Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Rockets really need some reinforcements, this 8 man rotation is going to get the player's dog *** tired later on in the season.

This team sucks. Can’t have a coach with no stability in it. Either we shoulda extended him or let him go then and there.

I liked that post you had in the nba thread about russ saying eff it and is just going to get the rebounds himself
He’s the best rebounding PG of all time, and it’s a big part of his game like he said. Another way he can impact the game without scoring.

I can only imagine what the score would’ve been had the Rockets not missed so many layups. That was insane but still a good and much needed win. Still don’t like that no backend bench guy could get into the game until right after the 6 minute mark. That’s just so annoying.

Pretty outstanding game last night with no Capela, Harden, nor Westbrook. The biggest thing last night told me was this team is more than capable of doing really big things, they just have to be trusted. They were all over the floor, playing good defense, and taking the best shots available. I think Clemons was the only one just throwing up 3s at one point, but I assumed he was just getting shots off wondering when he'd even see minutes again. Shout out to EG. He was money all night and became Mitchell's father again. I'll give credit to MDA for the small lineup simply cause it worked, but I'll give more credit to the players themselves. Rivers played 40 minutes. House played FORTY FIVE MINUTES. How do you still pull stunts like that with NO HARDEN, CAPELA, OR WESTBROOK??? Clemons and Hartenstein's time on the court was pretty dicey, but there's really no excuse to not empty the bench when you're missing the bulk or your starting scoring. Give another shoutout to Thabo for his 2nd mostly useful game all year. 25 minutes of productivity on both ends. Not mad at that at all. That's the Thabo I figured we'd get from the start. Michael Frazier playing 20 minutes was very surprising too, and they were productive. That's really all I can ask for certain players in the lineup. If you're going to be on the floor and not do much scoring, do other productive stuff. Probably the best win of the year given the circumstances.

Clemons minutes were terrible fasho
Hartenstein could’ve played more tho
Rockets own Utah

hartenstein's minutes were pretty bad. his effort was good, but everything else stunk. in the 5-6 minutes he played, i don't think he set 1 solid screen. hard to last as a PnR roll man if you can't set proper screens.

Really love where this SQUAD is right now. The Utah win is huge and I think they will build off of it.

Harden and Capela are clearly not right and need to be out multiple games. The Utah game should’ve been inspiring to guys. All that running around and movement, then you get are 3 starters back, and two of them are pretty much laboring for much of the game. Thabo had come off two of his most productive games of the year, and played 3 minutes. Technically, they ran another 7 man rotation. When you’re needing a spark, you need to do something different. Frazier played 20 minutes the other night, hit two 3s and was generally a positive on the court, and had 0 minutes. Guys being run into the ground, EG doing nothing tonight, good lord.

If Porzingis is playing, get ready for another Brook Lopez like game where PJ just gets shot over for the entire game. He’ll probably play 44 minutes as well.

Why not just go with hartenstein? I hate mda

because a center in the game hurts russ. H'es been balling lately because he's attacking the rim. a center in the game means their center gets to hover in the paint and shadow russ.

Watching right now, and there a possession where Porzingis just keeps getting the offensive rebound as Thabo, Mclemore and I think Harden contest him. This is such a stupid way to play b-ball.

Good game despite it getting closer than it should have been late. This small ball shortened lineup just isn’t going to cut it, and everyone knows it except the person orchestrating it.

Will still give props to the players for stepping up though. Harden still showed some slight wear, but you can tell he really wanted to play better. Need him to heel up and match his effort up with Russ’. Timely shots from PJ, Rivers, House, and Mclemore were very much appreciated.

Up in the air about this next game. 1pm starts have never been kind to the players nor the fans, and PJ/Thabo vs Zion just seems like a mugging. Guess we’ll find out if it is or not.

Finished watching a couple hours ago, and this was a very good game despite me despising the whole rotation change. This sub-6'7" shortened rotation is NOT conducive to going far in the playoffs. 3-0 is fine, and practically MDA's championship, but he cannot continue to just beat these guys like this. For this to be successful, you're banking on near perfect shooting consistently (ha!) and maximum effort, particularly on defense (HA!). So it's whatever. Just keep on winning, stay the course in the standings, and try moving past some of these other teams.

Good to see Harden look like himself, especially with Russ somewhat having an off night. I'll give props to Thabo again. This is probably his 3rd or 4th game being a solid contributor on the floor. It only took 45 games.

I'm also sure everybody's been hearing Capela trade rumors, but I'm not entertaining a single thing til jerseys are switched and games are played. I'm done anticipating "aggressive moves" ever since that Jimmy Butler sham. Until something is confirmed, I just do not care about it.

Back
Top Bottom