Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

I just have some pretty big concerns of he’s back. Contract not even close to the biggest.

Defense was already a huge problem last year. We know Harden doesn’t give max effort there. Where’s the improvement going to come from? Ime is going to want to install his defense. James going to be willing to buy into that?

Is he going to let the kids have theirs? Numerous stars - KD, Jokic, etc - went on record after playing us saying the offense should be run through Sengun. He essentially played 2nd fiddle while in Philly. He going to be willing to defer knowing he’s essentially number 1 by default.

Been rumblings of trading some of our young guys for another Star to go with Harden. I guess my concern is Stone packaging the wrong guys and losing some depth. I think we’re more than Harden and another star away if we trade away quite a bit of depth. Would hate to do that just to be potentially a play-in team.

I saw in the NBA thread some saying Harden would essentially take on the CP3 role in OKC if he comes back. Those two couldn’t be more opposite and can’t see that lol.

I don’t know. I’m more skeptical about him returning. Especially after this past post season where he showed it was more of the same when he was here. Especially confused why the fanbase is so forgiving/welcoming someone who forced his way out lol. That’s just me though.

I don’t mind harden coming back if it’s not for the 4 year max. He will do wonders for Jabari and Jalen. Last year KPJ and nix ran the point guard position. Harden will look like magic Johnson in comparison to them. Plus harden has gotten a negative reputation but there’s plenty of younger players that said he helped them. I’m really curious what happens in the draft. I would trade up and secure scoot and skip harden all together

You’re not alone in not wanting Harden back. I’m disgusted at the idea of a 4/180 or whatever contract. You want 2/40? Sure lmao

Last edited:
🧢?
B8C61F19-862E-4DCE-ACB9-910CD4F6683E.jpeg

If Ime can reign in his shot selection, then I like Dillon brooks. I think he can be had at a discount with his embarrassment in the playoffs. He could almost single-handedly make our perimeter defense respectable

Back
Top Bottom