1 off of Paul's pass was clutch too. EG waking up for this game and Capela finishing at the rim were welcome additions :lol:

I usually still feel like the Rockets can win any game as long as the whole isn't more than 15 points, but I was still pretty shocked at how they made last night's comeback with the way the Pels were shooting. 36 and 37 for E'tawn Moore and Jrue Holliday, and still won. The game pretty much shifted at Chris Paul's buzzer beater 3 at the end of the 3rd, and I had no doubt the Rockets would come back. Chris Paul got them back in it, and Harden finished them off. That needs to be the recipe for the playoffs. EG's 3 to put them up by 1 off of Paul's pass was clutch too. EG waking up for this game and Capela finishing at the rim were welcome additions :lol:

that's basically how i felt last season. no matter how much we were down, we'd have a chance to come back and make things tight again. pelicans were just shooting lights out last night. it was unreal. our defense wasn't great, but i can't imagine that most games will be like that.

6 more games at home. only one i'm really worried about is the spurs game friday with kawhi back. all other games are definitely winnable easily imo if we just keep playing hard and don't come out lethargic and lazy. then we get to play at okc christmas night against melo who i'm actually now relieved we didn't end up getting this summer considering the way the team is performing right now.

Not surprised we beat Charlotte, bring on San Antonio... we need a GOOD challenge (SA & Boston were only 2 real challenges I saw for us until Golden State in 2018, OKC has the talent to give us a good game, but they've not played like it all season (hopefully we destroy them, could be our first round matchup come playoff time...so sending them a message would be nice). Hopefully San Antonio brings their A game, and not that mess they brought against the Mavericks last night. I'll take that mess... a wins a win, but at some point I'd like to see a somewhat competitive game this season. :lol:
Still kinda :angry: we lost 2 games to the one of the worst teams (Grizzlies) in the West right now... I'm loving this team this year their chemistry on court is :wow:. I started the season a bit down we didn't get Melo (mainly I think, it was because I/most of us thought it was a given he'd land here), but now I keep hearing :nerd: LBJ possibly in the off-season (Melo who?)... it'll be interesting how that plays out...in Morey we trust...

Well tbh, I wanted melo all summer, because I thought it raised our ceiling and it would be the only way we’d have a chance to land lebron next summer. I figured the only way he’d come here is if he had the ability to team up with two of his best friends in cp3 and melo. Everyone taking a paycut and wade coming over for cheap a possibility as well.

That being said, I’d absolutely love to have lebron, but if we manage to win it all this year, there’s no way he’d come to a team that already won a championship without him. If we can get him though, I know Morey would make the numbers work to get him here and I think it’d put us over the top. He’s older, but he’s still the best player in the league.

Anyway, I really hope we blow the spurs out tomorrow night as well. We’re going to lose eventually, but I’d honestly rather lose a game we’re supposed to win and we just come out flat rather than losing to a team like the spurs.

Well tbh, I wanted melo all summer, because I thought it raised our ceiling and it would be the only way we’d have a chance to land lebron next summer. I figured the only way he’d come here is if he had the ability to team up with two of his best friends in cp3 and melo. Everyone taking a paycut and wade coming over for cheap a possibility as well.

That being said, I’d absolutely love to have lebron, but if we manage to win it all this year, there’s no way he’d come to a team that already won a championship without him. If we can get him though, I know Morey would make the numbers work to get him here and I think it’d put us over the top. He’s older, but he’s still the best player in the league.

Anyway, I really hope we blow the spurs out tomorrow night as well. We’re going to lose eventually, but I’d honestly rather lose a game we’re supposed to win and we just come out flat rather than losing to a team like the spurs.

I feel the same way, although only one thing I'm not on the same page as you with. IF we win a title this year the next best team would be Golden State. He would have no other chance at defeating us, or Golden State unless he somehow ends up in San Antonio...other than that he could stay put in the east, and get nothing or join our/the superteam or possibly SA (the only thing he's not yet got under his belt is to play and win in the west). I think ultimately he does want to play with CP3, Melo, and Wade before he does retire. I played through juco and I can say there's nothing like playing with your closest friends. We could find a way to get Wade I'm pretty sure, Melo would be a lot harder unless LBJ, Wade, and CP3 took pretty big pay cuts, and we dumped some salary. Im still kinda doubtful we land him, but if he leaves Cleveland I don't see too many other options if he is just looking to win...I'm not really sure where he would fit in San Antonio, with Leonard and Aldridge at the forward positions... unless Leonard or James moves to the guard position. I would bet my first born child though, that Morey will pull all the stops/tricks he has in order to even get him to consider coming here. I used to be a huge James fan until that fiasco "the decision" to take his talents to Miami, but theres no way I wouldnt want that guy on our team even if hes getting older or not. Needless to say I like our team the way it is, but adding LBJ would pretty much solidify us as THE team to beat, this off-season should be fun...

Crap...completely forgot about Luc getting hurt. Hope it ends up being something minor. He’s been one of our greatest pick ups from this summer.

From what I'm hearing so far it's nothing major but he may miss a one to three weeks unless his MRI/tests show something more, hopefully thats all it is and he's back in a week or two.

I still would like to believe that Melo would be doing much better if he was here, and that he’s been looking off due to Westbrook’s style of play compared to Harden (and Paul). But some of these games Melo has looked like every negative thing people have ever said about him, and this is looking like another bullet dodged by the Rockets. At this rate, Melo is either going to opt in and screw OKC, or would be able to come here for a big of a bargain.

As far as Lebron, I’m not really entertaining that a quarter into the season. That’s for the media to have stories. I’m more interested in what happens if Lebron isn’t actually an option. Let’s say we re-sign Paul, who else would y’all be interested in?

Here’s the FA list for ‘18 as of November
http://hoopshype.com/2017/11/08/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players/

I still would like to believe that Melo would be doing much better if he was here, and that he’s been looking off due to Westbrook’s style of play compared to Harden (and Paul). But some of these games Melo has looked like every negative thing people have ever said about him, and this is looking like another bullet dodged by the Rockets. At this rate, Melo is either going to opt in and screw OKC, or would be able to come here for a big of a bargain.

As far as Lebron, I’m not really entertaining that a quarter into the season. That’s for the media to have stories. I’m more interested in what happens if Lebron isn’t actually an option. Let’s say we re-sign Paul, who else would y’all be interested in?

Here’s the FA list for ‘18 as of November
http://hoopshype.com/2017/11/08/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players/

I'm a bit biased, but I've been a Boogie fan for a long time, but not sure what he'd do to the chemistry we have. I'd lean toward passing on him... I wanted to trade Howard for him so bad a couple years ago, but he plays good D and can shoot the long ball just can't keep his head together. Wouldn't mind Rodney Hood either.

I'm a bit biased, but I've been a Boogie fan for a long time, but not sure what he'd do to the chemistry we have. I'd lean toward passing on him... I wanted to trade Howard for him so bad a couple years ago, but he plays good D and can shoot the long ball just can't keep his head together. Wouldn't mind Rodney Hood either.

That's been my thing with him. If it wasn't for that, it would be a no-brainer, but I've been trying to figure out is it the situation, or is it him.

That's been my thing with him. If it wasn't for that, it would be a no-brainer, but I've been trying to figure out is it the situation, or is it him.

In Sacramento it was his situation, they fired the coach who was really getting through to him (can't remember his name) and after that he just never got right there. He's been on pretty good behavior (at least by his standards) since he's been in NO though, but you'd think with a team of him and Anthony Davis they'd be killing it. Boogies been having a great year offensively and defensively (even being talked about as a frontrunner for DPOY), but the brow doesn't seem to be playing as well since boogie arrived. Guys with his size & skills don't come around often. Morey knows what he's doing, if he thinks he'll fit I'd love to have him here, especially if we can keep Capela we'd have some real size and a guy at every position just about who could put up 25 to 30 points on any given night.

it'll probably come down to the playoffs and how they play out. if we lose, we'll try and fill a spot/upgrade at the position where we struggled the most. not sure where our weakest spot is right now tbh. just need capela to get bigger and stronger imo.

it'll probably come down to the playoffs and how they play out. if we lose, we'll try and fill a spot/upgrade at the position where we struggled the most. not sure where our weakest spot is right now tbh. just need capela to get bigger and stronger imo.

Most likely, but Morey does have a habit of chasing the most talented/skilled player first. He drafts the same way too...

Upgrade at the 4 spot would be nice. Ryno has done very well so far, but we really need more athleticism at that position. Ditto on Capela's development as well.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/...ke-dantoni-chris-paul-houston-rockets-defense

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/12/15/luc-mbah-moutes-injury-affects-houston-rockets/

Spurs have played 11 players airways. We’ve played 8. The Rockets play the Bucks tomorrow, not 3 days from now. There’s no reason why the end of the bench couldn’t get minutes one at a time. I can’t stand that

Back
Top Bottom