Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Won't be the DWill/Boozer team, but facing the Jazz in the playoffs is still as scary as ever.

Good win. Came out ready to play and it was over before halftime. Second half reminded me of how we pretty much finished the regular season after locking up the #1 overall seed. Hope it doesn’t carry over at all.

Harden was on point today. I was curious as to why GG didn’t get any time during that second half lull. He plays hard on both sides of the court. Really hope we’re able to keep him next season and not let him go elsewhere.

Good win. Came out ready to play and it was over before halftime. Second half reminded me of how we pretty much finished the regular season after locking up the #1 overall seed. Hope it doesn’t carry over at all.

Harden was on point today. I was curious as to why GG didn’t get any time during that second half lull. He plays hard on both sides of the court. Really hope we’re able to keep him next season and not let him go elsewhere.

This. I wasn't really sure what was going on with that. Definitely want him back next year, and I know it wouldn't cost much to keep him.

Watched the game hours later after I got off work, and it was crazy how easy the Rockets were getting off shots early on, and playing defense. They completely rendered Gobert useless, and both Gobert and Crowder were panicking like crazy when they were matched up on Harden :lol: :lol: can't have too many bench performances like that though going forward.

as much as gerald likes playing for us, i'm sure some teams are going to throw money at him based on how he played this year and since he wasn't even in the league before we picked him up, he'd be a dummy not to take it if we don't match whatever they offer.

Big Tuck finishing at the rim with craft/english ?!

These guys are so fun to watch when they're playing with high urgency. I never thought we'd recover from the D12 era so quickly. Thank you Daryl (and James).

as much as gerald likes playing for us, i'm sure some teams are going to throw money at him based on how he played this year and since he wasn't even in the league before we picked him up, he'd be a dummy not to take it if we don't match whatever they offer.

An unfortunate truth. If the Kings offer him some 15+ million dollar deal, he better where every Mike Bibby and Chris Webber jersey possible :lol:

Big Tuck finishing at the rim with craft/english ?!

These guys are so fun to watch when they're playing with high urgency. I never thought we'd recover from the D12 era so quickly. Thank you Daryl (and James).

Same here. They’ve been very good at plan Bs and Cs when it comes to stuff falling through. Just remember though, some of the Rockets best deals have been the ones that don’t happen

'Foot on the gas': Pressure on Houston Rockets to go up 2-0 over Utah Jazz

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
The overarching narrative in the two off days between games one and two of the Houston Rockets-Utah Jazz series has been how the latter will respond.

The Rockets are well aware of the Jazz's explosiveness, the same type that bent the will of the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round.

Houston led by as many as 27 points in game one but let Utah get closer late in the game, cutting the deficit down to 11 points.

Complacency could become a game-killer if the Rockets are put in the same position in this round.

"We have to be ready for all they got," said head coach Mike D'Antoni, noting Utah's one-day turnover heading into game one.

For all the talk about never letting up over the course of the game, Houston once again got another superstar stat line from James Harden, who scored 41 points on 12-of-26 shooting.

In fact, Harden is averaging 35 points a game against the Jazz this season, so Utah would be hard pressed to seek an answer for No. 13.

"I wouldn't tell them what I think," said Rockets forward Trevor Ariza when asked about how anyone would slow his bearded teammate.

Houston's dominance of Utah got support from Chris Paul, Clint Capela, and P.J. Tucker, who scored 17, 16, and 15 points, respectively, in game one. The scoring was buoyed by the 17-for-32 shooting from the arc. Outside of Harden, the other Rockets accounted for 10 of those three-point makes.

It's all of the support the Rockets will need as the pressure heightens to get the one-seed a 2-0 series lead heading to Salt Lake City.

For Utah, star point guard Ricky Rubio could miss another game in the series. He was kept out of game six in the first round and game one of the Western Conference semifinal series due to hamstring soreness. - ABC13

Pathetic outing so far. I get that the Jazz were obviously gonna come out stronger, but that has nothing to do with Rockets players not contesting at all.

Again, this team is defending the 3 terribly. Guys are having enough time to dribble, gather themselves, take a deep breath, and get off the shot

Yeah game 1 the Jazz didn’t hit those open shots. Game 2 they did. Meanwhile we can’t hit 3’s right now. Not a good showing.

Pressure is on for game 3. Definitely don’t want to go down 2-1 and have game 4 in Utah.

EDEE038A-72D8-462C-A637-0ADF8B4B9316.png
Basically was a two man show with EG and Paul eventually showing up, but too little too late. Digging a 19 point hole at home was brutal, but the game should’ve turned for us at 94-92 when EG put the Rockets up with that 3. Instead, they let the Jazz get off a 11-2 run and basically keep us afar. Really need to take the first Utah game, cause 1-2 isn’t a good thing like puglife puglife said. Ariza, PJ, and Luc need to bring some offense as well as defense consistently next game. Can’t have these stats and expect to go far

We didn't want to work on defense in the first half with that Gobert screen. Thought we could just out-offense them. Kinda did and played defense for some minor stretches but that approach made us pay. Better come out ready to play defense at 100% from start to finish or this series could get scary quick.

I was a little dissapointed with some of the small ball lineups Pringles was playing. I also thought Luc should have gotten more minutes

Only negative tonight was harden slamming his head into the ground.

That’s how we can play any given night. Hope we’re awake for the next month now.

Back
Top Bottom