Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Well I’m sure he’s getting a max contract this summer so he better be worth it

He probably will, but he is restricted so let's hope we get a bargain. God forbid Morey let's him walk. I think Morey let's it play out and whatever hes offered he'll match which will most likely be a max deal.

Yeah I already read that Phoenix was gonna offer him a max so I’m sure we’ll have to match. Should be an interesting summer since we still have to pay cp3 as well.

Yeah I already read that Phoenix was gonna offer him a max so I’m sure we’ll have to match. Should be an interesting summer since we still have to pay cp3 as well.

We'd be fools not to match IMO. And we do have bird rights for CP3, So things look as good as they could , we ust need to keep Gerald now...

Can't say much else other than what I said in the Playoff thread, your "others" need to provide something on offense. To beat GSW, you have to play at a consistent high level to win 4 times. EG eventually came around, but Ariza, PJ, and Ryno didn't do anything on offense. Ryno did his scared shooting again, PJ was guarded very well, and those swift fouls took Ariza out the game. Sucks that Capela was so limited too. He couldn't really get going, and GSW made him look very regular. Just look at the stats:

upload_2018-5-14_23-2-15.png

Can't have players on the court playing between 16-34 minutes and not bringing anything on offense. Luc wasn't the same Luc out there. He really looked like a guy not wanting his shoulder to separate again. He was a major liability. Regroup for next game. They've overcome deficits and turned losses around after adversity happens, so there's no reason why they can't do it again.

Can't say much else other than what I said in the Playoff thread, your "others" need to provide something on offense. To beat GSW, you have to play at a consistent high level to win 4 times. EG eventually came around, but Ariza, PJ, and Ryno didn't do anything on offense. Ryno did his scared shooting again, PJ was guarded very well, and those swift fouls took Ariza out the game. Sucks that Capela was so limited too. He couldn't really get going, and GSW made him look very regular. Just look at the stats:

Can't have players on the court playing between 16-34 minutes and not bringing anything on offense. Luc wasn't the same Luc out there. He really looked like a guy not wanting his shoulder to separate again. He was a major liability. Regroup for next game. They've overcome deficits and turned losses around after adversity happens, so there's no reason why they can't do it again.

Rynos gotta go I'd trade him for a bag of potatoe chips at this point. Ariza is aging hes just not the same player he once was, that said I fully believe D'antoni will adjust his game plan for game 2. Just CANNOT go down 0-2, gotta win next game. IMO we play better on the road, so maybe we'll steal a game or 2 in GS. Dissapointing loss though.

All starts on the offensive end with us. Better O = Better D. Slows pace down for them, they gotta take the ball out the net. Makes us more focused. Gordon, Luc, Green, CP3, Tuck all gotta step up in that regard. Ryno has to play over Nene and not be a little ***** this series, he's had success against the W's in the past. I don't expect Harden to average 41 and 7 on 24 shots for the rest of the series so other guys need to produce.

Defensively, we did a solid job on KD tbh but there's a reason why he's the most gifted scoring threat. Clint can keep up with him for a couple possessions but then we lose rim protection and he gets tired quicker. You need Tuck/Luc to play him physical off ball and get him out his comfort zones. Force the refs to swallow their whistle.

At the end of the day we aren’t going to win if KD consistently makes shots over good defense and if we dont make more threes than them.

Peep Game Peep Game you're right with luc playing not to get hurt again. watched some of his attempts again, and his shooting been shaky since his return and he's very hesitant on going strong to the hole. unfortunate to see as he had plenty of good looks tonight. can't get zeros from him offensively when KD hitting contested shots on the other end on him

I can live with that from KD. The squad will play better on the road too. The game was right there to be won.

Im still confident.

harden shot well, but he could have played much better. he should have drove more to the hole. i think it would have opened up things for capela and the shooters eventually.

nothing we can do about kd on the defensive side honestly, but we can't let klay, nick young, etc have wide open uncontested 3 after uncontested 3.

harden shot well, but he could have played much better. he should have drove more to the hole. i think it would have opened up things for capela and the shooters eventually.

nothing we can do about kd on the defensive side honestly, but we can't let klay, nick young, etc have wide open uncontested 3 after uncontested 3.

Young should have never gotten that 3 off to tie the game, and Klay hot 3 momentum killing back breaking 3s. **** sucked. The open ones are killers, can’t hate on the constested ones.

Is there a chart on how many layups were missed? I know Harden, Luc, and EG all missed some

the points off missed layups really hurt in G1. LMM needs to cash in his opportunities and make the Warriors pay, bum shoulder or not.

Back
Top Bottom