Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

There were a whole bunch of Rockets fans panicking, but if you've watched this team enough this year, you'd know they were a top road team and had everything in their power to flip that switch and take this series back. I only asked for a split in Utah after game 2, but I'm more than welcoming to them taking 2 games up there and finishing them off back here. That was Vernon Maxwell's reasoning too :lol: Would have liked to keep the 30+ point lead, but at least the back end of the roster came in the game for once. Need that consistency each and every game.

crazy thing is cp3 nor harden shot well from 3 tonight. won that game off defense and effort alone. we didn't even outshoot the jazz from 3. i've always said that when gordon, cp3, and harden click in one game we'd blow out teams by 50 and in the 1H when they were clicking we were up 30 :lol:

clint has ascended to a new level these playoffs. grown up big time. it was only last series i thought i had seen him turn in his best defensive effort but he was special tonight, with hakeem watching courtside.

also gotta mention the harden floater game :pimp: he's been reading my posts.

one slight adjustment i'd like to make going forward is when mitchell isn't in the game, to have someone else on burks other than gordon. they had luc guarding crowder. they should switch that, it would prevent even less bench scoring for the jazz. luc was a FORCE. mitchell wanted no parts of him 1on1 and when he drove on ariza/tucker/harden/gordon, they either shut him down themselves or they funneled him with his left hand into clint who denied him almost every time.

harden playing like game 6 last year. really bad game on both ends, low energy too.

no coincidence after he hit his head pretty hard last game too. i'm curious to know if he went under concussion protocol.

puglife puglife definitely a valid concern

I was pissed they gave him a tech when Donovan got one too. Seemed to light a fire in him after that though.

Good win. Finish this off Tuesday and get ready for the championship.

I was pissed they gave him a tech when Donovan got one too. Seemed to light a fire in him after that though.

Good win. Finish this off Tuesday and get ready for the championship.

Yea the refs were just giving safe techs and then doing make up calls. Totally goofed on that and 1 the Rockets were supposed to get, and made it up on that Gobert rim call only cause it was something obvious. Fantastic game from Capela. It really did feel like he had more blocks than he actually did.

This 3 right here...BOY was it right on time

Rockets better get it together, specifically Harden and defense in general. Mitchell is killing them, and that shouldn’t be happening

Last year and years before if harden has a night like tonight...we get blown out. Cp3 carried us all tonight.

Wasn’t pretty, but we’re at where we expected to be all season. Need everyone to turn it on at the same time now. Not gonna be easy, but we gotta find a way to get it done.

Need all hands on deck now. This is pretty much what they built the team for. Just need to get after it. Can't afford not contesting and having those stretches where we don't score for like 3-5 minutes at a time. Harden needs to be on his game, Chris Paul needs to be the floor general he is, Capela needs to play with that same intensity he has both series, and Tucker/Ariza/Luc need to knock down their open shots and play good solid defense like they have. EG and Ryno most definitely need to earn their money this series. Ryno seemed to not play by design, so he most definitely should be useful this serious, and EG can't have those lapses that he's had these two playoff series. I'm pretty hype for this, and think the Rockets have every chance to win even if others don't.

We were being fake humble all series complementing these guys. Didn't really respect these guys. JH def took tonight off.

Narratives from the national media never get old. You’d think people would actually fact check things, but they prefer to just say things from previous seasons. I’ve heard more “the Rockets will have to slow down and play half court basketball now” and “will have to play defense. How can you be professional so called experts and not know that the Rockets have ranked from 28th-30th in pace all year, and have been a top defense during the year??

Back
Top Bottom