Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

I hate this trade I'm so disinterested in the Rockets now, they can move whoever they want. I don't even care anymore. I'll still be a die hard, but championship dreams are done for a while.

Very happy and sad about this trade. Tax Refunds will be Amazing though.

Grabbing those shorts.

Not sure how I really feel about the trade. Probably too much to hope it’s the old John Wall but with the injuries I doubt it.

Grabbing those shorts.

Not sure how I really feel about the trade. Probably too much to hope it’s the old John Wall but with the injuries I doubt it.
My 2 cents:

If healthy, which is a HUGE if, Wall is a better fit than Russ (not a better player though) simply because he's a purer PG, has a slightly better shot, a smarter basketball player, doesn't fold in the playoffs, and is a great defender when he tries. There's obviously a lot of negatives that come with him though, even before the injuries, like the inability to play off-ball and standing around A LOT when he's not involved in the play.

With that said, I genuinely don't expect much. Not really buying all the "he looks good" talk from the reporters either. I'll temper my expectations, but still remain ignorantly optimistic. It will most likely be a lateral trade at best anyways.

However, I do recognize what the front office is trying to do, given their current situation. They're trying to keep Harden marginally happy by maximizing the team as best as they can, while also preparing for life without him. With Russ making it clear he wanted out (not showing up at training camp also aided efforts), I don't know how many better options available there were to position the Rockets both for the present and the future. It's the rare win-win, or neither team actually loses too much, trade. A protected first rounder is a solid asset. I personally would've liked to get better protections on that pick, another 1st rounder, or at least 2 2nd rounders though. Gotta think that Russ not showing up to camp today probably cost Stone some of that negotiation though.

Players aside, Stone has netted us back 3 first rounders in total from the RoCo trade and now the Westbrook trade. They have more options now, whether they choose to keep them to build for the future or try to dangle them to make the team better. If Wall/Cousins/Wood all look good early, they can use those picks as assets to upgrade the team. With them being so close to the hard cap apron, it would most likely have to be some type of Gordon + Tucker + picks trade for a fringe all-star/3rd star player and then adding a minimum contract.

Of course, the caveat is that it blows up and we're forced to trade Harden anyways :lol: but I respect what Stone has done.

Last edited:
My 2 cents:

If healthy, which is a HUGE if, Wall is a better fit than Russ (not a better player though) simply because he's a purer PG, has a slightly better shot, a smarter basketball player, doesn't fold in the playoffs, and is a great defender when he tries. There's obviously a lot of negatives that come with him though, even before the injuries, like the inability to play off-ball and standing around A LOT when he's not involved in the play.

With that said, I genuinely don't expect much. Not really buying all the "he looks good" talk from the reporters either. I'll temper my expectations, but still remain ignorantly optimistic. It will most likely be a lateral trade at best anyways.

However, I do recognize what the front office is trying to do, given their current situation. They're trying to keep Harden marginally happy by maximizing the team as best as they can, while also preparing for life without him. With Russ making it clear he wanted out (not showing up at training camp also aided efforts), I don't know how many better options available there were to position the Rockets both for the present and the future. It's the rare win-win, or neither team actually loses too much, trade. A protected first rounder is a solid asset. I personally would've liked to get better protections on that pick, another 1st rounder, or at least 2 2nd rounders though. Gotta think that Russ not showing up to camp today probably cost Stone some of that negotiation though.

Players aside, Stone has netted us back 3 first rounders in total from the RoCo trade and now the Westbrook trade. They have more options now, whether they choose to keep them to build for the future or try to dangle them to make the team better. If Wall/Cousins/Wood all look good early, they can use those picks as assets to upgrade the team. With them being so close to the hard cap apron, it would most likely have to be some type of Gordon + Tucker + picks trade for a fringe all-star/3rd star player and then adding a minimum contract.

Of course, the caveat is that it blows up and we're forced to trade Harden anyways :lol: but I respect what Stone has done.

I think Stone jumped the gun on this one. Wall wasnt going anywhere and by mid-season there could be 3 or 4 disgruntled stars wanting trades. I NO got 2 FR picks for freaking Holiday... I hate this trade even more so when Wall is out for extended periods of time from injuries I hope I'm wrong though.

I think Stone jumped the gun on this one. Wall wasnt going anywhere and by mid-season there could be 3 or 4 disgruntled stars wanting trades. I NO got 2 FR picks for freaking Holiday... I hate this trade even more so when Wall is out for extended periods of time from injuries I hope I'm wrong though.

Holiday also wasn’t requesting a trade and not showing up to camp. They lost leverage in any trade when it was leaked Westbrook requested a trade/wanted out. Not too mention his contract was going to be a tough sell to other teams.

Holiday also wasn’t requesting a trade and not showing up to camp. They lost leverage in any trade when it was leaked Westbrook requested a trade/wanted out. Not too mention his contract was going to be a tough sell to other teams.

I see where you're coming from I just think they rushed a deal when something a little better may have come along. Who knows who's going to want a trade in the next couple of months. You can probably tell I just don't like the trade, and walls contract is just as bad, maybe worse.

They did rush a deal. A desperate team would of took Westbrook and gave up more. He don’t wanna show up to training camp and cry. Let him.

Wall probably gonna be a shell of himself with his speed and athleticism. Let alone him being in Houston outside of basketball doesn’t make it any better. That contract is terrible too.

Lowkey I wish a team comes with a crazy amount of picks for Harden and we ship him.

I’m in Academy right now and wooooow these City shirts and sweaters look NICE :lol: I’m not in here for me though so I don’t want to make any impulse purchases

Had to stay myself on this one, something tells me ill end up with it soon though.
20579670.jpeg
20579542.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom