Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Russillo has thrown a lot of stuff to the wall that hasn't stuck. People keep citing to him "calling" that CP3 was available last offseason but everyone disregards the circumstances and timeline.

Russillo first put out the rumor that CP3 was available which Morey adamantly denied. It wasn't until PG got traded in the middle of the night to the clippers that Russ became available and Morey started making moves on CP. Trade goes through and Russillo gets credited as if he called it when really he just threw something at the wall that stuck because of other circumstances after the fact.

As with alot of these clown insiders (except my man Woj, Iko and shams aren't bad either), not advocating for Rusillo, but he might have been right about CP3 (or just chucking stuff at the wall and happened to be right). Yes Morey denied it, but I think we all knew he was trying to trade him, didnt think it would happen with his contract though. I'm pretty sure Morey was lying through his teeth about CP, because I remember an article I read after the trade that quoated beard asking Morey what was taking so long. Either way I really dont think Russ is on the block, but if the right deal is presented Morey would bite with no hesitation (Harden is the only untouchable) it'd have to be a monster deal though. We gave up too much of our future to give up on a guy who's not been bad, to just dump him a quarter of the way into the season.

Last edited:
I don't believe it, Harden would flip if they traded Brodie

He might, I think he for sure would if they didnt at least get to play a full season together and see the results (or better yet play together under a different head coach), but at this point in his career I think the only thing missing for him is a ring. If the Rockets somehow turned Russ into someone(s) who help him accomplish this, he might be salty at the trade at first, but would be OK with it if it brought him a ring.

For any Russillo credibility
D4BADE5C-DE42-4CA9-ACE8-7E06E0FA1325.jpeg

This is his thing. He needed clicks and routinely uses the Rockets/Harden to do so.

Also

For any Russillo credibility
D4BADE5C-DE42-4CA9-ACE8-7E06E0FA1325.jpeg

This is his thing. He needed clicks and routinely uses the Rockets/Harden to do so.

Also

Yeah was gonna post that Rusillo comment yesterday, just didnt get around to it. I'm not sure if he just hates the Rockets (hard for me to believe he dislikes every player on the roster) or just his disdain for the style of play of the Rockets.

Any reason why I think it isn't true is that the roster hasn't been even fully healthy yet with EG, Russ, and Harden. Would be very odd if they decided to punt on it already and the season has been going fine so far. But it's the NBA so I guess you will never really now.

Any reason why I think it isn't true is that the roster hasn't been even fully healthy yet with EG, Russ, and Harden. Would be very odd if they decided to punt on it already and the season has been going fine so far. But it's the NBA so I guess you will never really now.

Agreed but Morey's gonna Morey so you never know. I can see Morey listening to offers (most likely where the rumors started), but hes too savy to jump the gun right now. Unless a major player becomes disgruntled and demands a trade, hes not just gonna trade Russ unless there is some bad chemistry (which I dont see) or it starts to look like we're gonna miss the playoffs which I also dont see. There could be something to this rumor around the trade deadline though, I really doubt it though.

Kind of ridiculous d’antoni is supposed to be an offensive genius and we can’t figure out how to get easy buckets when teams are committing full double teams on harden.

Kind of ridiculous d’antoni is supposed to be an offensive genius and we can’t figure out how to get easy buckets when teams are committing full double teams on harden.

He’s simply not that anymore. He’s just some guy in a suit taking up space while the players fend for themselves.

Yeah I saw the wide open shots, but when they’re not falling all game, we should get some wide open layups going instead of letting teams go on these huge runs. Stop the bleeding instead of letting it continue.

Played great until the 4th quarter
Hartenstein played really well
EG looked good too he’s a vital piece to the team

Westbrook hasn’t played the second game of a B2B so far this season

I’m ******ed. For some reason I thought he sat out yesterday against the nets to rest, but he definitely played.

This tweet was yesterday, so some of the W/L's columns will change the west has like 5 to 6 teams deadlocked, and I dont see it changing might come down to last few games for the top 4 seeds in the west. Rockets had a strong month (except that GS game:sick:) Lakers are coming back to reality and falling in line with the pack too. CP3 just proving he's a winner, (never been a huge fan of his) but gotta respect what he and OKC have done. I didn't peg them to even be relevant this season. Even though he'll probably never earn a chip at this point in his career, for his sake he ring chases...maybe once he gets out of OKC he does deserve it. Happy NY guys be safe if you're heading out.:emoji_beers:

Back
Top Bottom